Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Denver or Los Angeles which is better?
Denver 67 54.47%
Los Angeles 56 45.53%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 12:58 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,994,804 times

Advertisements

jjacobeclark wrote:
the people of Denver convinced themselves that their city is in the same league as LA
You are obviously NOT taliking about the National Football League. What league is LA in anyway when it comes to professional football? The Denver Broncos play in the NFL.

Old 03-30-2009, 12:59 PM

18,008 posts, read 27,453,889 times
Well that solves it then. Denver gets to be near Pueblo. You go girl!

Old 03-30-2009, 01:03 PM

5 posts, read 6,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
jjacobeclark wrote:
the people of Denver convinced themselves that their city is in the same league as LA
You are obviously NOT taliking about the National Football League. What league is LA in anyway when it comes to professional football? The Denver Broncos play in the NFL.

Los Angeles is getting a team April 1st 2009 So Vamous.

Old 03-30-2009, 01:09 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,994,804 times
Truth be told1245:
Los Angeles is getting a team April 1st 2009 So Vamous.
I'm talking about NOW. As we all know sh*t happens, and there are many who believe that the sky is falling as I type these letters. Best you wait until April 1st to see if it really happens! Until then, LA is NOT in the same League as Denver when it comes to professional football!

Old 03-30-2009, 01:37 PM

275 posts, read 1,471,382 times
Ahh, looks like Truth be told got himself banned for multiple accounts... take a look at the votes for LA -- many users with no previous posts (JJJJJJJJJJ, SidtheKid, etc.). I'm brokenheated... he was such a nice guy... i'll miss him.

Old 03-30-2009, 01:57 PM

795 posts, read 2,409,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californialove24 View Post
I Though this was about Fact or Opinion,Now its True and False.
How else would we weigh fact or opinion?

Last edited by D-town 720; 03-30-2009 at 02:19 PM..

Old 03-30-2009, 01:58 PM

2,437 posts, read 8,182,429 times
Denver. No contest.

The problem with LA is the people. They're so obsessed with their own image and making themselves look 'good' by any means possible that they've failed to realize that their city streets have become completely run down and riddled with crime and drugs. Even the upscale neighborhoods are complete armpits once you get past the one-or-two streets with incredibly landscaped mansions.

As for the mountains, beaches and ocean there, I have to agree that they were probably once very pretty. In fact, at the turn of the 20th century, the future LA Basin may have just been one of the most glorious spots on earth to inhabit. But then a bunch of people showed up and started making idiotic entertainment which promptly attracted every manner of goofball who cared nothing about anything beyond their own faces, bodies and pocketbooks. They then proceeded to show off to the rest of the world how intolerably cool they think they are, and, in the process, they abused that beautiful land and sea around them until it became one big cesspool of smog and smarminess.

And, for the record, I lived in LA county for several years during college, so I know first hand how LAME it is there. I now live about an hour south of Denver and love everything about it. Especially the snow and cold, because it keeps the LA people away.

Old 03-30-2009, 02:18 PM

795 posts, read 2,409,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
false, even if you take out Anaheim's LA still has the same amount as the "city" of Denver out of the 4 major sports leagues. Go ahead interpret it however so you want to believe Denver has more sports teams if that makes you feel better about your city at the end of the day. I'm sure you could argue about this for days but I'm not going to waste my time with someone like you.

I already pointed out how the 2003 crime data matches the FBI stats quoted on your website, C-D is clearly using FBI crime stats. But since its too difficult for you to spend 2 minutes using the internet to confirm that information here you go:
2007 FBI crime data for LA that matches what is on C-D: Table 8 (California) - Crime in the United States 2007 (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2007/data/table_08_ca.html - broken link)

Denver: Table 8 (Colorado) - Crime in the United States 2007 (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2007/data/table_08_co.html - broken link)

Of course I'm sure you'll find a way to argue about these stats to make Denver appear safer but the stats are what they are whether or not you can accept that FACT that LA has an lower overall crime rate than Denver.
I'll accept the crime thing but I am still skeptical. It seems unbelievable that LA has a lower crime rate than Denver. But then again maybe that pretentious hollywood boosterism of LA being a big bad city has skewed many of our perceptions (cops tv shows, gang problems etc on tv).

But of course now you want to use LA's metro to support it having more pro teams. Half of LA's pro teams arent even in the city limits and some even exist in the OC. But hey nobody here is calling you inconsistent. I mean when it comes to crime data its all about the city proper for you which excludes compton, engelwood and other hard core ghettos. But when it comes to sports teams you have no problem including the OC and Anaheim. I am starting to understand your thinking now...

Old 03-30-2009, 02:23 PM

1,310 posts, read 4,137,521 times
Come on. This is apples and oranges. Denver attracts people who like the style and pace of a nice urban mid sized city while LA attracts people who like mega cities. Can't we all just get along? Both cities are great in their own way.

Old 03-30-2009, 02:32 PM

2,437 posts, read 8,182,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdy1985 View Post
Can't we all just get along? Both cities are great in their own way.
We could, but that's not the point of this particular thread....

I'm just trying to help those poor souls in LA to realize how deluded they are in thinking that their city possesses any measure of greatness at all. Acceptance is the first step on the road to recovery. Not that I want them to move away or anything, but maybe they could spend a little less time bragging about the smoggy warmth and more time picking up garbage or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City