Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Las Vegas vs San Antonio
Las Vegas 34 44.74%
San Antonio 42 55.26%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2019, 12:37 AM

1,286 posts, read 1,480,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
12. Where would you rather live?
Las Vegas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2019, 02:28 PM

92 posts, read 105,519 times
1. Downtown - San Antonio
2. Walkability - San Antonio
3. Things to do - San Antonio
4. Recreation - San Antonio
5. COL - San Antonio
6. Economy - San Antonio
7. Climate - San Antonio
8. Scenery - San Antonio
9. Restaurants/Food - San Antonio
10. Transportation Car and Public - San Antonio
11.Suburbs - San Antonio
12. Where would you rather live? San Antonio and it's not even close.

Las Vegas is a cultural wasteland located in an actual wasteland.

Old 08-20-2019, 05:09 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,594,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash Your Idols! View Post
1. Downtown - San Antonio
2. Walkability - San Antonio
3. Things to do - San Antonio
5. COL - San Antonio
6. Economy - San Antonio
7. Climate - San Antonio
8. Scenery - San Antonio
9. Restaurants/Food - San Antonio
10. Transportation Car and Public - San Antonio
11.Suburbs - San Antonio
12. Where would you rather live? San Antonio and it's not even close.

How is Las Vegas a cultural wasteland?

Old 08-20-2019, 06:23 PM

1,286 posts, read 1,480,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash Your Idols! View Post
Not true.

Old 08-20-2019, 10:48 PM

264 posts, read 250,002 times
1. Downtown - Neither are impressive even more so considering DTLV is not the Strip so probably San Antonio
2. Walkability - San Antonio but really it doesn't matter since both are not really walkable at all.
3. Things to do - San Antonio long term
5. COL - San Antonio
6. Economy - San Antonio
7. Climate - San Antonio
8. Scenery - Vegas
9. Restaurants/Food - Vegas probably by far. I'm eying those buffets and it probably has a more diverse food scene than San Antonio due to it being more international. Also not too big on TexMex.
10. Transportation Car and Public - Well public is probably a wash. By Car? Probably San Antonio.
11.Suburbs - I don't know.
12. Where would you rather live? - San Antonio is just more well-rounded so it's a better decision to live there for me. Would love to visit Vegas though.

Old 09-11-2019, 03:17 PM

1 posts, read 802 times
Ivory Lee Spurlock, Vegas has a world-class hockey team and, soon, the Raiders. Shopping is amazing (both high-end and two HUGE outlet malls), dining and entertainment options can't be beat. We also have the Smith Center which is a jewel in Vegas' crown. No tourists there, just amazing entertainment: Las Vegas Philharmonic, Nevada Ballet Theatre, a cabaret jazz theater, a studio theater and Broadway musicals, all in one giant complex. Then, there's Super Summer Theatre which is amazing. Hiking, biking, boating, skiing, snowboarding, kayaking, zip-lining -- locals take advantage of all of them.

It's been awhile since I've been to San Antonio but I did consider moving there at one time.

1. Downtown: San Antonio -- I don't care for downtown Vegas
2. Walkability: Tie
3. Things to do: Vegas
4. Recreation: Vegas
5. COL: Not sure about this but it may be a tossup
6. Economy: San Antonio has lower unemployment but Vegas hasa higher job growth rate. Vegas has higher household and family median income.
7. Climate: Depends on preference. I like loads of sunshine and Vegas has it. It does get quite hot in the summer though. San Antonio gets more rain and I despise rain. Vegas has a higher "comfort index"
8. Scenery: Tie. They're different but both have their plusses
9. Restaurants/Food: Absolutely VEGAS
10. Transportation Car and Public: Tie, at least according to the Wallet Hub study.
11.Suburbs: Hard to say. I live in the burbs in Vegas -- really like it where I live. I love gardening and I imagine that's a lot easier in San Antonio.
12. Where would you rather live? Hawaii, but I'm here in Vegas (going on 15 years now) and plan on never leaving. I did consider San Antonio, but there were reasons other than your criteria for my not moving there.

Funny you didn't mention people. I prefer Texans to Las Vegans. . .we've become a magnet for Californians, which makes me and a lot of others unhappy. If only they would acclimate. . .but, no, they bring all the garbage with them and try to impose it on us.

Old 09-14-2019, 03:47 AM

570 posts, read 559,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanLouise View Post
Ivory Lee Spurlock, Vegas has a world-class hockey team and, soon, the Raiders. Shopping is amazing (both high-end and two HUGE outlet malls), dining and entertainment options can't be beat. We also have the Smith Center which is a jewel in Vegas' crown. No tourists there, just amazing entertainment: Las Vegas Philharmonic, Nevada Ballet Theatre, a cabaret jazz theater, a studio theater and Broadway musicals, all in one giant complex. Then, there's Super Summer Theatre which is amazing. Hiking, biking, boating, skiing, snowboarding, kayaking, zip-lining -- locals take advantage of all of them.

It's been awhile since I've been to San Antonio but I did consider moving there at one time.

1. Downtown: San Antonio -- I don't care for downtown Vegas
2. Walkability: Tie
3. Things to do: Vegas
4. Recreation: Vegas
5. COL: Not sure about this but it may be a tossup
6. Economy: San Antonio has lower unemployment but Vegas hasa higher job growth rate. Vegas has higher household and family median income.
7. Climate: Depends on preference. I like loads of sunshine and Vegas has it. It does get quite hot in the summer though. San Antonio gets more rain and I despise rain. Vegas has a higher "comfort index"
8. Scenery: Tie. They're different but both have their plusses
9. Restaurants/Food: Absolutely VEGAS
10. Transportation Car and Public: Tie, at least according to the Wallet Hub study.
11.Suburbs: Hard to say. I live in the burbs in Vegas -- really like it where I live. I love gardening and I imagine that's a lot easier in San Antonio.
12. Where would you rather live? Hawaii, but I'm here in Vegas (going on 15 years now) and plan on never leaving. I did consider San Antonio, but there were reasons other than your criteria for my not moving there.

Funny you didn't mention people. I prefer Texans to Las Vegans. . .we've become a magnet for Californians, which makes me and a lot of others unhappy. If only they would acclimate. . .but, no, they bring all the garbage with them and try to impose it on us.
Pretty much spot on. I like Vegas but I would rather live in San Antonio.

Old 09-16-2019, 06:11 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,807,379 times
Vegas is pretty similar to where I currently live, so I would pick that. Can't stand the humid, hot summers of the eastern 2/3rds of the country. To be fair I can barely handle summers here but, would rather deal with this.

Old 09-17-2019, 12:57 AM

2,041 posts, read 1,520,876 times
I don't know why everyone is choosing San Antonio for climate. I am actually not familiar with San Antonio's climate. Does it get humid there? I've seen Vegas residents say the heat only gets borderline unbearable for maybe 3 months out of the year. Vegas also has mountains to visit and Lake Mead to swim in.

Old 09-21-2019, 08:41 PM

828 posts, read 647,527 times
Downtown: San Antonio
Walkability: As a tourist, arguably Vegas. As a resident, San Antonio.
Things to Do: Vegas
Recreation: Vegas
COL: San Antonio
Economy: San Antonio
Climate: Both are bad, but Vegas is somewhat worse
Scenery: Vegas
Restaurants: Vegas
Public Transit: Both are bad.
Suburbs: Unsure
Rather Live: San Antonio
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City