Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: True Media Capital of America
NYC 71 52.99%
LA 63 47.01%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 09:40 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,696,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Inquirer View Post
Yeah and other channels like TLC, discovery, science channel are in Connecticut so new york dosent own ever kind of media.
Now who said NY owning every kind of media? No one can own everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 11:14 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,940,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libohove90 View Post
Yes, I wish I could've put CNN on there but damn Atlanta. I do not really know why Atlanta is such a big business center. It is home to CNN, Coca-Cola, Weather Channel, and TV superstations like TBS and TNT. Someone might want to lecture me on why Atlanta is such a convenient place for businesses? I mean Atlanta's Hartford is the busier than Chicago's O'Hare because of Delta! Jeez!
Ever hear of Ted Turner?

Old 08-02-2009, 10:07 PM

411 posts, read 1,165,085 times
I said NYC because so many shows and movies take place in NYC and people can easily recognize things in NYC, e.g the Empire State Building, Chrysler Building, Central Park, Statue of Liberty, Brooklyn Bridge, Grand Central Station, St. Patrick's Cathedral. The only thing most people know about LA is the Hollywood sign, Sunset strip, Kodak Theatre, and that Chinese theatre. If you show someone the LA skyline w/o the Hllywood sign in the back, they probably would not recognize it.

Old 08-03-2009, 12:00 AM

2,561 posts, read 5,811,395 times
Yes, NYC has greater influence and presence within the over all media market..especially print/tv news..strong entertainment/celebrity..society coverage..LA Times really does not have anywhere near the circulation around the US that NY Times.Wall Street Journal has.. /WSTJ.. Barrons and the Economist is NYC based as well. Like Here in Colorado the New York Times and Wall Street Journal can be found in about any Starbucks , decent hotel,or breakfast place.. and a large number of local biz here are subscribers. LA times can be found, but you have to look a bit more..I personally prefer LA to NYC as a place to live, but NYC again is top banana IMO..got to give credit where credits due..

Last edited by Scott5280; 08-03-2009 at 12:36 AM..

Old 12-21-2009, 01:48 PM

117 posts, read 330,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanboy View Post
Not according to the results of this poll.

Sorry man.
According to the poll on City Data lol.... Wow I'm not surprised NY wins LA in every Category on these forums. Doesn't LA get bashed for not being a "real" city and Ny gets kisses blown on it? I honestly don't care for the poll on CD it's just a bias poll everyone votes Ny b/c they don't like LA. If it was a real poll like on cnn then I still wouldn't care who wins or losses.

Old 12-21-2009, 01:59 PM

6,625 posts, read 14,452,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primate 24 View Post
According to the poll on City Data lol.... Wow I'm not surprised NY wins LA in every Category on these forums. Doesn't LA get bashed for not being a "real" city and Ny gets kisses blown on it? I honestly don't care for the poll on CD it's just a bias poll everyone votes Ny b/c they don't like LA. If it was a real poll like on cnn then I still wouldn't care who wins or losses.
What was the point of reviving this thread if all you had to say was that you didn't care about what the thread was saying?

Old 06-11-2010, 06:58 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,035,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californialove24 View Post
NYC and LA are the two most Arguable Media Capitals of America.Which City do you think is the True Media Capital of America?
Los Angeles I believe.

Old 06-13-2010, 09:49 AM

37,127 posts, read 39,357,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
Los Angeles I believe.
I understand why people say this, but you should read the full thread. I think the arguments for NYC are really solid.

Old 06-13-2010, 01:26 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,035,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
I understand why people say this, but you should read the full thread. I think the arguments for NYC are really solid.
Not really. Having stated my own opinion, I don't really know why I should be reading everyone else's posts/opinions. Just read what OP asked and then answered.

If someone wants to contest my post they can, and I'll refute it with some examples too to state why I picked it.

But so far in the relation of my post, your post, and the OP's post (not going to bother with anyone else's) I said LA, you said NYC, OP asked which one.

Old 06-13-2010, 02:17 PM

117 posts, read 330,833 times
there both the top media on their coast, but NYC city wise comparison!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City