Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Atlanta + Metro v. Philadelphia + Metro
Atlanta 55 42.97%
Philadelphia 73 57.03%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2020, 09:10 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,025,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Map Man View Post
Your comments show that you believe population growth is the best indicator of economic growth. Is that the point you've been trying to make?
My comments were in response to those who brought up population.I never brought it up.Talk to your Philly buddy who posted the same stats TWICE.
I mean you came late to the convo and if you have been following like you said you have you can see that I only responded when the topic came up.Dont bring the topic up if you dont wanna hear opposition

Old 02-25-2020, 10:41 PM

55 posts, read 35,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverOne View Post
I only responded when the topic came up.Dont bring the topic up if you dont wanna hear opposition
The topic of population growth was brought up by you.

I offered my 2 cents on the two cities, and stated my opinion - that in economic terms they "are a wash" because they are both growing at a healthy pace (again, see Real GDP growth).

I never brought up population growth, yet your next dozen or so replies cited population growth as the reason why ATL has better economic growth.

Old 02-25-2020, 11:12 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,025,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Map Man View Post
The topic of population growth was brought up by you.

I offered my 2 cents on the two cities, and stated my opinion - that in economic terms they "are a wash" because they are both growing at a healthy pace (again, see Real GDP growth).

I never brought up population growth, yet your next dozen or so replies cited population growth as the reason why ATL has better economic growth.
Quote:
My 2 cents:

- I am currently living in an inner-belt 'burb in Philly but have also lived in Pittsburgh, Harrisburg, Boston, and Toronto for perspective. I have never visited Atlanta or the surrounding
Quote:
Atlanta is riding a wave of development stemming from its ideal position in the sunbelt region, positive migration patterns, and is being driven by the transportation industry. Both are growing at a healthy clip.
Quote:
I have the perception of Atlanta being a hot spot for the music industry (maybe #2 behind Nashville?), and Philadelphia for it's cosmopolitan art scene. Neither have a hollywood presence (that I'm aware of), and both check the boxes for sports.
Quote:
- Education-wise, both have ample higher-ed options, with Atlanta's being a better bang-for-the-buck, and Philly's being more exclusive but un-affordable unless a scholarship is involved.
You mentioned it along with other topics I also addressed including Hollywood being nothing to brag about in neither city, but maybe since you made so many incorrect comments from your first post in the thread ,the only thing you could bring up is population as if I am the only one talking about it.

By the way like another clearly biased and uninformed poster who said something similar as you,Atlanta has many very exclusive higher education choice.
Emory University
Morehouse College
Agnes Scott College
Ogelthorpe University
Spelman College
Colombia Seminary School
Oxford College
All of which are exclusive ,un-affordable or both

It was brought up before you came into the thread LATE so spare me this fake impartiality you tried to hide in your post.
It clear you came for me instead of the person who brought it up initially and clearly you dont like what I had to say because again going back several pages you can see I answered every one you said something first.You lost cyour credibilty to even speak when half your first post was wrong.
And so what if I spoke about population?Whats your point? I guess you rather play blind like the other poster who claims I didnt post facts when I clearly did.Hey. Whatever helps you sleep

Old 02-26-2020, 05:41 AM

37,877 posts, read 41,910,477 times
Geesh...can we shut this thread down now?

Old 02-26-2020, 06:02 AM

240 posts, read 129,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
It's awful

Old 02-26-2020, 06:42 AM

2,539 posts, read 2,311,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverOne View Post
You mentioned it along with other topics I also addressed including Hollywood being nothing to brag about in neither city, but maybe since you made so many incorrect comments from your first post in the thread ,the only thing you could bring up is population as if I am the only one talking about it.

By the way like another clearly biased and uninformed poster who said something similar as you,Atlanta has many very exclusive higher education choice.
Emory University
Morehouse College
Agnes Scott College
Ogelthorpe University
Spelman College
Colombia Seminary School
Oxford College
All of which are exclusive ,un-affordable or both

It was brought up before you came into the thread LATE so spare me this fake impartiality you tried to hide in your post.
It clear you came for me instead of the person who brought it up initially and clearly you dont like what I had to say because again going back several pages you can see I answered every one you said something first.You lost cyour credibilty to even speak when half your first post was wrong.
And so what if I spoke about population?Whats your point? I guess you rather play blind like the other poster who claims I didnt post facts when I clearly did.Hey. Whatever helps you sleep

Clearly you are the person in the room who likes to shout the loudest. Thread is closed. Philadelphia won. Thank you.

Old 02-26-2020, 07:26 AM

4,980 posts, read 5,391,677 times
Every other post in this thread seems to be by a single poster.

If it takes that many posts to state your opinion...

Old 02-26-2020, 07:35 AM

9,679 posts, read 9,380,908 times
This whole thread...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6-7Fvb_OsDg

Old 02-26-2020, 07:40 AM

11,781 posts, read 7,995,430 times
I've basically only been skimming through this one. I don't know a great deal about Philadelphia but I cant help but feel that Atlanta's college / university system is being underestimated for what it offers especially comparable to price.

Old 02-26-2020, 08:05 AM

2,323 posts, read 1,559,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
This is tame compared with this one from 2009: Atlanta Vs Philly . C-D was about trash talk back then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City