Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: True Media Capital of America
NYC 71 52.99%
LA 63 47.01%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 04:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,772,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Inquirer View Post
So what are the school like in Beverly hills? And other rich areas of LA at least not inner city. What about new York project looking insutitues with rust and broken glass and residue and trash scattered about.
LA is one of the poorest large metropolitan areas in the United States. Asking how Beverly Hills schools are is like asking about schools on the Upper East Side or the rich areas in NYC (NY is richer and more educated than LA, you know?)

In general, NYC schools are better than LA schools. We are talking about LA schools hidden behind the prison gates/barb wires marked for territory by the Cholos and the Crips with dry blood and needles all over the filthy spray painted floors of the cemented playgrounds and tattooed students with eyebrows drawn in by sharpie markers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 04:12 PM

804 posts, read 2,401,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanboy View Post
LA is one of the poorest large metropolitan areas in the United States. Asking how Beverly Hills schools are is like asking about schools on the Upper East Side or the rich areas in NYC (NY is much richer than LA, you know?)

In general, NYC schools are better than LA schools. We are talking about LA schools hidden behind the prison gates/barb wires marked for territory by the Cholos and the Crips with dry blood and needles all over the filthy spray painted floors of the cemented playgrounds.
You know what who cares what you think. Your pretentious, ignorant and provincial. What would you know about anything besides new york? You honestly think that 12 million people would live in the LA region if it had crap education? Your obviously not educated and make trivial statments.

Old 07-30-2009, 04:14 PM

259 posts, read 454,670 times
Quote:
So I guess

USC

UCLA

CalPoly

CSLA

Are just terrible

Who said they were terrible?

I think you are the only one using the word terrible in association with those schools.

Old 07-30-2009, 04:15 PM

Quote:
You know what who cares what you think. Your pretentious, ignorant and provincial. What would you know about anything besides new york? You honestly think that that 12 million people would live in the LA region if it had crap education?
Haha. I'm provincial now? I don't live in NYC, but I know LA and what I've seen is bad bad bad.

Old 07-30-2009, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Haha. I'm provincial now? I don't live in NYC, but I know LA and what I see is bad bad bad.
I thought you lived in new york, my bad. Anyway what do you know about LA? Have you ever set foot in the city? Have you ever seen what LA has to offer?

Old 07-30-2009, 04:24 PM

1,854 posts, read 4,919,808 times
Quote:
LA is one of the poorest large metropolitan areas in the United States. Asking how Beverly Hills schools are is like asking about schools on the Upper East Side or the rich areas in NYC (NY is richer and more educated than LA, you know?)

In general, NYC schools are better than LA schools. We are talking about LA schools hidden behind the prison gates/barb wires marked for territory by the Cholos and the Crips with dry blood and needles all over the filthy spray painted floors of the cemented playgrounds and tattooed students with eyebrows drawn in by sharpie markers.
How is LA one of the poorest metro areas? It's public schools are certainly lacking, but that has more to do with the city's economy hurting right now and the idiocy in local government.

The median household income in the New York area is $51,000 in L.A. metro it's $46,000 except the cost of living is higher in New York.

Old 07-30-2009, 04:26 PM

Quote:
I thought you lived in new york, my bad. Anyway what do you know about LA? Have you ever set foot in the city? Have you ever seen what LA has to offer?
Many times. LA just isn't a city people from top schools want to go to. It's not my fault. It just isn't a "yuppie" type city like NY/SF/Washington DC. Only wanabe Hollywood rejects from the midwest find LA attractive.

Old 07-30-2009, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX_LAX View Post
How is LA one of the poorest metro areas? It's public schools are certainly lacking, but that has more to do with the city's economy hurting right now and the idiocy in local government.

The median household income in the New York area is $51,000 in L.A. metro it's $46,000 except the cost of living is higher in New York.
Yes exactly. All of california's schools are being rendered senselessly by the economy not just LA.

Old 07-30-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Many times. LA just isn't a city people from top schools want to go to. It's not my fault. It just isn't a "yuppie" type city like NY/SF/Washington DC. Only wanabe Hollywood rejects from the midwest find LA attractive.
Oh shut up! California in general isn't where you go for top universities. We all know that they are all on the east coast anyway. That isn't LA's fault.

Old 07-30-2009, 04:33 PM

2,498 posts, read 11,436,020 times
Quote:
Both cities aren't growing very much from people "wanting" to move there. With domestic migration in the United States, more people move OUT of New York City Metro and Los Angeles Metro than in. The way these cities are growing is by having a higher birth rate to compensate for those leaving and by immigration from foreign countries/illegal immigration.

So for every "yuppie" American that moves into New York Metro, two people are leaving. Why do more people move out of New York than in???

http://www.census.gov/prod/2006pubs/p25-1135.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City