Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is the most dangerous neighborhood to walk in the US?
South Bronx ( yes more than one neighborhood) 44 8.21%
Highland Park ( Detroit) 55 10.26%
Compton ( Los Angeles) 67 12.50%
zone 3 (Atlanta) 32 5.97%
Chicago Southside 66 12.31%
Inner Wash DC ( sorry this isn't precise) 20 3.73%
North Philadelphia 62 11.57%
Liberty City Miami 26 4.85%
East St Louis , Ill 81 15.11%
OTHER 83 15.49%
Voters: 536. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 12:14 AM

11,326 posts, read 20,373,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Your numbers are way off. First off, no NYC neighborhood has crime stats like that throughout the board. Secondly, in the city data page that you linked, its boundaries are not the same as the 113th precinct. There is way more people you need to count to make the statistics accurate. The northen limit is 109th ave, the eastern limit Francis Lewis BLVD, the south-west limit Liberty ave (including all the airport area) and finally the south-east limit being Springfield. I'll do it for you later. But the numbers are much lower than that.
Well damn that didn't take too long.

How do I go about getting the specific population? I don't take the NYPD stats to heart, I know they're all a load of bull, what do you use?

I don't live there anymore but I was there last night and somebody started dumping it, I wonder if the NYPD knows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2010, 12:32 AM

5,720 posts, read 20,079,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
Well damn that didn't take too long.

How do I go about getting the specific population? I don't take the NYPD stats to heart, I know they're all a load of bull, what do you use?

I don't live there anymore but I was there last night and somebody started dumping it, I wonder if the NYPD knows.
LOL it's kinda tricky. I know the boundaries of the precinct so what I do is I search the zip code population. Zip code boundaries and precinct boundaries are very similar. So the numbers are usually in the same range, but I add / subtract population to make up the minor differences in boundaries.

Yeah and S.S Jamaica is crappy.

Old 05-08-2010, 05:15 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,832,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
North Philadelphia really wasn't that bad. I don't know why it's leading.
You're joking right?Its by the grace of god my Cousin and her partner are alive after being shot at several times.She is a police officer and that is her beat.She took it because they actually pay more to work in that area.

Old 05-08-2010, 06:20 PM

650 posts, read 1,330,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
You're joking right?Its by the grace of god my Cousin and her partner are alive after being shot at several times.She is a police officer and that is her beat.She took it because they actually pay more to work in that area.
She's wildin', North Philly is like worst part of Philly.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:55 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,979,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post

Well, I said that a while ago, and have been to Philly a few more times since I said that. I've seen the area and it's pretty bad. I'm sorry about what happened.

Old 05-08-2010, 10:06 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,443,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post
LMFAO...THESE days?? Looks like someone's been watching a little too much Gangland. Does Zoe Pound even still exist?

And LOL @ your complete misconception of the caliber of gangs you're comparing here. There is no such thing as an NYC gang that could hang with ANY Compton gang. And good luck trying to pit Zoe Pound against not just one, but ALL of Compton. 27 crip gangs, 16 blood gangs and 22 Sureno gangs. Yeah, Zoe pound would tear apart all of that THESE DAYS. LMFAO!

Dude, just stop talking about gangs. You've never been correct in even one thing I've read from you regarding them. You know nothing lol.
you just asked does zoe pound still exist?? you must be very slow zoe pound till this day are one of the top gangs in maimi , they still control gangs under them to so what are you saying?

and actually zoe pound probably could have a nice fight with those compton gangs cause those compton gangs would probably killl eachother first before they entered to the ring with the zoes

Old 05-08-2010, 10:32 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,832,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Well, I said that a while ago, and have been to Philly a few more times since I said that. I've seen the area and it's pretty bad. I'm sorry about what happened.
Its cool.She is still safe thanks.

Old 05-08-2010, 11:36 PM

916 posts, read 1,092,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
you just asked does zoe pound still exist?? you must be very slow zoe pound till this day are one of the top gangs in maimi , they still control gangs under them to so what are you saying?

and actually zoe pound probably could have a nice fight with those compton gangs cause those compton gangs would probably killl eachother first before they entered to the ring with the zoes

I think dude twisted && assumed Zoe Pound was some NYC originated gang...

Old 05-09-2010, 01:49 AM

2,957 posts, read 6,488,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post

I must be very slow b/c I was asking if Zoe Pound still exists?? You must be inbred if you're making that idiotic of a statement.

I don't live in FL nor do I really give a crap about some Haitian gang 3000 miles away from me, so grow up already. What are you, like 12?

Cool, Zoe Pound's still running things in MIA. Big whoop. That affects me how?? I was under the impression that they had died out and weren't anywhere near as powerful as they used to be. I guess I was wrong. That would be the reason why I was ASKING!!!

And believe whatever fantasy bullcrap you want about what gang would destroy whatever other gang. It doesn't change the fact that all that exists in Compton would be too much for any one gang to take on. I can't believe I'm even allowing myself to get dragged this deep into some 4th grade "my dad and uncles can beat up your dad" type argument. I was mocking what the Russian Comedy Act was saying b/c he always misses the mark in his comments about that kind of crap. I know Zoe Pound was no joke, but he made a ridiculous comment and I responded to it. I'm not trying to keep going with this like I'm some idiot kid so go on with that crap already.

Old 05-09-2010, 01:52 AM

2,957 posts, read 6,488,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyKing54 View Post
I think dude twisted && assumed Zoe Pound was some NYC originated gang...
Naw, I knew who they are. I just thought they had already passed their prime. Russian dude was talking about them like they were the new hottest thing to hit the streets and were something the rest of the world hadn't seen before. I thought they were old news, didn't realize they were still that relevant. But why would I know how active they currently are anyway when I live on the opposite side of the continent? I wasn't claiming to be an expert on them, I was just clowning dude for bringing them up b/c he probably just learned who they were.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City