Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 07:02 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,987,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
and so?

Ny is 7th...only 1 spot above fl at 8th...

Ca is 11 and tx is 26.... Both of those states have far larger populations than either ny or fl does.....
exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2009, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
Florida sucks!!!

The Dukes of Hazzard (rednecks) + The Golden Girls (snowbirds) = Florida

The only part of Florida that is livable is MIAMI
Same could be said for NY.
upstate NY= high crime rate, nothing but farms, BRUTALLY cold weather.
The only livable part is NYC.

Old 04-27-2009, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
The point is that Florida is not very dense as you claim.
I know you're DEFINATELY going for the Sixers, you used to live in Orlnado and HATED it, LOL. Now you're in Philly metro, and the Sixers are playing the Magic. LOL. Isn't that strange.

Old 04-27-2009, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
I agree with you. I strongly believe that Miami is the only place that is the best city of FL. If it wasn't for Miami. I would never go to FL.
If it wasnt for NYC, I probably wouldnt look in NY's direction.

Old 04-27-2009, 07:19 AM

Come on guys let's be serious, to all the people that say Miami is the ONLY good city on Florida, that is like the pot calling the kettle black. Becasue in ALL honesty what OTHER cities are there in New York, BESIDES New York City??? You all say Miami is the only city, but WHAT other city in NY state is popular to people OUTSIDE of the state. People KNOW about Orlando because of the theme parks, but do people really know much about Buffulo, or Rochester, or Albany, or even Syracuse(besides the University). SERIOUSLY PEOPLE??? You guys think Miami is the ONLY good city, YET YOU GUYS THINK NYState is FILLED woth GREAT popular cities, with GREAT economies???? REALLY GUYS??? PLEASE, GET SERIOUS.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:36 AM

784 posts, read 2,267,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Come on guys let's be serious, to all the people that say Miami is the ONLY good city on Florida, that is like the pot calling the kettle black. Becasue in ALL honesty what OTHER cities are there in New York, BESIDES New York City??? You all say Miami is the only city, but WHAT other city in NY state is popular to people OUTSIDE of the state. People KNOW about Orlando because of the theme parks, but do people really know much about Buffulo, or Rochester, or Albany, or even Syracuse(besides the University). SERIOUSLY PEOPLE??? You guys think Miami is the ONLY good city, YET YOU GUYS THINK NYState is FILLED woth GREAT popular cities, with GREAT economies???? REALLY GUYS??? PLEASE, GET SERIOUS.

Apparently you don't know much about NY state, but that doesn't mean everyone is dense.
What other cities you ask? I don't know Buffalo not city enough? Rochester? Syracuse? Albany? Utica? Binghamton? Troy, watertown, schenectady, auburn, ithaca, jamestown, elmira, I can go on. ..What is so special about sticky hell hot florida? It's got beaches, well wippy. Sooner or later that novelty wears off. Like after the first hour.

Florida is flat like a pancake............everywhere....Not a hill in sight. Go off the beaten path and watch out for the gators. Sounds exciting, right.

What does upstate have that you keep dismissing? I don't know try mountains, beautiful lakes, the catskills and the adirondacks are some of the most beautiful places to visit in the country, but what would you know. There are other cities in NY state besides NYC you know. Buffalo is a big city and so is Rochester. Syracuse metro is the same as Salt lake city. Multiple smaller cities which give NY an abundance of character which Florida knows nothing about. Not to mention the fact that you have seasons. We can ski in the winter. Kid's can have a "white" christmas....LOl. Everyone in NYState doesn't have bad skin like many do in Florida from all that excessive humidity.

Florida just flat out sucks. Yeah, it's ok if you want to take a vacation in january. Other than that, stay away.......You mention celebrities like Puff Daddy vacationing there. What are you twelve? Who cares where any celebrity vacations, let alone Puffy sweat?

FYI, most people vacation away from where they live. Just a heads up to you.

By the way, thank you for hijacking this thread. What did you think that you would bully everyone into thinking that Florida was some how special?...Or where you hoping that none of us could think for ourselves?.............How many in a row are you going to post. Go back in your air conditioned ranch and I will call you when January gets here so you can come outside....

By the way, New York city is a city in what state?

