Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Denver or Los Angeles which is better?
Denver 67 54.47%
Los Angeles 56 45.53%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 12:40 AM

795 posts, read 2,409,629 times

Advertisements

Crime LA vs Denver

Ok my source seems to be inconsistent with the C-D source.

But my source's source says:

"Data Source:
2003 FBI Report of Offenses Known to Law Enforcement"

The C-D source says:

"City-data.com does not guarantee the accuracy or timeliness of any information on this site. Use at your own risk"

"Add new facts and correct factual errors about Los Angeles, California"

Old 03-30-2009, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
You mean 54 14ers, right? - Wikigowdog, the even REALER encyclopedia
Wow you're right! Thanks for the correction friend!

Old 03-30-2009, 01:04 AM

18,980 posts, read 32,634,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-town 720 View Post
You cant use a media market for your point. Anaheim is its own city. The mighty ducks of Anahiem and the LA Angels of Anaheim (keep their original home name). I can't believe a person from LA doesn't know this!

Anaheim Ducks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thus, neither team are not in the city of LA nor its county!

I can give you the Angels if you give us MLS (commerence city, based out of Denver).

But still Denver has eight and LA seven...
Yes of course I knew the Angels and Ducks played in Anaheim and I'm not from LA either. I can use a media market for my point. Do you know anything about sports franchises and how they decide where to relocate or expand? It all has to do with media market, which do not stop at city limits or county lines. The NY Jets/Giants play in a different STATE, but they're still in the same media market and draw from the same region for support as all other NY teams just as the Angels and Ducks do for LA.

What a double standard here by you. So you use Wikipedia to show Denver has 4 pro sports teams but dismiss it when it shows LA has 6. How does that work? It's the same Sports link like the one on Denver's Wiki page. I'm not going to bother with someone so biased for their city, if you want to actually believe Denver has more pro sports teams than LA go ahead and live in that fantasy world.

Last edited by sav858; 03-30-2009 at 01:13 AM..

Old 03-30-2009, 01:12 AM

18,980 posts, read 32,634,523 times
Quote:
Crime LA vs Denver

Ok my source seems to be inconsistent with the C-D source.

But my source's source says:

"Data Source:
2003 FBI Report of Offenses Known to Law Enforcement"

The C-D source says:

"City-data.com does not guarantee the accuracy or timeliness of any information on this site. Use at your own risk"

"Add new facts and correct factual errors about Los Angeles, California"
Probably b/c you are comparing 2003 data on your site to 2007 data on C-D. The crime stats on C-D for 2003 match your sites stats, so they are both using the same FBI stats from what I can see and C-D has the the most recent data.

Old 03-30-2009, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Yes of course I knew the Angels and Ducks played in Anaheim and I'm not from LA either. I can use a media market for my point. Do you know anything about sports franchises and how they decide where to relocate or expand? It all has to do with media market, which do not stop at city limits or county lines. The NY Jets/Giants play in a different STATE, but they're still in the same media market and draw from the same region for support as all other NY teams just as the Angels and Ducks do for LA.

What a double standard here by you. So you use Wikipedia to show Denver has 4 pro sports teams but dismiss it when it shows LA has 6. How does that work? It's the same Sports link like the one on Denver's Wiki page. I'm not going to bother with someone so biased for their city, if you want to actually believe Denver has more pro sports teams than LA go ahead and live in that fantasy world.
Huh? When did I do that? What are we trying to establish here? All pro teams or just the four major sport teams? If so LA has 3 out of the 4 major teams (no NFL). Counting the extra teams in a single category is a different topic. Is that what you were doing? I was counting total pro teams in a city (not county, metro etc). This gives Denver more pro teams. But if you count all the teams in the LA area then it has more. But this thread is about the two cities and not their surrounding areas.

So true or false?

There are more pro teams in the city of Denver

Old 03-30-2009, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Probably b/c you are comparing 2003 data on your site to 2007 data on C-D. The crime stats on C-D for 2003 match your sites stats, so they are both using the same FBI stats from what I can see and C-D has the the most recent data.
Well I would concede but not based on a source that is amendable and not guaranteed. I have had problems with data on C-D. So if you can show me the actual source of C-D matching up then by golly Denver has a higher crime rate than LA (shocking!)

Old 03-30-2009, 01:33 AM

18,001 posts, read 27,450,890 times
Quote:
Wow you're right! Thanks for the correction friend!
Minor detail.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:05 AM

1,423 posts, read 4,685,519 times
I Though this was about Fact or Opinion,Now its True and False.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:09 AM

1,423 posts, read 4,685,519 times
Denver has Pro teams suk True or False?

Old 03-30-2009, 07:33 AM

67 posts, read 146,581 times
I picked Denver. I will fully admit my opinion is bias. I was born and raised here. both 'cities' are beautiful in their own way. I have been to LA to visit and will go back and visit. BUT, I like life here. I live in a good community with lots of parks and trails. I don't ski & I don't follow sports, so neither lure me. I went thru some fires in LA back in the beginning of this decade and that was a bit terrifing that it was all so close to the city.

but, eh - it is all about opinion right. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City