Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2022, 10:19 AM

23 posts, read 32,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Prada declining? That’s a stretch.

The biggest criticism for Prada was their failure to grow their presence in North America. But they seem to be addressing that. Seeing the Houston Galleria location is getting renovated plus Austin, Phoenix and some others getting locations, I would say they’re kicking their expansion fairly well.

I agree with Valentino and Armani though.
Phoenix/Scottsdale has had a freestanding Prada store for over 10 years. The store at Scottsdale Fashion Square is just moving to a different, remodeled location in the mall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2022, 10:48 AM

9,380 posts, read 9,349,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Prada declining? That’s a stretch.

The biggest criticism for Prada was their failure to grow their presence in North America. But they seem to be addressing that. Seeing the Houston Galleria location is getting renovated plus Austin, Phoenix and some others getting locations, I would say they’re kicking their expansion fairly well.

I agree with Valentino and Armani though.
Agree. The brand struggled with an identity / legacy crisis for a bit, but it's a one of the worlds most prestigious brands, and the ongoing recovery is apparent.

Look what Daniel Lee did with Bottega Veneta. And look at Burberry, a total 180.

Niche luxury brands like Bottega can perform very well.

I don't consider Armani a "dying brand", but it's definitely needs more of a revamp (ongoing).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixthCoordinate View Post
Prada used to be really, really good. They failed to keep up with the momentum and their design just became too niche to be marketable. They are doing much better recently but still have some distance to go to reach its past prime.
Not always a bad thing. Per my above comment, Bottega Veneta is an extremely niche luxury brand performing very well.

Old 05-07-2022, 11:59 AM

9,905 posts, read 6,617,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPHX View Post
Phoenix/Scottsdale has had a freestanding Prada store for over 10 years. The store at Scottsdale Fashion Square is just moving to a different, remodeled location in the mall.
That’s still a big deal. The other titanes like Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Dior and Hermes have all renovated, expanded and added stores. Prada is just as big of a brand as that tier, they have just lagged in this department, particularly in North America.

Just like what you’re saying about Phoenix, in the Galleria, a new luxury wing opened and most of the existing higher end stores in the mall headed there. Prada being one of the only ones that didn’t. It stood in an awkward location there in comparison to the rest. Will be nice to see their future store in the Galleria, Phoenix and others they’ll follow with.

Old 05-08-2022, 06:55 PM

36,660 posts, read 67,564,755 times
I have a Prada crossbody bag that I use quite a bit, it's very cute. I like their handbags more than their apparel tbh.

Sacramento is getting a Gucci store at Roseville Galleria, which is small change in this thread, but very big for Sac.

Here are some other higher end retailers at the mall...
Boss
Coach
Gucci
Louis Vuitton
Saint Laurent
Tiffany & Co.

The mall website lists a brand called 'Indochino' that I havent heard of, but their clothes look interesting, like a contemporary, younger version of Brooks Brothers, prices are fair imo, but I digress. They have locations at high end shopping areas across the country too.

Old 05-08-2022, 07:05 PM

36,660 posts, read 67,564,755 times
Speaking of malls, Valley Fair in San Jose is the Bay Area's most upscale mall that no one outside of the Bay Area has ever heard of. LOL

They have added 100 retailers since 2020 and here is an excerpt from the press release they put out on May 6th.
Quote:
The completion of the center’s Luxury Collection - the largest of any shopping center in Northern California - featuring over 42 retailers. New-to-Valley-Fair retailers include Breitling, Panerai, IWC Schaffhausen, Jaeger-LeCoultre, Christian Dior, Christian Louboutin and Chanel Fragrance & Beauty, while retailers with recently-expanded footprints include Tiffany & Co., Versace, Montblanc, Cartier and Balenciaga.

The opening of innovative, first-of-their-kind in the US store concepts, including the first North American resort concept Bvlgari boutique, Cole Haan’s first US GRANDSHØP, and a flagship location of South Korean eyewear brand Gentle Monster - one of only three in the United States...
https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...0506005344/en/

Not bad San Jose.

Old 05-22-2022, 12:20 AM

23 posts, read 32,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Speaking of malls, Valley Fair in San Jose is the Bay Area's most upscale mall that no one outside of the Bay Area has ever heard of. LOL

They have added 100 retailers since 2020 and here is an excerpt from the press release they put out on May 6th.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...0506005344/en/

Not bad San Jose.
It's amazing how Valley Fair has grown. I went to Santa Clara University in late 1980 - early 1990s and Valley Fair was not that impressive. Nice to see San Jose/Santa Clara come into their own.

Back in Scottsdale, Fashion Square is getting a Dolce & Gabbana. This mall too has gone crazy. I am guessing that Hermès, Chanel, and Armani are holding out for The Palmeraie, but I think that they would be better off at Fashion Square. Who knows though?

Old 07-02-2022, 07:36 PM

44 posts, read 29,535 times
Bumping as there’s quite a bit of activity in Atlanta. Yet to be an official press release from Simon but they appear very determined to revamp Phipps Plaza’s roster of tenants. Their most recent signings thus far:

Alexander McQueen
Amiri
Brunello Cucinelli (relocating from Buckhead Village)
Byredo
Dior (relocating from Buckhead Village)
Hermes (relocating from Buckhead Village)

https://www.tonetoatl.com/2022/07/Al...-Buckhead.html

Elsewhere, Thom Browne is expanding in Boston, Lafayette 148 in Houston, and Goyard in Chicago. Saint Laurent is contemplating larger stores in productive markets.

Last edited by Living Colour; 07-02-2022 at 08:36 PM..

Old 07-02-2022, 07:50 PM

44 posts, read 29,535 times
Now the brand is leaning into its acceleration in the US by expanding its stores or relocating to larger locations in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Dallas and Atlanta. In Europe, a store set to open in 2023 on Paris’ famed Avenue Champs Élysées is set to be its biggest in the world.

https://www.businessoffashion.com/ar...on-powerhouse/ (Beware paywall)

Old 07-02-2022, 07:55 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,310,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Living Colour View Post
Now the brand is leaning into its acceleration in the US by expanding its stores or relocating to larger locations in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Dallas and Atlanta. In Europe, a store set to open in 2023 on Paris’ famed Avenue Champs Élysées is set to be its biggest in the world.

https://www.businessoffashion.com/ar...on-powerhouse/ (Beware paywall)
Saint Laurent relocated to a larger Dallas store not too long ago. I wonder if they are looking for an even larger space.

Old 07-02-2022, 07:57 PM

3,198 posts, read 2,665,480 times
I won't be surprised if Montreal starts to get discussed here soon. There's already a lot of local high end shops and stuff you won't find elsewhere along with trend setting brands. But with Royalmount mall being close to completion, which will bring nearly 200 stores and close to 1M sq ft, about 50% will be new to market. It'll be all luxury and some partners behind the Miami Design District are involved in the project.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City