Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best NFL Draft host city
New York 19 18.63%
Chicago 18 17.65%
Philly 16 15.69%
Dallas 25 24.51%
Nashville 24 23.53%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2023, 12:47 PM

1,889 posts, read 1,448,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProf View Post
Cleveland did a great job hosting the NFL draft on the downtown lakefront 2 years ago. The City made a great impression; guests were impressed; had a great time.
Yep, I was down there all 3 days when the Draft waa in Cleveland. I talked to people from all over the country and most of them enjoyed their time in Cleveland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2023, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganderTexan View Post
I'm not sure how the draft went in Vegas I'm sure it was great but Nashville is the gold standard for hosting the NFL draft. Detroit will host the upcoming NFL draft in 2024. I hope the world gets to see Detroit at it's best and I believe we will put on a draft better than any other city besides maybe Nashville.
I went to the one in Vegas in 2022, it was a pretty good one. Even though, it was in the 90s during my whole stay, it was still fun. I plan on attending the Draft in Detroit next year. It'll be my first time in Detroit, so do you know any great local restaurants and things to do?

Old 12-07-2023, 11:20 AM

713 posts, read 449,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QCongress83216 View Post
I went to the one in Vegas in 2022, it was a pretty good one. Even though, it was in the 90s during my whole stay, it was still fun. I plan on attending the Draft in Detroit next year. It'll be my first time in Detroit, so do you know any great local restaurants and things to do?
I'm from there but I haven't lived in Detroit in more than a decade and a half so I'm out of the loop but there's a lot of new development in I could ask my family as I will definitely probably go back for the draft in Detroit as well though I know there's been a lot of revitalization in Midtown/Downtown area of Detroit.

Old 12-08-2023, 03:05 PM

14,209 posts, read 9,110,127 times
I thought Kansas City did itself very proud with this year's NFL draft, which took place in front of the city's iconic (and restored) Union Station.

The producers did throw in some crowd shots with the National World War I Memorial, just uphill from the station, in the background.

For those of you here saying that only Nashville "has (had) what it takes," what did you think of the draft in KC? My hometown is way cooler and more self-confident than it was when I lived there, but I would say that it too is also one of those cities that sees itself as starved for attention or overlooked by the big dogs.

Old 12-08-2023, 05:57 PM

5,298 posts, read 5,251,105 times
KC and Cleveland did the 2 best jobs...

Nashville gets a lot of publicity but it looked too crowded imo.

Old 12-09-2023, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
I thought Kansas City did itself very proud with this year's NFL draft, which took place in front of the city's iconic (and restored) Union Station.

The producers did throw in some crowd shots with the National World War I Memorial, just uphill from the station, in the background.

For those of you here saying that only Nashville "has (had) what it takes," what did you think of the draft in KC? My hometown is way cooler and more self-confident than it was when I lived there, but I would say that it too is also one of those cities that sees itself as starved for attention or overlooked by the big dogs.
I really wanted to go to the one in KC beacuse I wanted to see what KC was all about but life happened.

Old 02-24-2024, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandBrown View Post
The downside was that it was the first one after the pandemic and before all the social distancing restrictions had fully been removed, so not as many people were able to be there compared to other host cities.
Actually, there wasn't a number restriction at the Draft when it was in Cleveland.

Old 02-25-2024, 04:31 PM

520 posts, read 258,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QCongress83216 View Post
Actually, there wasn't a number restriction at the Draft when it was in Cleveland.
Even if that were the case I'd bet a lot of folks were hesistant to travel.

Old 02-27-2024, 10:17 AM

713 posts, read 449,976 times
I don't think it's possible a city could ever surpass the show that Nashville put on, but I hope Detroit has success hosting the NFL draft.

Old 02-27-2024, 11:44 AM

2,236 posts, read 1,126,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganderTexan View Post
I don't think it's possible a city could ever surpass the show that Nashville put on, but I hope Detroit has success hosting the NFL draft.
That's great optics for Detroit to showcase its revitalized downtown.

I wonder if the NFL has been intentionally choosing cities that have been marred in the press. so far, it's been Chicago, Vegas, Cleveland, Philly and now Detroit since they've made the owners select the venues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City