Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2018, 08:06 PM

923 posts, read 666,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Because he didn’t say anything unreasonable nor anything I care about.
But you are wrong.You took what I said out of context .
You came in after a whole couple of pages about a subject where you would'nt have made those comments knowing what had been said prior if you had been following.
It was very clear the point was making based on a similar area in Atlanta we were discussing which had NOTHING to do with density at all rather than the proximity of similar mixed use industrial near both downtowns.
I said several cities but I used those examples as I have more intimate knowledge of those ares due to family.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:22 PM

3,733 posts, read 2,897,523 times
OMG....let's just give it to Atlanta, even if it's not. Because, you know, this will determine, in actuality, which is the 9th best downtown. The world will know. I'm not a fan of Atlanta, but...

Old 10-16-2018, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Because he didn’t say anything unreasonable nor anything I care about.
So this is what I said was so unreasonable?
Quote:
If you go a few blocks just outside of downtown Chicago in some areas there is the same style of development.
In NYC you have Queens and its has some suburban areas as well but NO one would ever call Queens,Long Island etc suburban or suburbia.
RIGGGHHHHHHHHHHHT..........

Old 10-16-2018, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enean View Post
OMG....let's just give it to Atlanta, even if it's not. Because, you know, this will determine, in actuality, which is the 9th best downtown. The world will know. I'm not a fan of Atlanta, but...
I really dont think the world knows who you are to care what you think of anything ,nonetheless Atlanta so.......
Childish.When no one agrees with you,you want to pout and have the thread closed.Sad

When You mentioned Miwaukee I actually thought it was a good choice bu for me it seems small and lacking.I only gave my opion against bt I never made you feel like it was a bad answer.In fact I even agreed with you on some points.

It wasnt even me that brought up Atlanta.SEVERAL people mentioned Atlanta.I only responded after someone said something that I found not factually true.
You have some serious insecurities

Old 10-16-2018, 08:40 PM

3,733 posts, read 2,897,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Be Proud View Post
I really dont think the world knows who you are to care what you think of anything ,nonetheless Atlanta so.......
Childish.When no one agrees with you,you want to pout and have the thread closed.Sad

When You mentioned Miwaukee I actually thought it was a good choice bu for me it seems small and lacking.I only gave my opion against bt I never made you feel like it was a bad answer.In fact I even agreed with you on some points.

It wasnt even me that brought up Atlanta.SEVERAL people mentioned Atlanta.I only responded after someone said something that I found not factually true.
You have some serious insecurities

Not really....I haven't looked at this thread for a while, and I'm just speaking my mind. There really is no 9th best downtown that will be decided upon by our comments, so....

Old 10-16-2018, 09:14 PM

14,034 posts, read 15,048,993 times
Quote:
Atlanta is certainly in the discussion if not the front runner.

Old 10-16-2018, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Not really....I haven't looked at this thread for a while, and I'm just speaking my mind. There really is no 9th best downtown that will be decided upon by our comments, so....
i hope this doesn't get removed as I really am not attempting to be offensive, but I just need to be honest.

Your comments are antagonistic.Not very good for a forum and not exactly respectful.

I have NEVER derided you for your comments about Milwaukeeor anything else, but everything I say seems to irritate you.I only gave my opinion.I didn't attack you and your reasoning by making snide remarks.
This is beyond childish as you and a couple of the same people who like similar style cities seem to agree.

Thats fine but you all gang up and have a need to discredit others for not seeing things your way.
I personally do not ever want to live in a a super dense city like NYC again.
i apprecate density and what it adds to make a city urban.but a city must have more than just the ohysical layout.It has to have its own vibe, culture and history.

Chicago is about right in its layout and everything else I mentioned mbut its too cold and although its on one of the most beautiful waterfronts in the world,Its rather flat and bland if you cant see the water which many people cannot afford to live on or near.

as it pertains to this topic notice not once did I say Atlanta should be number 9.In fact I actually said its somewhere between 9 and 14 a there where many cities that could be good candidates.

Anyway why cant we just disagree instead of you trying to degrade someone elses input?
That's akin to bullying and just rude.
Everyone has a right to post without snarky high school girl and jock comments
Its negative for no reason.You nd the others no who they are always start getting so personal and insulting.There is something wrong with that and it aint me.

I dont get why it has to get like that.I used to follow yall with that negative back and forth until I realized long after I got off the computer I was still mad!
I asked myself WHY do I feel so mad or angry?When i though about he ridiculousness of why,it doesnt bother me anymore.I expect it.I refuse to be dragged in pissing contest with people who cant handle differences of opinion and feel the need to go in attacj mode.

I don;t know any of you.My life is wonderful and no stress.I retired before 40 and Im comfortable enough with no debt,I have great friends ,and while I live in Atlanta asmy base and main address, I am not there all the time as I travel between cities different parts of he year in different regions of the U.S.

Atlanta is a place I made my base for several reason and many of the reasons why are because it offers a perfect balance of what I like for the cost,culture and fun.
It has enough urbanity for me to have a nice urban lifestyle although it is not where even I want it to be yet,its enough.
Watching the city change so much makes it more and more enjoyable.
Ive lived in may places around the world and although Atlanta is not known,is very underacted in terms of urbanity,Its biggest issue is the subway needs to be expanded.
Downtown Atlanta in a few years will be a lot different than it is because its being totally redeveloped and growing.I have no doubt in about 5 years or less,Ill come back to this discussion and say I told you so.

If you read every single post of mine I have never said anything just bad about a place because I like every place I go as I like learning new things.This is why I am on CD.I keeps me in the know of whats going on because I have an open mind unlike you.

Never understood how someone can say they arent a fan of a place they probably know very little about.In our last discussion about your city, not once did I say I didn't like it.
I just said I like other cities better for different reasons

I really dont care if no one else sees what I see but if its not factually true then yes I will speak up EVERY time so get used to it.

