Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 08:56 PM

8,613 posts, read 10,142,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsteelerfan View Post
How could the 'survey' even be considered 'real' if NYC wasn't on that list?....................
I'll let you get back to your beer...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 09:07 PM

1,346 posts, read 4,213,707 times
Quote:
I just noticed you're from Milwaukee. I think it's safe to say, that coke usage is alot more prevalent in the Eastern cities compared with the Midwest. Trying to 'cop' coke in a bar in Chicago, is kinda hard to do (actually very hard). In NYC, it's as easy as buying a pack of cigs........
Okay well I'm a firefighter here in Milwaukee now, but how about next month? I'm accepting a job with the Washington DC Fire Department. You can't argue about it there. It doesn't matter if coke isn't as prevalent here. Drugs are everywhere. I've still seen it happen.

I never said anything about being smart as a kid. I'm talking about you being smart now. You pretty much saying that it was fine because when your young you don't know any better. When someone is 23-years-old though, they are not a child. They know better.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:21 PM

1,437 posts, read 3,072,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffknight918 View Post
Okay well I'm a firefighter here in Milwaukee now, but how about next month? I'm accepting a job with the Washington DC Fire Department. You can't argue about it there. It doesn't matter if coke isn't as prevalent here. Drugs are everywhere. I've still seen it happen.

I never said anything about being smart as a kid. I'm talking about you being smart now. You pretty much saying that it was fine because when your young you don't know any better. When someone is 23-years-old though, they are not a child. They know better.
Many people would consider someone that is the age of 23 to still be a "kid". Ya they can drink, fight in wars, etc. But they can't rent a condo in Mrytle Beach yet, hence they're still immature (just an example).

No s**t drugs are everywhere. But they ain't as common in the Midwest as they are in the Eastern cities. I'm talking about real life experience here, not some stat to look up and try to prove me wrong. Plus, ANYONE who's drank in the Midwest and the Eastern cities, knows what I'm talking about.

What I did in my younger years is my business. Who are you? Did you loaf on the corners I did? If so, you probably would've dabbled in them a little yourself.

And how many lives does alcohol claim when talking about kids or young adults? How many driving fatalities does that 'drug' cause?

You seem a little anal to me. I don't look at my drug usage as some kind of badge of honor. But hey, atleast I experienced it. Good or bad, in life, sometimes you learn more from the bad experiences than you do from the good ones!.........Think about that one!......

Old 03-20-2009, 09:23 PM

20,515 posts, read 33,527,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
I'm not saying I don't believe you, but I'd really like you to show me a link of someone who's said something like that.
I personally never heard it. But Houston is very underrated when it comes to partying.
:: inDmix.com ::

Old 03-20-2009, 10:48 PM

1,060 posts, read 1,558,213 times
Quote:
I take it you've NEVER partied in NYC? The bars stay open to 4am. And it's not very hard to find bars that lock the doors at 4am, and let the people stay and keep the party rolling. Realistically though, do you really want to still be drinking when the sun starts to come up? If so, you're probably still in your 20's (early 20's at that). I've left bars in NYC at 8am before (and God did I pay for that when I got up lol).

I've partied in Vegas, and NYC wins hands down! Everything from the local bar to the club scene.
4am woopdy doo. Chicago bars are the same. I go to NYC often and I know how freaking dead the streets are when the bars close. Whether it's in the village, east village or the upper west side. And I've left bars at 8am in NYC after tipping the bartender well and becoming friendly with them...but that's very rare.

And no, I'm not in my 20s anymore but when I'm on a roll, I don't want it to stop. Vegas beats the crap out of new york. 24/7 wins in almost every case. Other the bars, I hate Vegas.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:56 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,204,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
I'm not saying I don't believe you, but I'd really like you to show me a link of someone who's said something like that.
I know have rappers like Drake, Lil Wayne, and more have commented on the nightlife. You got Shaq and tons of other athletes. Someone posted a link on here somewhere stating Drake's impression of Houston.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:59 PM

1,060 posts, read 1,558,213 times
Quote:
But as I said before, "realistically", how many people, or how often, would you want to be still drinking at 6am? Most of the time, drugs are involved when people keep drinking til those hrs. Most people in their early to mid 30's, would be pretty satisified with a 4am "last call". Then go and grab something to eat and hit the sack before the sun rears it's ugly head (ya the sun under those conditions is VERY ugly! )
Most of the time drugs are involved? What the.... Just because you like to call it a night doesn't mean that everyone else must be on something.

Old 03-21-2009, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu View Post
4am woopdy doo. Chicago bars are the same. I go to NYC often and I know how freaking dead the streets are when the bars close. Whether it's in the village, east village or the upper west side. And I've left bars at 8am in NYC after tipping the bartender well and becoming friendly with them...but that's very rare.

And no, I'm not in my 20s anymore but when I'm on a roll, I don't want it to stop. Vegas beats the crap out of new york. 24/7 wins in almost every case. Other the bars, I hate Vegas.
Chicago?...lol lol lol My man, you should trying tell someone who HAS NOT lived in Chicago, cause I have! MOST of Chicago's bars DO NOT have that 4am liquor license. Unlike NYC, that is the norm, '4 am'!

You do realize, that Mannhattan, is ONLY 24 sq miles of NYC's 330 sq mile city, right, you do know that?... Chicago's bar scene is beyond LAME! I think Chicago is a great city, don't get me wrong, but NOT the bar scene!

Rare staying in a bar after closing?... Maybe in Mannhattan cause everything is SO VISIBLE there, but try the outer boroughs, Brooklyn or Queens. There's more bars than I could shake a stick at, that I've stayed in til 6am or later.

There's 'life' outside of Mannhattan, many 'true' Ny'ers know this VERY well. Alot of tourist don't though. So, "woopdy doo" back at you!.....

Old 03-21-2009, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu View Post
Most of the time drugs are involved? What the.... Just because you like to call it a night doesn't mean that everyone else must be on something.
Me "calling it the night"?.... 'When' I go out, it's more like, "Calling it the morning"!..... I ain't no amatuer!.... A good % of Pittsburgh'ers can hold their own when it comes to 'drinking'.....

And just cause you might not have noticed it, especially in the clubs, there's alot of drugs being done thru the night. Especially in NYC or Miami.

Old 03-21-2009, 06:21 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,505,679 times
agree vegas has night life better ...

I'm 28 and don't go out much but if I do want a blue moon real night on the town I want to make it a good one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City