Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2009, 08:24 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,090,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
  • WBGO (88.3 FM; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: NEWARK PUBLIC RADIO INC.)
  • WPAT-FM (93.1 FM; PATERSON, NJ; Owner: WPAT LICENSING, INC.)
  • WSOU (89.5 FM; SOUTH ORANGE, NJ; Owner: SETON HALL UNIVERSITY)
  • WFME (94.7 FM; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
  • WCAA (105.9 FM; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: WADO-AM LICENSE CORP. ("WADO"))
  • WHTZ (100.3 FM; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
  • WPST (97.5 FM; TRENTON, NJ; Owner: NASSAU BROADCASTING II, L.L.C.)
  • WWFM (89.1 FM; TRENTON, NJ; Owner: MERCER COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
  • WTTH (96.1 FM; MARGATE CITY, NJ; Owner: EQUITY COMMUNICATIONS, L.P.)
  • WFPG-FM (96.9 FM; ATLANTIC CITY, NJ; Owner: MILLENNIUM ATLANTIC CITY LICENSE HOLDCO, LLC)
  • WZBZ (99.3 FM; PLEASANTVILLE, NJ; Owner: EQUITY COMMUNICATIONS, L.P.)
  • WAYV (95.1 FM; ATLANTIC CITY, NJ; Owner: EQUITY COMMUNICATIONS, L.P.)
  • WPUR (107.3 FM; ATLANTIC CITY, NJ; Owner: MILLENNIUM ATLANTIC CITY LICENSE HOLDCO, LLC)
  • WMGM (103.7 FM; ATLANTIC CITY, NJ; Owner: SOUTH JERSEY RADIO, INC.)
  • WAJM (88.9 FM; ATLANTIC CITY, NJ; Owner: ATLANTIC CITY BOARD OF EDUCATION)
  • W230AA (93.9 FM; ATLANTIC CITY, NJ; Owner: MERCER COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
  • W207AB (89.3 FM; ATLANTIC CITY, NJ; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
  • WXGN (90.5 FM; EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP, NJ; Owner: JOY BROADCASTING, INC.)
  • WOJZ (104.9 FM; EGG HARBOR CITY, NJ; Owner: MEGA COMMUNICATIONS OF EGG HARBOR LICENSEE, L.L.C.)
  • WIXM (97.3 FM; MILLVILLE, NJ; Owner: MILLENNIUM ATLANTIC CITY II LICENSE HOLDCO, LLC)
  • WRTQ (91.3 FM; OCEAN CITY, NJ; Owner: TEMPLE U. OF THE COMMONWEALTH SYSTEM)
  • WKOE (106.3 FM; OCEAN CITY, NJ; Owner: OCEAN COMMUNICATIONS)
  • WTKU (98.3 FM; OCEAN CITY, NJ; Owner: SOUTH JERSEY RADIO, INC.)
  • WNJN-FM (89.7 FM; ATLANTIC CITY, NJ; Owner: NEW JERSEY PUBLIC BCSNTG AUTHORITY)
  • WLFR (91.7 FM; POMONA, NJ; Owner: STOCKTON STATE COLLEGE)
  • WBHX (99.7 FM; TUCKERTON, NJ; Owner: PRESS COMMUNICATIONS, L.L.C.)
  • WNJS-FM (88.1 FM; BERLIN, NJ; Owner: NEW JERSEY PUBLIC BROADCASTING AUTHORITY)
  • WJSE (102.7 FM; PETERSBURG, NJ; Owner: PARINELLO ENTERPRISES, INC.)
  • WMGQ (98.3 FM; NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ; Owner: THE SENTINEL PUBLISHING CO.)
  • WKXW-FM (101.5 FM; TRENTON, NJ; Owner: MILLENNIUM CENTRAL NEW JERSEY LICENSE HOLDCO, LLC)
  • WNJT-FM (88.1 FM; TRENTON, NJ; Owner: NEW JERSEY PUBLIC BRD/CST AUTHORITY)
  • WPRB (103.3 FM; PRINCETON, NJ; Owner: PRINCETON BROADCASTING SERVICE, INC.)
  • WTHK (94.5 FM; TRENTON, NJ; Owner: NASSAU BROADCASTING II, L.L.C.)

