Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2022, 04:29 PM

9,889 posts, read 6,589,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living Colour View Post
Isabel Marant commences US expansion with New York flagship, planned stores in Chicago, Atlanta and Houston.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...040133965.html
I wonder if Austin will ever be a solid competitor to Houston and Dallas. It seems impossible right now but things can change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2022, 04:32 PM

552 posts, read 408,756 times
Celine is opening a pretty good sized store in Chicago on Rush near the Waldorf.

https://therealdeal.com/chicago/2022...ping-district/

Old 07-21-2022, 05:40 PM

20,515 posts, read 33,540,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
I wonder if Austin will ever be a solid competitor to Houston and Dallas. It seems impossible right now but things can change.
Texas is lucky to have two cities that can support luxury shopping. Having a third would be very difficult. But if Austin can support it, I can’t see why not.

Old 07-21-2022, 05:52 PM

7,409 posts, read 6,550,878 times
Patek Philippe opened a new flagship store at Miami Design District the other month becoming just the second standalone boutique (LA the only other city) for this exclusive brand in the US:

https://robbreport.com/style/watch-c...234679127/amp/

Last edited by elchevere; 07-21-2022 at 06:04 PM..

Old 07-21-2022, 06:10 PM

9,889 posts, read 6,589,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
Patek Philippe opened a new flagship store at Miami Design District the other month becoming just the second standalone boutique (LA the only other city) for this exclusive brand in the US:

Very nice. Patek Phillipe is very limited in USA. Most of their stores here are licensed. I wonder why.

Old 07-21-2022, 06:43 PM

497 posts, read 352,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post

This is big. Patek Philippe used to only work with authorized retailers.

Old 07-21-2022, 06:46 PM

497 posts, read 352,105 times
French skincare brand Biologique Recherche, which used to exclusively sell through SPAs, is opening a standalone store+SPA in LA. LA is attracting a lot of attention recently, opening many 1st stores in the US

https://us.fashionnetwork.com/news/B...r,1422111.html

Old 07-21-2022, 08:20 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,303,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Austin has definitely expanded it's presence in the luxury market in recent years. I don't think it will be on a Dallas or Houston level in our lifetime, but never say never.

Old 07-22-2022, 02:16 AM

325 posts, read 204,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Texas is lucky to have two cities that can support luxury shopping. Having a third would be very difficult. But if Austin can support it, I can’t see why not.
Ehh, I think all 4 can support it to a degree. San Antonio has a standalone Louis Vuitton and a 2nd at Nordstrom at North Star Mall/Tiffanys/Rolex/Carolina Herrera/Saks/Neiman Marcus. Standalone Gucci and Chanel are under construction. Austin is about the same minus Saks but they have a Hermes U/C (unless that already opened)

San Marcos (halfway between SA + Austin) has Gucci, Prada, Jimmy Choo, MCM, Valentino, Ferragamo, Saint Laurent, Versace.

If any of the more upscale brands that you can find in Dallas/Houston (Cartier, Tom Ford, Louboutin, Dior, Celine, Alexander McQueen, Loro Piana, etc) are gonna come, my bet would be they'd go in San Marcos too and play off both markets.

Old 07-22-2022, 04:51 AM

14,174 posts, read 9,064,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yadigggski View Post
Ehh, I think all 4 can support it to a degree. San Antonio has a standalone Louis Vuitton and a 2nd at Nordstrom at North Star Mall/Tiffanys/Rolex/Carolina Herrera/Saks/Neiman Marcus. Standalone Gucci and Chanel are under construction. Austin is about the same minus Saks but they have a Hermes U/C (unless that already opened)

San Marcos (halfway between SA + Austin) has Gucci, Prada, Jimmy Choo, MCM, Valentino, Ferragamo, Saint Laurent, Versace.

If any of the more upscale brands that you can find in Dallas/Houston (Cartier, Tom Ford, Louboutin, Dior, Celine, Alexander McQueen, Loro Piana, etc) are gonna come, my bet would be they'd go in San Marcos too and play off both markets.
Amarillo and El Paso not big enough? (I'm pretty sure Beaumont/Port Arthur, Corpus Christi, Laredo, Lubbock and Wichita Falls aren't.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City