Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which state would you rather live in?
New Jersey 73 57.48%
South Carolina 54 42.52%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 06:40 PM

73 posts, read 174,416 times

Advertisements

South Carolina HANDS DOWN
less traffic, less people in general, cheaper houses & cost of living, rich history (not that NJ isn't), great beaches where people don't pick fights with you on the boardwalk, great fishing...thats all so far

Old 02-26-2009, 07:18 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,961,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazmlp View Post
great beaches where people don't pick fights with you on the boardwalk
Yes................... Because Seaside is indicative of the ENTIRE New Jersey coastline.
I hate all of the fights I get into at Cape May!

Old 02-26-2009, 11:24 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,031,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
what about anything italian?

have you ever heard of pizza? they produce the best in the us

you wouldnt understand that because your use to dominos and pizza hut
Ive actually had Yankee pizza...and hated it. That crunchy crust stuff is awful...

Quote:
You hear people crow about the beautiful women in the Carolinas?

Are you serious?

I have never heard anyone come to SC and say that they liked the women in SC... atleast people that are not from the south
The South has (to my count) 22 Miss America winners. I see only ONE from NJ. There's got to be a reason...

List of Miss America titleholders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
I know a lot of people that have moved hear from Buffalo, NJ, Philly, Boston, Atlanta, Miami, LA.... the only thing I ever heard about the women in SC from them was making fun of how outdated they dress
Then you've got some very shallow friends. There's more to people than just their clothes. Might help these people to learn that.

Old 02-26-2009, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
The South has (to my count) 22 Miss America winners. I see only ONE from NJ. There's got to be a reason...

Then you've got some very shallow friends. There's more to people than just their clothes. Might help these people to learn that.
There's something very hypocritical in the fundamental message of these two statements................. Yet they came from the same source, in the same post.
Quite curious.
Anything to win, I guess.

Old 02-26-2009, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
There's something very hypocritical in the fundamental message of these two statements................. Yet they came from the same source, in the same post.
Quite curious.
Anything to win, I guess.
I think your translation of the "fundamental message" is skewed.

The first was to prove a point, since the tone of his post seemed to suggest that the ladies down here resemble Shrek.

The second was based on my original thought that if his friends are judging all of the women on the street based entirely on their "outdated" attire, then it makes me wonder if they do that with everyone.

The main intention, though, was that we're not all beauty queens here on the outside...but we've produced quite a few of 'em that are!

Old 02-27-2009, 12:00 AM

Quote:
I think your translation of the "fundamental message" is skewed.

The first was to prove a point, since the tone of his post seemed to suggest that the ladies down here resemble Shrek.

The second was based on my original thought that if his friends are judging all of the women on the street based entirely on their "outdated" attire, then it makes me wonder if they do that with everyone.

The main intention, though, was that we're not all beauty queens here on the outside...but we've produced quite a few of 'em that are!
If you say so..........................

Old 02-27-2009, 12:02 AM

Quote:
If you say so..........................
I do, dahlin, I do.

Old 02-27-2009, 12:11 AM

Quote:
I do, dahlin, I do.
Wow. you are just proving my point.
NJ does not feel the need to insult, reinforce stereotypes or introduce lame "wins" like miss America (really? You said "the south". I don't know how that equates to SC in particular, but....)
I'm shaking my head............
Don't embarrass your state.

Old 02-27-2009, 12:13 AM

2,057 posts, read 5,491,698 times
Quote:
Ive actually had Yankee pizza...and hated it. That crunchy crust stuff is awful...

List of Miss America titleholders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1. If you dont like "yankee pizza" then you are also the same type of person that enjoys The Olive Garden. Pizza Hut/Papa Johns/The Olive Garden are not REAL italian food.... its americanized

2. First off this is not a south vs. north thread.... its NJ vs. SC.
NJ has two in 1937 & 1984
SC has two in 1957 & 1994

Remember Miss Teen USA SC in 2007..... look it up on youtube

3. There is more to people than there clothes..... I agree. But, if I am not attracted to a person on the outside then I dont care to know there inside

I will stick with what I wear.... Dolce & Gabbana, Rock and Republic, Armani Exchange, True Religion, Diesel, Ed Hardy, etc any day over what people wear in SC....... which is boat shoes, rainbow flip flops, carolina girls best in the world tshirts, and croakies (the cheesy looking sunglasses straps)

NYC is the fashion capital of the world.... NYC influences the whole state of NJ on everything including fashion

Last edited by NYC1DAY; 02-27-2009 at 12:26 AM..

Old 02-27-2009, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Wow. you are just proving my point.
NJ does not feel the need to insult, reinforce stereotypes or introduce lame "wins" like miss America (really?)
I'm shaking my head............
Don't embarrass your state.
Awfully nit-picky, arent you? Where on earth did I insult you?..Oh here's the answer! I didnt. If I had you'd have known it immediately.

Dahlin was a joke. You know...ha.ha. Meant for a chuckle. Hence the smiley.

What would you have used to prove that the women here dont look as unfortunate as was implied? Hmm?? Educate me on what I could have better used to illustrate my point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City