Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city has better nightlife?
Atlanta 53 73.61%
San Diego 19 26.39%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2021, 10:17 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,969,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Wow. I know quite a few people would prefer SD over Atlanta....especially if COL isn't a factor. Tiers be damned.
And let me guess, none of these people have ever been to Atlanta - correct? All they need to hear is San Diego, and they just assume.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2021, 10:26 PM

11,861 posts, read 8,097,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Perhaps the person is looking to move to either city. Crazy huh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Wow. I know quite a few people would prefer SD over Atlanta....especially if COL isn't a factor. Tiers be damned.
Its just weird, not long ago it was compared to Fargo ND... I mean seriously...

Old 01-17-2021, 10:51 PM

2,309 posts, read 1,726,413 times
I've heard that Atlanta's nightlife has gotten much worse over the last 20 years or so. That it was great in the 90s and early 2000s but has become a lot more tame recently due to increasing regulations. Is there any truth to that?

Old 01-18-2021, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_Adultman View Post
I've heard that Atlanta's nightlife has gotten much worse over the last 20 years or so. That it was great in the 90s and early 2000s but has become a lot more tame recently due to increasing regulations. Is there any truth to that?
Yes. We no longer have 24 hour licenses here, so not nearly as wild as back then. Backstreet is still missed by many.

Old 01-18-2021, 06:31 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,647,102 times
Never been to San Diego but I've watched a couple of youtube videos and neighborhoods like Gaslamp District/ Little Italy and a couple of other neighborhoods/districts seem like they had a good amount of nightlife going on. Misleading YT content?

Old 01-18-2021, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
Never been to San Diego but I've watched a couple of youtube videos and neighborhoods like Gaslamp District/ Little Italy and a couple of other neighborhoods/districts seem like they had a good amount of nightlife going on. Misleading YT content?
It's all true, with Little Italy being the coolest and my favorite. Gaslamp is a little too douchy bro for me, and very tourist dominated.

They have a great brewpub scene, and they are literally everywhere in the city.

Old 01-18-2021, 07:01 AM

1,798 posts, read 1,130,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
It's all true, with Little Italy being the coolest and my favorite. Gaslamp is a little too douchy bro for me, and very tourist dominated.

They have a great brewpub scene, and they are literally everywhere in the city.
As someone who generally could not care less for "nightlife", San Diego works well for me. Beautiful sunset, wine/beer, 60-degree weather, maybe a fire pit, friends, music...that does it for me.

Although I definitely love the late night drinking in the south when the humidity keeps the temps moderate and the beer tastes oh so good...

Old 01-18-2021, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgensandiego View Post
As someone who generally could not care less for "nightlife", San Diego works well for me. Beautiful sunset, wine/beer, 60-degree weather, maybe a fire pit, friends, music...that does it for me.

Although I definitely love the late night drinking in the south when the humidity keeps the temps moderate and the beer tastes oh so good...
Pre-COVID I always stayed in Sorrento Mesa, our office was out there before we gave back our space. Karl Strauss and Gravity Heights were all it took to keep me happy!

Old 01-18-2021, 09:04 AM

3,733 posts, read 2,905,408 times
Not sure this is a fair comparison. People don't go to San Diego for the night life.

Old 01-18-2021, 09:07 AM

6,604 posts, read 12,105,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_Adultman View Post
At the same time San Diego's Gaslamp District isn't what it used to be around that same time either. I used to think Gaslamp and the former Buckhead Village were similar, but maybe a slight edge to Buckhead for the liveliness, number of bars and clubs, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City