Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Atlanta or Dallas
Atlanta 71 68.27%
Dallas 33 31.73%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2019, 07:24 PM

666 posts, read 515,527 times

Advertisements

Yeah, you can get to bigger mountains faster from Atlanta but they're not part of every day life, i.e. they're not a 20 min drive. When you consider a 20 or 30 mile radius, terrain is both pretty flat with some "hilly" areas. I think DFW has more water/lakes.

Georgia doesn't have anything like the Hill Country with its winerys. But Texas doesn't have oceans as accessible.

I think we should stay away from things over an hour away as they're not immediate amenities accessible on a normal weekend.

DFW is considerably larger and there are many more options on different kinds of places to live. More large suburbs that all have their own personalities. Sure, ATL has the same but not near as many.

ATL definitely wins for sports arenas closer to the city though.

Dont get me wrong, I love Atlanta, but for me, the job opportunties are much better here and the airport accessibility is MUCH better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2019, 07:44 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,836,877 times
I feel claustrophobic in Atlanta with all the trees. I enjoy the cityscape of DFW better. I love being able to see the skylines from different elevations of the city. The Dallas area is considerably more wealthier then Metro Atlanta and that’s really not debatable.

Old 10-24-2019, 08:06 PM

749 posts, read 1,315,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfmx1 View Post
Georgia doesn't have anything like the Hill Country with its winerys. But Texas doesn't have oceans as accessible.
This is completely false. The north Georgia mountains beg to differ. You’re showing yourself here. Atlanta is more accessible to quality wine venues than Dallas. I honestly can’t believe this is the argument you’re making in regards to Dallas, which I’m a huge fan of.

Old 10-24-2019, 09:43 PM

597 posts, read 448,946 times
Atlanta. Access to the Applachian Mountains and the Atlantic Ocean. Better Climate, closer to friends and family.

Old 10-24-2019, 09:53 PM

3,332 posts, read 3,692,696 times
Filthy rich people wouldnt really pick either. While everyone here is arguing about Mtns, if someone was filthy rich, they'd buy a house in Aspen for that. This is like asking SF vs. NYC for a low income person with weird goal posts "inland sunbelt"...

Old 10-25-2019, 04:46 AM

20,514 posts, read 33,519,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebck120 View Post
Filthy rich people wouldnt really pick either. While everyone here is arguing about Mtns, if someone was filthy rich, they'd buy a house in Aspen for that. This is like asking SF vs. NYC for a low income person with weird goal posts "inland sunbelt"...
Would it hurt to just play along and not be all that technical about it?

Old 10-25-2019, 05:44 AM

1,186 posts, read 1,510,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Would it hurt to just play along and not be all that technical about it?
I’ll answer you and say yes, it would. For some, their only purpose is to derail threads. That’s why the moderators constantly delete his posts.

Old 10-25-2019, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinablue View Post
This is completely false. The north Georgia mountains beg to differ. You’re showing yourself here. Atlanta is more accessible to quality wine venues than Dallas. I honestly can’t believe this is the argument you’re making in regards to Dallas, which I’m a huge fan of.
People always forget or don’t know about Chateau Elan.

Old 10-25-2019, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
I feel claustrophobic in Atlanta with all the trees. I enjoy the cityscape of DFW better. I love being able to see the skylines from different elevations of the city. The Dallas area is considerably more wealthier then Metro Atlanta and that’s really not debatable.
But a fellow poster just said that filthy rich people wouldn’t choose either. But you and I both know that Dallas and Atlanta have their fair share of millionaire and billionaires, with Dallas having considerably more billionaires and a few more millionaires than Atlanta. So that statement must be untrue then, huh?

Old 10-25-2019, 06:49 AM

1,168 posts, read 776,357 times
I just want to point out the fact that, despite its lower elevation, Mt. Magazine in Arkansas is actually a little taller than Brasstown Bald, which is the tallest mountain in Georgia. Just want to squash the whole idea that there are no landscapes near DFW that can compete on any level with what GA has.

As others have said, the area that Atlanta really shines in is its forestation. Dallas is hardly barren, but the trees are shorter and it has obviously been subjected to a lot more clear cutting which destroyed much of the original woodland. ATL spares any tree they possibly can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City