Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Arena is better, LA Staples center or NY Great MSG?
Staples Center 115 53.00%
MSG(Madison Square Garden) 102 47.00%
Voters: 217. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 04:13 AM

3,003 posts, read 6,089,126 times

Advertisements

Ya lets not kid ourselves its obvious the staples center is going to "look" better than msg.Hell im older than the staples center. MSG has something the staple center doesnt have and thats unmatchable history
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 04:27 AM

1,694 posts, read 5,680,051 times
Let's not kid ourselves if the staples center was in NY and the MSG in LA with LA having the history and NY having the flashy modern stadium than staples center would be the favorite.

Old 03-17-2009, 04:33 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,378,548 times
MSG, my God, this is not even close. MSG, site of Ali-Frazier I (Fight of the Century)

The Staples Center is for larks.

Old 03-17-2009, 05:53 AM

504 posts, read 1,579,093 times
There is a reason why MSG is the world's most famous arena. So much history from Willis Reed coming out on the court and setting the tone for the Game Seven win over the Lakers back in the day to John Starks dunking over Michael and Horrace during game two of the Conference Finals. Even the boxing matches were historic.

Old 03-17-2009, 08:04 AM

1,990 posts, read 7,632,486 times
A lot of things that happend in the Garden is historic. Hell, I can remember when Jordan came back from his first retirement, he dropped 55 on the Knicks. Or when Miller hit thoese two 3 pointers in about 7 seconds.

Also, I'm young, but I remember when older rock fans told me about how Led Zeppelin ROCKED the place back in 73. I just wish I could of seen the Ali-Fraizer fight.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:31 AM

18,980 posts, read 32,634,523 times
I've never been to MSG but I'll be there in August for a Depeche Mode concert while visiting New York, so I'll see what the hype is about. From the pictures of the seat viewer I saw online, it looks much smaller inside than Staples. Staples Center is HUGE inside, its the tallest and largest arena I've been to. But the problem with that is the upper level seats are really high up b/c there are like 2 or 3 levels of luxury suites. Eventhough I like how much rowdier the crowd is in the upper levels during a Lakers game, I don't like being up that high.

That's cool that MSG has all that history I just don't see how it enhances one's experiance at the arena for an event. History and past events don't matter much to me while I'm watching a basketball game. I prefer modern arenas for the conveniences and it makes watching and being at a game more enjoyable imo, so I'll go with Staples Center. It is really a nice arena and I like the outdoor deck at the top right behind the Staples Center sign where everyone goes and smokes at halftime. I'm looking forward to heading up there for Thu's night Laker game.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:54 AM

3,260 posts, read 8,760,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden-mind-State View Post
MSG is ugly imo the only thing nice is that its surrounded by buildings.
The msg is ugly period!

Old 03-17-2009, 12:49 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,344,980 times
MSG is ugly, but I do acknowledge its history.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:18 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,607,517 times
I've been under the Madison Square Garden. It's like a little city with stores & trains going in every direction. Those photos of the Old Penn station are great. Why did they tear it down?

New York has a lot of history because it is an older city than LA. I like that Staples is becoming a sports center for ESPN\ sports bars. Someday I will see the Lakers kick the Knick's butt at Staples

Old 03-17-2009, 04:16 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,929,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc2va76 View Post
There is a reason why MSG is the world's most famous arena. So much history from Willis Reed coming out on the court and setting the tone for the Game Seven win over the Lakers back in the day to John Starks dunking over Michael and Horrace during game two of the Conference Finals. Even the boxing matches were historic.

Don't forget the Rangers winning the Stanley cup in 1994!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City