Last edited by Be Proud; 10-16-2018 at 10:13 PM..

Old 10-16-2018, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
Atlanta is certainly in the discussion if not the front runner.
No its just me.Everyone else can bring up Atlanta all day but not till I make a comment does it become a bash Atlanta fest.I just dont get it.

Old 10-17-2018, 07:39 AM

4,087 posts, read 3,250,220 times
Quote:
I dont even know what you are talking.arguing about.Two of you come in a middle of a discussion and arguing about something you are totally taking out of context.

If you wish to be an adult say what your issue is with what I ACTUALLY said and to WHOM and WHYt,hen we can communicate but you creating an argument about nothing is just weird and childish.
Now it will be back to everyone else is wrong.... and argue your point among numerous posters. More simply put and on the offensive for Atlanta. But still only 9th place? I don't think anyone is Bashing Atlanta as you insist.... insults generally are a result of hitting a nerve of truth also.
Quote:
i hope this doesn't get removed as I really am not attempting to be offensive, but I just need to be honest.

Your comments are antagonistic.Not very good for a forum and not exactly respectful.

I have NEVER derided you for your comments about Milwaukeeor anything else, but everything I say seems to irritate you.I only gave my opinion.I didn't attack you and your reasoning by making snide remarks.
This is beyond childish as you and a couple of the same people who like similar style cities seem to agree.

Thats fine but you all gang up and have a need to discredit others for not seeing things your way.
I personally do not ever want to live in a a super dense city like NYC again.
i apprecate density and what it adds to make a city urban.but a city must have more than just the ohysical layout.It has to have its own vibe, culture and history.

Chicago is about right in its layout and everything else I mentioned mbut its too cold and although its on one of the most beautiful waterfronts in the world,Its rather flat and bland if you cant see the water which many people cannot afford to live on or near.

as it pertains to this topic notice not once did I say Atlanta should be number 9.In fact I actually said its somewhere between 9 and 14 a there where many cities that could be good candidates.

Anyway why cant we just disagree instead of you trying to degrade someone elses input?
That's akin to bullying and just rude.
Everyone has a right to post without snarky high school girl and jock comments
Its negative for no reason.You nd the others no who they are always start getting so personal and insulting.There is something wrong with that and it aint me.

I dont get why it has to get like that.I used to follow yall with that negative back and forth until I realized long after I got off the computer I was still mad!
I asked myself WHY do I feel so mad or angry?When i though about he ridiculousness of why,it doesnt bother me anymore.I expect it.I refuse to be dragged in pissing contest with people who cant handle differences of opinion and feel the need to go in attacj mode.

I don;t know any of you.My life is wonderful and no stress.I retired before 40 and Im comfortable enough with no debt,I have great friends ,and while I live in Atlanta asmy base and main address, I am not there all the time as I travel between cities different parts of he year in different regions of the U.S.

Atlanta is a place I made my base for several reason and many of the reasons why are because it offers a perfect balance of what I like for the cost,culture and fun.
It has enough urbanity for me to have a nice urban lifestyle although it is not where even I want it to be yet,its enough.
Watching the city change so much makes it more and more enjoyable.
Ive lived in may places around the world and although Atlanta is not known,is very underacted in terms of urbanity,Its biggest issue is the subway needs to be expanded.
Downtown Atlanta in a few years will be a lot different than it is because its being totally redeveloped and growing.I have no doubt in about 5 years or less,Ill come back to this discussion and say I told you so.

If you read every single post of mine I have never said anything just bad about a place because I like every place I go as I like learning new things.This is why I am on I'm keeping this as just IMO. CD.I keeps me in the know of whats going on because I have an open mind unlike you.

Never understood how someone can say they arent a fan of a place they probably know very little about.In our last discussion about your city, not once did I say I didn't like it.
I just said I like other cities better for different reasons

I really dont care if no one else sees what I see but if its not factually true then yes I will speak up EVERY time so get used to it.
At least you note Chicago did some great choices in planning its city and re-planning it after its Great Fire. Flat is fine for a more urban city. Green comes thru also flat or not. It also made Big plans in its past to change it when it was a fast growing city. Today we lack much of that.

Most here are travelers posting here, They use comparisons to other cities for impressions. Of course they do not know the whole city generally. But impressions do count too. Most are far from totally wrong, irrelevant, or outdated....

Last edited by DavePa; 10-17-2018 at 07:54 AM..

Old 10-17-2018, 08:22 AM

3,173 posts, read 2,062,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePa View Post
Now it will be back to everyone else is wrong.... and argue your point among numerous posters. More simply put and on the offensive for Atlanta. But still only 9th place? I don't think anyone is Bashing Atlanta as you insist.... insults generally are a result of hitting a nerve of truth also.

At least you note Chicago did some great choices in planning its city and re-planning it after its Great Fire. Flat is fine for a more urban city. Green comes thru also flat or not. It also made Big plans in its past to change it when it was a fast growing city. Today we lack much of that.

Most here are travelers posting here, They use comparisons to other cities for impressions. Of course they do not know the whole city generally. But impressions do count too. Most are far from totally wrong, irrelevant, or outdated....
I personally wouldn't even waste my time arguing with BeProud. I've done it before and quickly realized that regardless of the evidence and facts, he'll still fill every thread mentioning Atlanta (or interject Atlanta into threads havinig nothing to do with the city) with these long essays excoriating those who don't see Atlanta as he does and refusing to accept that Atlanta can be inferior to anywhere in anything whatsoever. In his mind, the US consists of two places:

1. Atlanta
2. lesser cities that hope that with a lot of help, could maybe one day approach the greatness of Atlanta

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City