Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2021, 03:23 AM

10,749 posts, read 23,813,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I visited a Smithsonian Museum in 2019 (I won't say which one) and was very disappointed with how politicized everything was. It kind of got me disillusioned with the whole system. Even though I have no real interest in stamp collecting, I'd probably go with the Postal Museum as I would guess its exhibits have less potential to be politically exploited.

Antigua Guatemala, Guatemala or the island of Antigua (of Antigua & Barbuda)?
The island of Antigua, would prefer the beach.

San Juan, Puerto Rico or Barbados?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2021, 02:46 PM

409 posts, read 333,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ le monstre du lac View Post
The island of Antigua, would prefer the beach.

San Juan, Puerto Rico or Barbados?
Barbados. The beaches look more pristine & calmer.

Marseille, France or Rotterdam, Netherlands?

Old 05-16-2021, 07:51 AM

3,444 posts, read 3,372,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDfinest View Post
Barbados. The beaches look more pristine & calmer.

Marseille, France or Rotterdam, Netherlands?
Rotterdam, since I went to the Netherlands once and liked that country. I never got over to Rotterdam however, and would like to see that city myself.

Mexico City, or Vancouver, BC?

Old 05-17-2021, 10:52 AM

13,611 posts, read 7,927,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Mexico City, or Vancouver, BC?
Mexico City. I find Mexico fascinating and there's so much to see in Mexico City, I would hardly know where to begin.

Speaking of Mexico:

Sayulita, Nayarit, Mexico or Boothbay Harbor, Maine?

Old 05-31-2021, 06:45 AM

1,802 posts, read 1,952,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Mexico City. I find Mexico fascinating and there's so much to see in Mexico City, I would hardly know where to begin.

Speaking of Mexico:

Sayulita, Nayarit, Mexico or Boothbay Harbor, Maine?
Boothbay Harbor. If I visit Mexico, I'd rather see an actual city with culture instead of just a bunch of resorts with a beach. And for the next several months, Boothbay Harbor sounds appealing to me. The town itself has an aquarium, botanic garden, and a more interesting coastal geography with quite a few bays/inlets as opposed to a flat coast. If I wanted sandy beaches/culture, I'm not too far from Portland as well as the York County beaches.

It's that time of year, so let's unofficially kick off beach season in the Northeast with these legacy giants:

Atlantic City, NJ vs. Coney Island/Brighton Beach, Brooklyn, NY

Old 05-31-2021, 02:41 PM

14 posts, read 19,882 times
Steamboat Springs or Aspen in summer?

Old 05-31-2021, 06:12 PM

2,543 posts, read 2,863,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borntoolate85 View Post
Boothbay Harbor. If I visit Mexico, I'd rather see an actual city with culture instead of just a bunch of resorts with a beach. And for the next several months, Boothbay Harbor sounds appealing to me. The town itself has an aquarium, botanic garden, and a more interesting coastal geography with quite a few bays/inlets as opposed to a flat coast. If I wanted sandy beaches/culture, I'm not too far from Portland as well as the York County beaches.

It's that time of year, so let's unofficially kick off beach season in the Northeast with these legacy giants:

Atlantic City, NJ vs. Coney Island/Brighton Beach, Brooklyn, NY
Atlantic City... I've been to CI/BB before and I've never had reason to stay for more than a few hours. AC has a greater variety of attractions on top of its own beaches/boardwalk.

Memphis, TN or Baltimore, MD?

Old 05-31-2021, 07:35 PM

13,611 posts, read 7,927,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Memphis, TN or Baltimore, MD?
I place a high importance on local food when choosing a destination. Both of these are great food cities and great destinations overall, but I'm going with Memphis. I already get great seafood here on the Gulf Coast (not so much crabs, though; which makes this close). I want some Memphis dry rub, and I'm also interested in the rock and roll/blues history and checking out Beale Street.

This one was missed a few posts up:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gleyrer View Post

Old 05-31-2021, 08:55 PM

3,444 posts, read 3,372,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gleyrer View Post
Steamboat Springs. Since to me I wouldn't mind vacationing that area, which IMO sometimes gets overlooked as a vacation spot. And to me, I had always wanted to road trip on that whole US 40 corridor, including to Dinosaur National Monument and northeast Utah. I'd rather go to Aspen during the winter, when I could ski there.

Denali National Park (Alaska, what used to be Mt. McKinley btw), or Glacier National Park(Montana)?

Old 05-31-2021, 10:25 PM

2,337 posts, read 2,286,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Steamboat Springs. Since to me I wouldn't mind vacationing that area, which IMO sometimes gets overlooked as a vacation spot. And to me, I had always wanted to road trip on that whole US 40 corridor, including to Dinosaur National Monument and northeast Utah. I'd rather go to Aspen during the winter, when I could ski there.

Denali National Park (Alaska, what used to be Mt. McKinley btw), or Glacier National Park(Montana)?
Glacier NP for sure. It's the most scenic national park I've visited in the US. I've not been to Denali, but it isn't high on my list to visit either. Plus, it's so far relative to Montana.

Big Sur, CA or Cannon Beach, OR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City