Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2022, 07:13 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,296,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Other new/recent in HOU:

Zimmermann finally opened in ROD after long Covid
Woodlands Town Center getting a Gucci and Breitling
Dior opening a second boutique
Prada currently undergoing renovations in the Galleria

Woodlands Town Center and Plano Legacy West seem to have an identical store lineup. Are they managed by the same group?
Where will Prada be? I know the spot where it was previously located is slotted for Dior.

Do you think Dior will do what Moncler did and ultimately leave ROD?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2022, 12:15 AM

23 posts, read 32,102 times
ParaguaneroSwag - I know you are interested in progress on The Palmeraie. Here's a recent addition to the team. He appears to be pretty high profile.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ce175ZUlrZ5/
Drumroll, please! Five Star Development is pleased to announce the appointment of well-regarded, international marketing executive Riccardo Vannetti as the chief brand and digital transformation officer for @ThePalmeraieScottsdale. Hailing from the luxury fashion house of @Ferragamo, Vannetti’s illustrious background providing strategic marketing support to some of the world’s premier fashion designers will lend perfectly to his new role, where he will be tasked with leading the marketing, communication and branding vision for the $2 billion, 122-acre luxury shopping, dining and entertainment destination. Learn more at the link in our bio.

Unfortunately I think retailers have grown tired of waiting for The Palmeraie as Hermès just announced it is opening an 11.000-square-foot store in Scottsdale Fashion Square:
https://wwd.com/business-news/retail...na-1235304086/

It seems like a pretty big store.

Gucci Men is also opening at Fashion Square, and Saint Laurent is expanding into a larger space. I also heard from a SA at Neiman Marcus that Van Cleef & Arpels is opening a boutique in the Neiman Marcus store. So Balenciaga just opened, and Brunello Cucinelli, Dolce & Gabanna, and Louis Vuitton Mens are on their way. Lots of activity in Phoenix/Scottsdale.

Old 08-29-2022, 07:23 AM

9,377 posts, read 9,319,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixthCoordinate View Post
The new Gucci store is in DT Detroit
Yup, exciting to see. I hope it does well, but not sure if that area is ready for a Gucci.
John Varvatos closed their downtown Detroit store during the pandemic.

Old 08-29-2022, 05:13 PM

496 posts, read 350,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Yup, exciting to see. I hope it does well, but not sure if that area is ready for a Gucci.
John Varvatos closed their downtown Detroit store during the pandemic.
Yeah totally agree. Although it has been booming, still not sure if it's currently ready for Gucci.

Old 08-29-2022, 05:47 PM

1,299 posts, read 1,275,362 times
Quote:
Yeah totally agree. Although it has been booming, still not sure if it's currently ready for Gucci.
Detroit is one of the flashiest cities in the states regardless of economy. Though people on this board would scoff at it, Detroit has a very flashy underground street money culture that could keep a Gucci store thriving without the official elite suburban class.

Old 08-31-2022, 05:24 PM

13,727 posts, read 15,736,928 times
Omega is opening a store in downtown DC at 1143 Connecticut Avenue NW.

Old 09-01-2022, 01:58 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Sadly, in late 2020, the "destination" for most all luxury shopping is the computer. LOL

I'd rank them like this--

10 Seattle
9 Atlanta
8 Dallas
7 Boston
6 Honolulu
5 Chicago
4 Miami
3 San Francisco
2 Los Angeles
1 New York
I would substitute Bellevue for Seattle. I work in Seattle near downtown and the shopping areas are all but abandoned, with the crime and homeless problems. Bellevue has taken over as the "destination" high-end shopping city in the Pacific Northwest, with 3 separate malls within a short walk:

Bellevue Square, Lincoln Square, Bellevue Place

https://bellevuecollection.com/

Old 09-01-2022, 02:17 PM

810 posts, read 2,160,708 times
Quote:
The new Gucci store is in DT Detroit
yup, or at least a new Gucci store: https://www.dbusiness.com/daily-news...t-of-downtown/

Old 09-04-2022, 12:38 AM

5,864 posts, read 15,234,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
I would substitute Bellevue for Seattle. I work in Seattle near downtown and the shopping areas are all but abandoned, with the crime and homeless problems. Bellevue has taken over as the "destination" high-end shopping city in the Pacific Northwest, with 3 separate malls within a short walk:

Bellevue Square, Lincoln Square, Bellevue Place

https://bellevuecollection.com/
I would still give downtown Seattle the edge. Bellevue Square is the only one in Bellevue I would take seriously. And honestly it's not that upscale. Do Bellevue and eastside residents even shop in highend retail? Neiman Marcus closing and the whole Bravern complex went downhill fast.

Old 09-07-2022, 05:10 PM

44 posts, read 29,346 times
Philipp Plein reopens in Aventura, scouting stores in Houston, Costa Mesa, Soho (New York), and Canada

https://todayschronic.com/philipp-pl...-boutique-wwd/ (free)
https://wwd.com/fashion-news/designe...ue-1235309566/ (paywall)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City