Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2009, 12:53 AM

14,256 posts, read 27,009,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Fla View Post
Like there wasnt a bid uproar in Tampa about that. So a couple of rednecks raise a huge flag down here, and all of a sudden, every Floridian is a redneck.
What's the point. That's the way C-D goes. Round and round, round we go. One example means EVERYBODY does it, according to people on C-D.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Around View Post
Own it, polo
I admit I was wrong. I own it. If that's what you mean.

Old 04-30-2009, 01:06 AM

Anywayz, I like TX and CA better then BOTH Florida and NY. So I guess NY winz. Congrats NY, and once again im talking to myself, anybody out there????

Old 04-30-2009, 01:12 AM

2,413 posts, read 5,762,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
Add this to my list for disliking florida

I don't want to have my future children playing outside and an alligator apporaches them

Alligator on Doorstep
For something that stupid to make it on your "list", it must not be very long. I cant even remember the last time someone in FL was acually killed by a gator.

Old 04-30-2009, 05:46 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,983,816 times
Quote:
For something that stupid to make it on your "list", it must not be very long. I cant even remember the last time someone in FL was acually killed by a gator.
There are alligator deaths often where my parents live in SWFL. They had an alligator in the lake in their backyard for a few days. They didn't keep our cats outside on the lanai just in case.

Stop telling people what's not true. People DO get killed by alligators. Whenever my dad and I are driving around, he shows me certain sections of the town where people recently died from them.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:56 AM

1,782 posts, read 3,949,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
There are alligator deaths often where my parents live in SWFL. They had an alligator in the lake in their backyard for a few days. They didn't keep our cats outside on the lanai just in case.

Stop telling people what's not true. People DO get killed by alligators. Whenever my dad and I are driving around, he shows me certain sections of the town where people recently died from them.
No there aren't...here's some actual facts instead of opinions flying around...

List of fatal alligator attacks in the United States by decade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The last fatal attack anywhere was in Nov 2007. The last fatal attack in SWFL was in 2005.

Since 1970 there have only been 22 fatal alligator attacks in Florida. Only 22 in almost 40 years.....not even worth worrying about....

Old 04-30-2009, 07:58 AM

2,057 posts, read 5,501,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post

List of fatal alligator attacks in the United States by decade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The last fatal attack anywhere was in Nov 2007. The last fatal attack in SWFL was in 2005.

Since 1970 there have only been 22 fatal alligator attacks in Florida. Only 22 in almost 40 years.....not even worth worrying about....
The last fatal attack was in 2007. Also there was 22 attacks in 40 years!!!

And you think that is nothing to worry about? Speak for yourself. You just confirmed my thoughts

Old 04-30-2009, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post

What did I say that wasnt true? I seriously couldnt remember. If your stupid enough to get attacked by an Alligator, you deserved it. Ive seem many many alligators in my life. Ive even swam with them. For the most part, they are docile. More scared of use then we are of them. But if you live along side them, you have to know what not to do. People who get attacked are dumb because they either go swimming, or stand by the edge of an alligator infested body of water at night or during mating season. Im sure more people die from the cold in New York.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post

In that 2007 incident, that guy was running from the police, hahaha. He had it coming to him.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:19 AM

2,057 posts, read 5,501,127 times
Quote:
What did I say that wasnt true? I seriously couldnt remember. If your stupid enough to get attacked by an Alligator, you deserved it. Ive seem many many alligators in my life. Ive even swam with them. For the most part, they are docile. More scared of use then we are of them. But if you live along side them, you have to know what not to do. People who get attacked are dumb because they either go swimming, or stand by the edge of an alligator infested body of water at night or during mating season. Im sure more people die from the cold in New York.
You just contradicted yourself with what is in bold

It does not matter how you slice it. People in Florida are attacked by gators. There is nothing that you can say to change my opinion
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City