......Crappy ole' NYstate somehow manages to capitalize on that little ole' city you might have heard of....You know NYC.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:25 AM

57 posts, read 199,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Same could be said for NY.
upstate NY= high crime rate, nothing but farms, BRUTALLY cold weather.
The only livable part is NYC.
You pretty much lose all credibility with the bolded statements. I live in upstate NY. I don't live anywhere near a farm, and the town I live in rarely has any crime.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:39 AM

3,576 posts, read 10,668,718 times
I've lived in NY State, but never in FL, although I know quite a few people who either have or still do. I'd choose NY mainly based on the fact that there's at least access to ski slopes.

Old 04-27-2009, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickRick1 View Post
Apparently you don't know much about NY state, but that doesn't mean everyone is dense.
What other cities you ask? I don't know Buffalo not city enough? Rochester? Syracuse? Albany? Utica? Binghamton? Troy, watertown, schenectady, auburn, ithaca, jamestown, elmira, I can go on. ..What is so special about sticky hell hot florida? It's got beaches, well wippy. Sooner or later that novelty wears off. Like after the first hour.

Florida is flat like a pancake............everywhere....Not a hill in sight. Go off the beaten path and watch out for the gators. Sounds exciting, right.

What does upstate have that you keep dismissing? I don't know try mountains, beautiful lakes, the catskills and the adirondacks are some of the most beautiful places to visit in the country, but what would you know. There are other cities in NY state besides NYC you know. Buffalo is a big city and so is Rochester. Syracuse metro is the same as Salt lake city. Multiple smaller cities which give NY an abundance of character which Florida knows nothing about. Not to mention the fact that you have seasons. We can ski in the winter. Kid's can have a "white" christmas....LOl. Everyone in NYState doesn't have bad skin like many do in Florida from all that excessive humidity.

Florida just flat out sucks. Yeah, it's ok if you want to take a vacation in january. Other than that, stay away.......You mention celebrities like Puff Daddy vacationing there. What are you twelve? Who cares where any celebrity vacations, let alone Puffy sweat?

FYI, most people vacation away from where they live. Just a heads up to you.

By the way, thank you for hijacking this thread. What did you think that you would bully everyone into thinking that Florida was some how special?...Or where you hoping that none of us could think for ourselves?.............How many in a row are you going to post. Go back in your air conditioned ranch and I will call you when January gets here so you can come outside....

By the way, New York city is a city in what state?

......Crappy ole' NYstate somehow manages to capitalize on that little ole' city you might have heard of....You know NYC.
How am I "hijacking" this thread when I WAS ON HERE BEFORE YOU. Anyways, I was just trying to spread my opinion, the same you did when you blabered on, and on and on, how florida is hot, and it's sticky and humid, waaaaaa, waaaaa, waaa,. The sun burns, and the beaches are boring, yadi, yadi ya. If anything YOU'RE the one who hijacked the thread. And YES I mentioned P.Didddy, BUT if you want me to provide with some facts about how MANY people who are NOT celebrities, who come down form EVERYWHERE then I could. And yes NYC is in NY state, and Miami is in Florida, and if my memory is correct, didnt MOST of the people on here say Miami is the ONLY city in flordida they'll go to? So does that make NY state waaay better because of NYC? Ok upstate has mountains, big whoop, Florida dosent need mountains to attract the millions of tourist that it gets each year. Yes the beaches may be novelty, BUT there are PLENTY of people who would KILL to live on those plain, old, flat, boring, beaches. And no I didnt think I would bully anyone into liking Florida, as i've learned from previous threads New yorkers hardly look beyond the hudson river, therefore it is useless to try convince them otherwise. You couldnt convince a New Yorker that the sky is blue and the grass is green. But did you think that your post is any different then any other New York whiner?? Im was just asking what others see that is waaaay better then Florida? Can you tell me what cities these people are talking about in upstate that are so much popular then any city in Florida????

Old 04-27-2009, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB27 View Post
You pretty much lose all credibility with the bolded statements. I live in upstate NY. I don't live anywhere near a farm, and the town I live in rarely has any crime.
Well ALOT of you New york posters lost credibility when this thread started. When I lived in Florida, I did not live in a swamp, nor did I see any aligators, unless I was at a zoo. See, it goes both ways my friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City