Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2020, 06:51 AM

832 posts, read 1,254,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Chinatown in Boston has had 5/6 stabbed there’s since the month started. A Hyde Park teen was killed in Randolph

Boston 8 another man was killed in Dorchester. 7 of Boston’s 8 homicides in Dorchester this year.
Randolph is very safe bro... Are you talking about that Randolph city near Avon - Brockton?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2020, 06:53 AM

832 posts, read 1,254,842 times
Quote:
Idk if that’s possible Brockton hasn’t had less than 5 homicides in a king time. If you were there 7 years ago-they had 12 homicides in 2013 I believe.
I was there from September 2011 to July 1012, it only have 1 involuntary manslaughter (a deadly fight at the Lit bar)... But from july to December (when I left) it had 5 homicides

Old 02-21-2020, 07:03 AM

21,629 posts, read 12,754,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayo2k View Post
Randolph is very safe bro... Are you talking about that Randolph city near Avon - Brockton?
I never wanted to make Randolph seem unsafe-my point was to illustrate that Hyde Park has its share of shift residents. Randolph is safe compared to a city, but no -a good amount of crime arrest firearms drug dealing etc. it’s sort of cheap and undesirable for a reason. People get shot or there every few months generally but on paper yea it’s fine. It just had a lot of stuff you don’t see in most burbs in the Boston area.

This like this https://randolph.wickedlocal.com/new...nd-in-randolph 2 days ago a girl was kidnapped in a stolen car form Dorchester. She was found safe in Randolph but the thief wasn’t found.

Randolph Man pleaded guilty to federal gun charges https://www.enterprisenews.com/news/...-gun-charges/1

Shots fired in the highway in Randolph https://www.enterprisenews.com/news/...-gun-charges/1

man indicted in Randolph beating https://www.enterprisenews.com/news/...ndolph-beating

Randolph police seek shooter https://www.enterprisenews.com/news/...ch-for-shooter

Randolph gun charges https://www.enterprisenews.com/news/...-on-75000-bail

Last edited by BostonBornMassMade; 02-21-2020 at 07:18 AM..

Old 02-21-2020, 08:40 AM

7 of the 8 homicide victims in Bsoton have been under 21.

Homicide just came in. Dead body found outside of Roxbury housing project at 9 am, police investigating.

Boston 9

Old 02-21-2020, 08:46 AM

1,393 posts, read 860,647 times
Quote:
7 of the 8 homicide victims in Bsoton have been under 21.

Homicide just came in. Dead body found outside of Roxbury housing project at 9 am, police investigating.

Boston 9
Do you just read homicide reports all day? I swear some people on this blog actually want their cities to have higher rates..is this just me?

Old 02-21-2020, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne999 View Post
Do you just read homicide reports all day? I swear some people on this blog actually want their cities to have higher rates..is this just me?
this is the homicide thread...?

Old 02-21-2020, 09:40 AM

6,726 posts, read 6,724,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayo2k View Post
Already 44 for a 600k city?
Baltimore's not just #1 in homicide rate, it's usually #1 in robbery rate, and robbery is 20x more common than homicide, and hits a far wider share of the population. The robbery rate in Baltimore is 3x that of Newark, New Orleans, and DC. It's really not safe to be there.

Old 02-21-2020, 09:43 AM

1,393 posts, read 860,647 times
Quote:
this is the homicide thread...?
Understood..some people come across almost as boastful as opposed to appalled

Old 02-21-2020, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne999 View Post
Understood..some people come across almost as boastful as opposed to appalled
Some sure. I just try to be honest and accurate.

Boston does and has had a long-standing big issue with youth homicides -they make up a larger portion of homicides than most cities, even dangerous ones. But overall it is a pretty safe city, especially in most of its central areas, you don’t have to look watch your back in most of Boston or tip toe around hot spots. The city only has 9 homicides right now for 700k people. That’s good-look at DC for contrast.

The only place a typical visitor or suburban mass resident would come and visit Boston and feel any sense of danger would be the Downtown Crossing-Chinatown-Theatre District area and that's maybe half a square mile?

And Randolph is certainly safe, just not when compared to other burbs in Mass. and it has some issues.

I live in Baltimore, so I’m under no illusion Boston is a high crime city. But for a good chunk of people in a good chunk of the city.. and I’ll quote Boston rapper Cousin Stizz, “after dark you gotta stay inside” and “It don’t get ugly, but sh*t could happen”

Old 02-21-2020, 10:00 AM

6,726 posts, read 6,724,376 times
Interesting to note many low homicide West Coast cities have some of the highest larceny rates. Seattle, Portland, Vancouver BC, SF, Oakland all among leaders in larceny. (Vancouver would be top 10 if it was American)

Interestingly, LA and San Diego are not. Seems like it's the drug addicts driving this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City