Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 11:21 AM

3,003 posts, read 6,095,781 times

Advertisements

Aight so check it. New jerseyans seem to have the idea that only manhattan is worth anything in nyc and all the other boroughs are fly-over. Which is laughable considering the state this accusation is coming from. That couldnt be any further from the truth however. The boroughs are more vibrant, more culturally relevant than every city in new jersey. As a bronxite i felt disrespected. In reality jersey is a identity-less state. Recieving any relevance whatsoever from New york and Philly

The bronx alone is more culturally relevant than any city in jersey through the yankees and hip hop. But theres four more boroughs.And there may be some jersey relevance that im not aware of

So what is it The Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island or New Jersey State. Who got da props

Old 12-23-2009, 11:29 AM

5,251 posts, read 13,826,753 times
This is mature.

I love how you try to make the title so specific to get your way, because beyond that NJ does in fact offer more. No one on the thread you mention of bashes NYC the way you bashed NJ (out of ignorance)
And what's really laughable is that the Bronx had absolutely nothing to do with the thread until you came in bashing NJ to try to boost the Bronx ratings.

I rather live in Jersey City over the Bronx since my money can get me farther there and the poverty and dirty surroundings of the Bronx is a lot less desirable than that of what could be offered in Jersey City for less.

"It's part of a remarkable demographic and economic U-turn. In a region where many cities are shrinking, Jersey City in the last quarter-century has gained about 30,000 residents, 27,000 jobs and 18 million square feet of prime office space — more than all such space in downtown Atlanta, Phoenix or Miami."
"Another 8,000 housing units are being built, and permits have been issued for 10,000 more. With tens of thousands more homes planned over the next 25 years, Jersey City — given up for dead 30 years ago — could pass its 1930 population peak of 316,700."

Old 12-23-2009, 11:32 AM

155 posts, read 197,210 times
Who's more culturally significant? New Jersey!!!

Old 12-23-2009, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
This is mature.

I love how you try to make the title so specific to get your way, because beyond that NJ does in fact offer more. No one on the thread you mention of bashes NYC the way you bashed NJ (out of ignorance)
And what's really laughable is that the Bronx had absolutely nothing to do with the thread until you came in bashing NJ to try to boost the Bronx ratings.

I rather live in Jersey City over the Bronx since my money can get me farther there and the poverty and dirty surroundings of the Bronx is a lot less desirable than that of what could be offered in Jersey City for less.

"It's part of a remarkable demographic and economic U-turn. In a region where many cities are shrinking, Jersey City in the last quarter-century has gained about 30,000 residents, 27,000 jobs and 18 million square feet of prime office space — more than all such space in downtown Atlanta, Phoenix or Miami."
"Another 8,000 housing units are being built, and permits have been issued for 10,000 more. With tens of thousands more homes planned over the next 25 years, Jersey City — given up for dead 30 years ago — could pass its 1930 population peak of 316,700."
1.First of all jerseyans were disrespecting the boroughs first. Thats when i mentioned the bronx because thats the borough im from and know best, it could have been brooklyn, it could have been queens. Thats why i created this thread. What has jersey done that america can recognise with and the world will know.

2. The bronx is not all undisrable neighborhoods. It has its good parts it has its bad. But there are many great nabes in the X. Pelham bay,pelham gardens,woodlawn,riverdale,country club etc

So what makes jersey culturally significant over the boroughs ?

Old 12-23-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
What has jersey done that america can recognise with and the world will know.
Motion picture technology was invented in New Jersey by Thomas Edison. In addition, many of his 1,093 patents were issued for inventions he produced in his New Jersey facilities.

Old 12-23-2009, 11:55 AM

LOL in what 1492 come on lol

Hear and now Jay-z(BROOKLYN)+ Hip hop(BRONX)= Empire state of Mind(nyc) a certified banger worldwide

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UjsXo9l6I8

Old 12-23-2009, 12:02 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,826,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
LOL in what 1492 come on lol

Hear and now Jay-z(BROOKLYN)+ Hip hop(BRONX)= Empire state of Mind(nyc) a certified banger worldwide

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UjsXo9l6I8
that song is overrated and terrible.

Frank Sinatra's single "New York" is practically NYC's theme song. IRONICALLY, it was sung by a NJian.

Old 12-23-2009, 12:02 PM

203 posts, read 689,654 times
kony get real the bronx is wack and u know it. thats why im leaving to hollywood !! i will make it

Old 12-23-2009, 12:03 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,376,427 times
^Let me get this straight.........Do you actually believe that a hip-hop song about New York negates the fact the the electric light bulb was invented in Edison?

And 1492? Really?

Wow.

Old 12-23-2009, 12:07 PM

I think the songs by Jersey native Bruce Springsteen have been more relevant nationally and internationally than a rap song by Jay Z.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbBqXG7A-7M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRXhDQXhdXE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City