Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2024, 06:16 PM

9,930 posts, read 6,643,685 times

Advertisements

Thinking of spending a long (month and a half or so) summer somewhere as I usually do. Here’s what I’m thinking

Miami - My favorite place to visit. Have friends and family and have never had a dull trip to Miami. This would be the “safe route”

Chicago - Spent some time there growing up. But didn’t visit much as an adult besides a Lollapalooza trip.

Tucson - never been to Arizona. Have some very good friends in Tucson though. And would love to check out the desert state. Since I’ve never been in Arizona at all, this would be the most adventurous route.

Cleveland - I’ve been to Cincy and Columbus. I don’t exactly love Ohio but don’t hate it either. But I have yet to go to Cleveland and I can finally see this side of Ohio. Unlike the other 3, I don’t know anyone personally that lives in there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2024, 06:28 PM

11,848 posts, read 8,059,662 times
Hard choice between Miami and Chicago but I would probably do Miami.. ..I think you would be happy with seeing Cleveland for about 3 days then you'll get bored.

Old 05-02-2024, 06:40 PM

848 posts, read 462,477 times
Chicago would be a good one. Good summer weather and it’s very active around this time of year. It would be very fun.

Old 05-02-2024, 06:49 PM

7,416 posts, read 6,579,347 times
Summer?…even I think Chicago would be the better choice.

Summer is when I travel to break up the Miami summer—but if you think there is a chance you might relocate to Miami at some point then it might make sense to spend a month and a half here during that period to check it out for a, presumably, extended visit. It is less crowded, though still fun (if not hot with daily, passing thunderstorms).

Old 05-02-2024, 06:58 PM

9,930 posts, read 6,643,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
Summer?…even I think Chicago would be the better choice.

Summer is when I travel to break up the Miami summer—but if you think there is a chance you might relocate to Miami at some point then it might make sense to spend a month and a half here during that period to check it out for a, presumably, extended visit. It is less crowded, though still fun (if not hot with daily, passing thunderstorms).
Last time I was in Miami for a long period (over 3 months), I stayed through June so I checked this box already. I have no plans to relocate to Miami although I wouldn’t be opposed to it either

What would the busy season in Miami be? Because a lot of big events happen in Miami over the summer. Many that I didn’t even know where there

Old 05-02-2024, 06:58 PM

17,281 posts, read 15,476,500 times
Miami isn’t the greatest in the summer. HOT and muggy, and massive, daily thunderstorms (aka mini hurricanes.) Although it’s certainly much better than most other parts of Florida.

Arizona would be nice for a short visit, but again, the scorching heat might be overbearing for that lengthy of a trip.

Old 05-02-2024, 07:00 PM

1,742 posts, read 1,037,253 times
I could fill up my itinerary very quickly in Chicago... so much to do there... museums, Cubs games, etc.

Do you golf? Tucson has some great courses and Phoenix is not too far away. Since you've never been that could be an option.

Old 05-02-2024, 07:02 PM

17,281 posts, read 15,476,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJac View Post
I could fill up my itinerary very quickly in Chicago... so much to do there... museums, Cubs games, etc.

Do you golf? Tucson has some great courses and Phoenix is not too far away. Since you've never been that could be an option.
Add to that Scottsdale, one of the most gorgeous cities I have seen in this country.

7,416 posts, read 6,579,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Last time I was in Miami for a long period (over 3 months), I stayed through June so I checked this box already. I have no plans to relocate to Miami although I wouldn’t be opposed to it either
Guess it depends which month in summer… June can be bad or tolerable but is not the “worst” summer month.

August is generally the worst month. Last year was odd—it got real hot earlier than usual, starting in mid May that lasted through the end of August. September and even October can remain hot (and hurricane season, though not guaranteed, lasts until November 1) but those two months last year were better than the previous 6 years I’ve lived here.

I’m either in Brazil or California in August to break up summer here.

Last edited by elchevere; 05-02-2024 at 07:16 PM..

4,393 posts, read 4,636,648 times
Chicago>Miami>Cleveland>Tucson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City