Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Mega City Skyline is your favorite?
Chicago 149 41.39%
New York 211 58.61%
Voters: 360. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 09:05 PM

734 posts, read 2,053,180 times

Advertisements

lol. Now that the poll isn't for NYC, polls don't matter. Priceless.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:13 PM

464 posts, read 1,079,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasS6 View Post
lol. Now that the poll isn't for NYC, polls don't matter. Priceless.
Wait till you hear all the conspiracies they've already come up with.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:13 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,089,126 times
Aight whatever you got the message. You can believe what you wanna believe. I dont know dementor from adam. He was getting at ya chicago dudes by himself why would he need to create an extra account, what? just for some losers who think a little to highly of their city. For some losers that have to cheat to win come on homie lol. If its that serious you can have it

Chicago has a better skyline. Its a billion times better than New York. Cuz ya got like eight Empire State Buildngs. Ya got like ten chrysler buildings and atleast four woolworths. I wish new york city could be as great as chicagos. There u happy

Old 04-13-2009, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Aight whatever you got the message. You can believe what you wanna believe. I dont know dementor from adam. He was getting at ya chicago dudes by himself why would he need to create an extra account, what? just for some losers who think a little to highly of their city. For some losers that have to cheat to win come on homie lol. If its that serious you can have it

Chicago has a better skyline. Its a billion times better than New York. Cuz ya got like eight Empire State Buildngs. Ya got like ten chrysler buildings and atleast four woolworths. I wish new york city could be as great as chicagos. There u happy
LMAO!!!! Omg is this a joke? You went from being into this stuff to a thug? Your personality changed completely. Whatever Dementor, say what you want, we know who you are. You haven't taken on anyone by yourself. You've been destroyed by everyone on this forum. Notice you're the one switching to accounts to still keep up the fight. I bet you stuffed the ballots for NYC a LOOOOONG time ago.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:21 PM

You went from talking like this:

Quote:
african americans from new york have accents that are completely alien to african americans elsewhere. No southern influence what so ever. I would describe it a slightly toned down italian-esque mixed with hip hop kinda accent. I should know i have it

To talking like this:

Quote:

Old 04-13-2009, 09:23 PM

lol my dude what are you talking about. New york loses to chicago when?. Even if it did i bet ny beats chicago waay more times than it beat new york. New yorks skyline is like 6 times the size of chicago. It has 4000 more skyscrapers, 4000 buildings more diverse. No skyline in the world has the COLLECTION OF CLASSICS that new york has. No skyline has the combo of quantity and quality new york has. Not HONG KONG,SHANGHAI or CHICAGO

I dont have a beef with chicago. But at the same time chicago needs to stay in its place. Its a world class city but when it starts saying its better than new york, we have a problem

^ STILL STANDS

LOL im not Dementor. Stop accusing me of being another person. Ima leave it at that

Old 04-13-2009, 09:24 PM

633 posts, read 1,442,068 times
Diagrams - SkyscraperPage.com

By my count, Chicago has four Empire State Buildings (Sears Tower, Trump Int'l Hotel & Tower, Hancock, and Standard Oil Building), three Chrysler Buildings (2 Pru, AT&T Corporate Center, 311 South Wacker), and six Woolworths (Pittsfield Building, Chicago Title and Trust Building, Wrigley Building, Tribune Tower, Park Hyatt, and the Elysian).

So I guess you're right.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:35 PM

1,624 posts, read 3,290,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spire View Post
LMAO!!!! Omg is this a joke? You went from being into this stuff to a thug? Your personality changed completely. Whatever Dementor, say what you want, we know who you are. You haven't taken on anyone by yourself. You've been destroyed by everyone on this forum. Notice you're the one switching to accounts to still keep up the fight. I bet you stuffed the ballots for NYC a LOOOOONG time ago.

Wow. All that corn finally caused bran damage...

Old 04-13-2009, 09:36 PM

Wow your looking up my post now, from........... other threads at that. What are u conducting an investigation ? We got Columbo over here!! lol. Wow csi, law and order an sh.t lmao

Chitown- You only proved what eveybody from new york is trying to say. Who knows any of those buildings u named. WHO!?. None of those buildings are as good as the empire state building, chrysler, or woolworth lol. You can combine the fame and glory of ALL those buildings and it still wouldnt equal the Empire State Building. So at the end of the day what are u really doing?

Old 04-13-2009, 09:39 PM

734 posts, read 2,053,180 times
It doesn't matter who can name them- why would it? All that matters is that you can see them in the skyline and what you see looks good- many people believe that what they see when they look at Chicago's is better than New York's. Many, many people. Why is that so hard for you to take? Why do you guys have to cry about that fact for 144 pages?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City