Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is the most dangerous neighborhood to walk in the US?
South Bronx ( yes more than one neighborhood) 44 8.21%
Highland Park ( Detroit) 55 10.26%
Compton ( Los Angeles) 67 12.50%
zone 3 (Atlanta) 32 5.97%
Chicago Southside 66 12.31%
Inner Wash DC ( sorry this isn't precise) 20 3.73%
North Philadelphia 62 11.57%
Liberty City Miami 26 4.85%
East St Louis , Ill 81 15.11%
OTHER 83 15.49%
Voters: 536. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 06:22 PM

332 posts, read 1,018,017 times

Advertisements

compare to south bronx north phil wasnt too bad. A few friends live in there, i've spent time there and i didnt feel threatened. As long as you're not flashy or involved in crime i dont think you are subject to violent crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2012, 03:13 AM

1,103 posts, read 2,260,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by couldntthinkofaclevername View Post
Don't ever compare a formerly industrial city of less than 5 square miles to the capital of the US, which has always been a desirable city.

We also had Darby declare a state of emergency twice, once in 2009 and again just this past summer. Places in Philadelphia probably don't declare states of emergency but I guarantee you that you would find them to be plenty dangerous and intimidating.

I can't stand people who try to brag about bad areas. You force us to have to remind you of how it really is. Don't get me wrong, DC has some bad parts for sure but don't ever compare it to a place like Chester where there isn't a single upscale part and hasn't been for decades.
i agree that chester is rough but to say don't ever compare it to dc is stretching it. dc used to always be in the running for murder capital. it reached 80.6 per 100,000 back in the 90s and in 1991 had almost 500 murders with only 600,000 people. that by today's standards would make it the 9th most dangerous city in the entire world beating out cities like san salvador, guatemala, kingston, nuevo laredo, rio, recife, etc...
Juarez no longer world homicide king as it drops to second place*|*U.S. Open Borders

granted dc is much safer today and getting safer, it is still always in the top 25 in the country.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:05 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,652,281 times
Default boredatwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticGermanicPride View Post
i agree that chester is rough but to say don't ever compare it to dc is stretching it. dc used to always be in the running for murder capital. it reached 80.6 per 100,000 back in the 90s and in 1991 had almost 500 murders with only 600,000 people. that by today's standards would make it the 9th most dangerous city in the entire world beating out cities like san salvador, guatemala, kingston, nuevo laredo, rio, recife, etc...
Juarez no longer world homicide king as it drops to second place*|*U.S. Open Borders

granted dc is much safer today and getting safer, it is still always in the top 25 in the country.
I dont know what that poster was talking about. Nobody was even comparing DC to Chester, you said Philly neighborhoods would win wars over most cities and I just said thats highly unlikely with DC's neighborhoods or Pg County neighborhoods. Why would that poster make such a silly claim

Old 03-19-2012, 07:18 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,888,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boreatwork View Post
I dont know what that poster was talking about. Nobody was even comparing DC to Chester, you said Philly neighborhoods would win wars over most cities and I just said thats highly unlikely with DC's neighborhoods or Pg County neighborhoods. Why would that poster make such a silly claim

And as if any would be something to be proud of...

Old 03-20-2012, 08:03 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,923,687 times
It get's REAL in Palm Beach County. Especially West Palm Beach. Tamarind and the northside are no joke.

Man dead after shooting in West Palm Beach - YouTube

All in a week in Palm Beach County:

Wounded man airlifted to hospital after Lake Worth shooting

Two Boynton Beach sisters shot to death; neighbors recall them as 'friendly'

Sheriff's Office investigates Lantana homicide

Wellington man among six charged running Delray Beach drug ring

Old 07-14-2012, 04:06 AM

437 posts, read 547,677 times

All I hear is "cracker this cracker that" just like most other black Floridian made videos...but whites are the real racists.

Old 07-14-2012, 07:30 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,923,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travel-a-lot View Post
All I hear is "cracker this cracker that" just like most other black Floridian made videos...but whites are the real racists.
Cracker is a pejorative used against Police officers IN GENERAL. They even refer to Black/Hispanic/Asian Police Officers as Crackers. Also, older White Floridians refer to each others as Crackers affectionately. I guess Whites are racist against other Whites.

Old 07-14-2012, 10:55 AM

1,773 posts, read 2,673,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Right now, other than "other", LA's Compton is leading, followed by East Saint Louis. I think Compton's rep is changing and isn't as bad as it has been. East Saint Louis is truly mired in a bad situation and sits alone across the river from St. Louis's CBD (the arch, no less) and in another state, with few surrounding towns to bolster it.
The situation in E. STL is a bit of a complicated mess, but when you say it's alone/with few towns to bolster it, what do you mean exactly? Just ones that have any interest in helping, or? Jw, as there is over 700,000 people in the Metro East metro.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:16 AM

833 posts, read 1,713,443 times
East St Louis .............one of the worst places in the US.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:31 AM

437 posts, read 547,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Cracker is a pejorative used against Police officers IN GENERAL. They even refer to Black/Hispanic/Asian Police Officers as Crackers. Also, older White Floridians refer to each others as Crackers affectionately. I guess Whites are racist against other Whites.
Yeah I know it's fort police and I hear some white idiots that listen to too much rap saying it too. But lets be a lot of black people that say it use it for pretty much any white they dont like or dont know regardless of if they're police or not. And yes I know white floridians do it too but they use it in a different way it obviously has a completely different meaning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City