Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 08:03 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,181,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post
Really Miami for food? Parties yes, but food? I'd put Orlando over Miami for Food but I don't know that either one could make the top 10 list, I didn't put anywhere in Florida in my top 10 list. Of course Baltimore didn't make my list either. But of those 3 I'm fairly sure Orlando would come out on top.
Orlando over Miami? Miami has some of the most top-end restaurants in the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2010, 08:05 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,895,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
I don't know about that man, Miami always gets the top-end restaurants that New York and Los Angeles get. Go to Miami Beach and tell me the restaurant scene is lacking.

No he is right Miami gets hand me downs - the scene is much better than the food

Philly blows Miami dining away

Old 05-22-2010, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
No he is right Miami gets hand me downs - the scene is much better than the food

Philly blows Miami dining away
Lmao @ hand me downs, don't get me wrong Philadelphia does have some of the best food in the country, but Miami is no sleeper...it's not just Cuban Food lol.

Old 05-22-2010, 08:29 PM

2,563 posts, read 6,056,314 times
Miami Beach really? Lincoln Road is some of the worst and overpriced food I've ever had, I'd compare it to Downtown Disney or Citywalk. I've had dinner in fancy hotels on Ocean Drive, they too were more decor than quality. The day time is sandwich shops and sushi cafes. Its really nothing special. Coral Gables - one of the wealthiest areas of Miami and its main corner is a Houston's Restaurant and a Starbucks.

Miami wins for a lot of things but food really isn't one of them and nearly every person I know of having grown up in Orlando and going to College in Miami agrees.

You're right there are some top places. Biltmore Hotel's Sunday Brunch was one of the best restaurant experiences of my life. But the vast majority of places in Miami are pretty low quality.

Would you care to tell me some of these amazing restaurants Miami has? I'd really be quite interested, especially pizza because I've searched all of Miami for decent pizza and am convinced it just doesn't exist.

Old 05-22-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Miami Beach really? Lincoln Road is some of the worst and overpriced food I've ever had, I'd compare it to Downtown Disney or Citywalk. I've had dinner in fancy hotels on Ocean Drive, they too were more decor than quality. The day time is sandwich shops and sushi cafes. Its really nothing special. Coral Gables - one of the wealthiest areas of Miami and its main corner is a Houston's Restaurant and a Starbucks.

Miami wins for a lot of things but food really isn't one of them and nearly every person I know of having grown up in Orlando and going to College in Miami agrees.

You're right there are some top places. Biltmore Hotel's Sunday Brunch was one of the best restaurant experiences of my life. But the vast majority of places in Miami are pretty low quality.

Would you care to tell me some of these amazing restaurants Miami has? I'd really be quite interested, especially pizza because I've searched all of Miami for decent pizza and am convinced it just doesn't exist.
Agree just had a horribly overpriced meal at the Gotham steakhouse in the Fountainbleau

Old 05-22-2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:

Pizza Rustica was pretty good IMO, Theres this place called Casola's Pizzeria, Pizza Fiore, Mario The Baker, DellaVentura's, Amici's Trattoria Italiana just some examples. Carina's was good too. Also to respond to the Coral Gables comment, you have to look beyond just the "main corner" to find good food. I guess you were talking about Miracle Mile?

Old 05-22-2010, 08:45 PM

153 posts, read 381,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
I don't know about that man, Miami always gets the top-end restaurants that New York and Los Angeles get. Go to Miami Beach and tell me the restaurant scene is lacking.
Obviously knowledge about 'top-end' dining is lacking, may think Michelin stars are used to rate tires, jk. Per Se, NYC's obvious top choice for many, harks back from TFL in Napa, considered as SF. And Bouchon, his 'lesser' restaurant, is located in LA and Vegas.

But in a seriousness, if you think a city like Miami Beach can compete with NYC, and even LA, then refer to my statement above. The only cities that can hope to compete with NYC in high-end fare are San Francisco and Chicago, and possibly Vegas and LA.

Last edited by DeusEx; 05-22-2010 at 08:56 PM..

Old 05-22-2010, 08:46 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,929,225 times
Las Vegas should be in the top 5...

Old 05-22-2010, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusEx View Post
Obviously knowledge about 'top-end' dining is lacking. May thinks Michelin stars are used to rate tires, jk.

But in a seriousness, if you think a city like Miami Beach can compete with NYC, and even LA, then refer to my statement above. The only cities that can hope to compete with NYC in high-end fare are Chicago and San Francisco, and possibly Vegas and LA.

I actually think Philly can be in this discussion, just not as many as NYC - but then again no other city has the sheer volume of good dining that NY does

Old 05-22-2010, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusEx View Post
Obviously knowledge about 'top-end' dining is lacking. May thinks Michelin stars are used to rate tires, jk. Per Se, NYC's obvious top choice for many, harks back from TFL in Napa, near SF. WTF does Miami get?

But in a seriousness, if you think a city like Miami Beach can compete with NYC, and even LA, then refer to my statement above. The only cities that can hope to compete with NYC in high-end fare are San Francisco and Chicago, and possibly Vegas and LA.
But this is a top 12 list...and seriously, Miami can go toe-to-toe especially with a city like Las Vegas..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City