Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 09:37 AM

4,222 posts, read 3,733,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
That's awesome that there were musicians out and about. I'll have to go down there soon. I love some of the Pedal Haus brews.
Yeah I was surprised it’s been a bit since we just walked around Mill, with all the new construction I can only imagine what it will be like in a few years with Union, Mirabella, The Collective, Local, Hayden, the Westin all coming online it’s going to get pretty dense around Mill.

Pedal Haus is great, one of our favorites too, we tend to watch away ASU games there plus being a dog friendly patio makes it even better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2018, 10:02 AM

2,452 posts, read 2,301,941 times
Quote:
I think you're being sarcastic, in which case it's evident that you've never been to the Midwest. That picture looks EXACTLY like many neighborhoods in MI, IL, IA, etc.
Yes, when I went to the Midwest, I saw loads of live oaks and lush greenery in the middle of winter....

Quote:
Here, this is from MI:
And in winter, the area is a brown wasteland. Far cry from Dallas.

Old 02-17-2018, 10:09 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,641,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texyn View Post
Yes, when I went to the Midwest, I saw loads of live oaks and lush greenery in the middle of winter....

And in winter, the area is a brown wasteland. Far cry from Dallas.
Yeah you got me there. I didn’t pay attention to the date. Meanwhile, when I was in the metroplex a couple weeks ago, it surely didn’t look like that. The grass all looked like dry hay and everything was quite brown. I’ve never seen green grass in the winter there. They don’t seem to plant rye. Regardless, it may be a decent place to live, but it’s hardly unique or special.

Old 02-17-2018, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Yeah you got me there. I didn’t pay attention to the date. Meanwhile, when I was in the metroplex a couple weeks ago, it surely didn’t look like that. The grass all looked like dry hay and everything was quite brown. I’ve never seen green grass in the winter there. They don’t seem to plant rye. Regardless, it may be a decent place to live, but it’s hardly unique or special.
Because you didn't have your bifocals on.

Old 02-17-2018, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Because you didn't have your bifocals on.
I get that you think that’s some sort of clever retort, but it does nothing to prove your point. And it’s not nearly as witty as you think.

Old 02-17-2018, 11:49 AM

Quote:
I get that you think that’s some sort of clever retort, but it does nothing to prove your point. And it’s not nearly as witty as you think.
Nothing to do with wittiness, as it was a frank statement. You ain't fooling anyone with your nonsensical arguments.

Old 02-17-2018, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Nothing to do with wittiness, as it was a frank statement. You ain't fooling anyone with your nonsensical arguments.
I have 20/20 vision. Your assertion that you know the quality of my vision and my optical needs is absurd and wildly off-topic.

Old 02-17-2018, 01:36 PM

2,653 posts, read 3,045,998 times
Quote:
Wow, so you're telling me that I can find a garden like this in Ohio or Nebraska? Who knew?

Tony
Good one, Tony Dallas isn't known for their palms, but a few hardy varieties do survive as you point out But come one bitter winter, and many bite the dust.

Old 02-17-2018, 01:41 PM

2,653 posts, read 3,045,998 times
Quote:
Yep, just like the Midwest:
I love street-lined streets. SO kid friendly and ECO friendly. Phoenix needs this type of neighborhood more often (see above pic of tree-lined res. streets).

Old 02-17-2018, 01:53 PM

Quote:
I have 20/20 vision. Your assertion that you know the quality of my vision and my optical needs is absurd and wildly off-topic.
If you say so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougStark View Post
Good one, Tony Dallas isn't known for their palms, but a few hardy varieties do survive as you point out But come one bitter winter, and many bite the dust.
Quite a few palms are surprisingly hardy, down to single digits, even subzero temps. Any good gardener in Dallas knows to use a base of "bullet-proof" plants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City