Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2020, 08:54 PM

7,074 posts, read 12,342,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd433 View Post
Obviously you are not obligated to marry within your own race but I was just considering the earlier post that I believe was made by a black girl (I think) who pointed out that black men frequently overlook black women when they are looking for a wife. If the ratio is 10 to 1 which I think it might be. Then that would leave a lot of black women with no one to be their husband.
Now please dont get upset but I have been told (by other black guys) that one stereotype(stereotype not all of them) black women have is that they are tough and they dont put up with any crap. They can have an attitude also. Life can be more peaceful with someone from another race. I've known many black girls and in my opinion they got it tough, many or most are single mothers. I dont see a lot of people from another race going after them. Oh sure, of course the pretty one get attention from everyone. Who isnt going to want Tyra Banks or Ashanti or Halle Barry. I dont care what race you are. But that isnt the real world.
I've gotta ask.....Should black men avoid black albino women too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2020, 09:34 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,410,890 times
Default No but the black women need to open up

the women need to be more willing to go with someone from another race. Y'all are like isolated and never try to get with someone from antoher race. Quit counting on the black men. They have already failed y'all for the most part (Not All of them, a lot of them are decent). Y'all can get more dolled up too and go after a white dude or even asian or hispanic. Not like Arab or Indian though. That wouldn't work out Nor would going with a real African. That would be kinda weird. I dont know why y'all haven't figured that out already. Shoot all the black women have white blood in them anyway. Look if you have a good man then you wont need that tough attitude. I think that attitude is just a way to cope with difficult people that y'all learned. None of them other women have anything that you can't offer. Why do like 75% have to be single mothers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
I've gotta ask.....Should black men avoid black albino women too?

Old 01-30-2020, 10:34 PM

2,073 posts, read 1,641,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
I'm guessing they are, but I could be mistaken.
Hispanics are generally part European Spanish, Indigenous American, and West or North African. The latter is usually denied. Although heavily intermixed, Colonial Spain had a caste system based on skin color and degree of Spanish blood. The lighter-skinned, more Spanish people were higher up the hierarchy. Hence, a sociological pattern evolved known as "Blanqueamiento" or whitening of the race.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blanqueamiento

That pattern still happens. To be fair, many modern Hispanics are progressive and no longer practice the racist colorism of the old casta. But the pattern is still alive - it's just not as extreme as it used to be.

Old 01-31-2020, 04:51 PM

16,690 posts, read 29,506,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grad_student200 View Post
Hispanics are generally part European Spanish, Indigenous American, and West or North African. The latter is usually denied. Although heavily intermixed, Colonial Spain had a caste system based on skin color and degree of Spanish blood. The lighter-skinned, more Spanish people were higher up the hierarchy. Hence, a sociological pattern evolved known as "Blanqueamiento" or whitening of the race.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blanqueamiento

That pattern still happens. To be fair, many modern Hispanics are progressive and no longer practice the racist colorism of the old casta. But the pattern is still alive - it's just not as extreme as it used to be.
Did you understand what I was referencing?

Old 02-01-2020, 06:39 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,568,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
But, Hispanic is an ethnicity, not a race. If they are counting it a race, then your comment is well taken.
technically hispanic is not an ethnicity. there almost no cultural, heritage, traditions, genetics, ... common between hondurans and uraguay aside that their national language happens to be spanish.

Old 02-01-2020, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Let's be honest. That still happens today, but instead of threatening your daughter or son, you would slowly beat it into their heads over their childhood to choose a intra-racial partner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post
And that’s sad. I would think you’d have a harder time explaining your racist ways to your kid when they look around and see mixed couples everywhere? I’m white, as is my wife, but I dated many ethnicities and religions before settling down and not once did anyone in my family ever question it. I got an earful after the fact on more than one occasion about some of them, but it was never about skin color or beliefs.
i got similar indoctrination growing up. i'm haitian-american my cousin married an african-american. and because our parants want our kids learning french-kreyol and knowing food and culture they want us to marry haitian. but since his wife is african-american his kids are what we call zoe. my aunt didnt really talk to the wife until the first kid came.

Old 02-01-2020, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy205 View Post
When it comes to interracial relationships that involve black men, I automatically think of fetishes, some self-hate, and the degradation of black women. Alotta black men date outside the race for something “different” and then will go back to black women. It’s a crazy cycle. I’m all for loving whoever you genuinely love, but I hate to see black men degrade black women to date and uplift non-black women. Also, this is something that many in the black community won’t understand.
i find it weird if anyone dates only one type of person (if they are exposed to other types) out of some weird sense of allegiance.

i understand preferences but if all of your exes are carbon copys of each other.

Old 02-01-2020, 12:52 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,963,320 times
People should date who they want and I dont care.

Number of interatial couples are lower in Black and White metros. I've heard Black men in Atlanta say why would I date a White woman when there are so many gorgeous Black women.

Another thing to consider is the more Asian, Hispanic and Whites the more interracial marriages. Blacks tend to not marry outside of their race.

Yes, I do believe the op and the referenced material is accurate.

Old 02-01-2020, 06:26 PM

7,074 posts, read 12,342,588 times
In honor of this first day of Black History month and in honor of this thread; I respectfully would like to share the following.......

Martin Luther King's secret heartache and the white woman he could never marry

‘We Were Madly, Madly in Love’: The Untold Story of MLK’s White Girlfriend

Old 02-01-2020, 07:52 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,487,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
In honor of this first day of Black History month and in honor of this thread; I respectfully would like to share the following.......

Martin Luther King's secret heartache and the white woman he could never marry

‘We Were Madly, Madly in Love’: The Untold Story of MLK’s White Girlfriend
Very interesting. I never knew.

Things still arent perfect, but at least we've come a long way since then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City