Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 10:02 PM

2,452 posts, read 2,301,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Why? It won’t strengthen your point if no one does so. One random picture on the Internet isn’t at all indicitive of the Dallas landscape and you know that.
Nowhere is going to look the same throughout, obviously. But given that those are all plants that are grown throughout Dallas area gardens, I'd say that the picture is pretty indicative of what you'd see there.

Anyone confusing North Texas for Ohio or Nebraska is in need of an eye exam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2018, 10:05 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,641,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texyn View Post
Nowhere is going to look the same throughout, obviously. But given that those are all plants that are grown throughout Dallas area gardens, I'd say that the picture is pretty indicative of what you'd see there. That's all that is needed to show that anyone confusing Dallas for Ohio or Nebraska is in need of an eye exam.
I could grow thousands of Venus flytraps in Cincinnati, but that says nothing about the appearance of the overall landscape. Have you been to Dallas? It’s as unremarkable as anywhere in the Midwest. Sure, there may be a couple sad looking palms outside a mall here and there, but overall it’s as nondescript as it gets.

Old 02-16-2018, 10:10 PM

Quote:
I could grow thousands of Venus flytraps in Cincinnati, but that says nothing about the appearance of the overall landscape. Have you been to Dallas? It’s as unremarkable as anywhere in the Midwest. Sure, there may be a couple sad looking palms outside a mall here and there, but overall it’s as nondescript as it gets.
Oh, alright. Check back with me after they've prescribed your bifocals.

Old 02-16-2018, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Oh, alright. Check back with me after they've prescribed your bifocals.
LOL, clearly a baseless argument.

Old 02-16-2018, 11:44 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,613,847 times
Quote:
I agree. Even though PHX is in a desert, it's still prettier than Dallas. Dallas is kinda blah. Parts are pretty but overall? Blah. I lived there for 17 years. Gotta admit, though, it is pretty at Christmas.

Old 02-17-2018, 07:09 AM

4,222 posts, read 3,733,572 times
Quote:
I agree, Mill has some of that funky young vibe that is definitely reminiscent of Austin, and with the trees lining it, it looks a similar to 6th Street too. Unfortunately, it's on a much smaller scale and lacks the live music scene. That's one of the great things about Austin - on any given night in a variety of different places, you can hear some really talented musicians. Phoenix's live music scene is lacking.

Yeah it’s her first trip to the valley and that statement wasn’t meant to mean there was a study done, just that in general it had a similar look and feel. This happened to be late Thur night and there was music at quite a few bars, hard to tell which ones were live as we didn’t stop in.

On Friday night there seemed to be live music everywhere around downtown Tempe from acoustic at Dirks, open mic at chop shop, to EDM DJs at CASA and Shady Park plus bands at blasted barley, Rula Bula, culinary dropout.

I get it’s not Austin in the sheer volume of live music, but it’s also just 1 area of the valley, not the epicenter like 6th is in ATX.

Old 02-17-2018, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
Yeah it’s her first trip to the valley and that statement wasn’t meant to mean there was a study done, just that in general it had a similar look and feel. This happened to be late Thur night and there was music at quite a few bars, hard to tell which ones were live as we didn’t stop in.

On Friday night there seemed to be live music everywhere around downtown Tempe from acoustic at Dirks, open mic at chop shop, to EDM DJs at CASA and Shady Park plus bands at blasted barley, Rula Bula, culinary dropout.

I get it’s not Austin in the sheer volume of live music, but it’s also just 1 area of the valley, not the epicenter like 6th is in ATX.
That's awesome that there were musicians out and about. I'll have to go down there soon. I love some of the Pedal Haus brews.

Old 02-17-2018, 08:27 AM

4,321 posts, read 6,281,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabeaTexan View Post
And a lot of Cowboy fans are jerks. Being a Seahawk fan, I’ve had encounters with several rude ones.
Sorry, but Seahawks fans take the cake for being jerks.

Old 02-17-2018, 08:50 AM

Yep, just like the Midwest:

Old 02-17-2018, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Yep, just like the Midwest:
I think you're being sarcastic, in which case it's evident that you've never been to the Midwest. That picture looks EXACTLY like many neighborhoods in MI, IL, IA, etc.

Here, this is from MI:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City