Yes, 100.3 (Z 100) broadcasts from Newark, NJ as a Tri state station.

~~
Someone created Hip-hop in the Bronx the same way someone created light in NJ; The only reason why I see you arguing this point as "not associated" with NJ is because you know it's a better invention than hip hop.

"Someone" didnt create hip hop in the bronx. Hip hop was a result of kool herc,afrika bambaataa(the main source of the culture)grandmaster flash. And most importantly the BRONX URBAN YOUTH. Hip hop is a full culmination of the borough and the city. The light bulb is not And in no way identify's with new jersey. Along with all those radio stations you named. Connecticut radio stations are more well known

Old 12-26-2009, 08:48 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,814,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
"Someone" didnt create hip hop in the bronx. Hip hop was a result of kool herc,afrika bambaataa(the main source of the culture)grandmaster flash. And most importantly the BRONX URBAN YOUTH. Hip hop is a full culmination of the borough and the city. The light bulb is not And in no way identify's with new jersey. Along with all those radio stations you named. Connecticut radio stations are more well known
Again, your arguing valid points.

If it wasn't for Kool Herc moving from Jamaica to The Bronx, the urban youth, or anybody for that matter in The Bronx would of created the hip hop sound.
To self; what would I rather live without, light or hip hop... I think hip hop
There is honestly no point arguing with you if your going to argue out of ignorance and stubbornness.

(BTW, You asked if NJ had radio stations, and I gave you a list of them, who cares if they're known. I'm sure the 8 million+ people in NJ know their own radio stations like the 3 million+ people do in CT... I think by numbers and NJ's location, NJ's stations are more known anyway )
Your hopeless.

Last edited by BPerone201; 12-26-2009 at 09:06 PM..

Old 12-26-2009, 09:08 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,960,487 times
Quite honestly KONY, NJ cares about the Bronx as much as you do about us..............Not much.
Get over it. NJ goes to Manhattan & then goes home.

We simply don't consider the Bronx at all. You are just a reference point to us. No one in NJ sits at home & dreams about moving to the freaking Bronx.
I'll bet a months paycheck more people move FROM the Bronx to NJ than people FROM NJ move to the Bronx (why hustle backwards?).

Last edited by openheads; 12-26-2009 at 09:40 PM..

Old 12-26-2009, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Again, your arguing valid points.

If it wasn't for Kool Herc moving from Jamaica to The Bronx, the urban youth, or anybody for that matter in The Bronx would of created the hip hop sound.
To self; what would I rather live without, light or hip hop... I think hip hop
There is honestly no point arguing with you if your going to argue out of ignorance and stubbornness.

(BTW, You asked if NJ had radio stations, and I gave you a list of them, who cares if they're known. I'm sure the 8 million+ people in NJ know their own radio stations like the 3 million+ people do in CT... I think by numbers and NJ's location, NJ's stations are more known anyway )
Your hopeless.
Dont play yourself. Its commonly known that the bronx is the birthplace. Afrika BAMbaataa created the hip hop sound and culture not kool herc. Dont type on what you dont know. Im from the bronx, my parents grew up in that era. Im not using wikipedia here.
Kool herc moved from jamaica when he was a little kid anyway

If anything a nj station, atleast one, should be known to new yorkers. None are however. Small time dont count either. Im not hopeless its just that your state is cultureless

Old 12-27-2009, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Dont play yourself. Its commonly known that the bronx is the birthplace. Afrika BAMbaataa created the hip hop sound and culture not kool herc. Dont type on what you dont know. Im from the bronx, my parents grew up in that era. Im not using wikipedia here.
Kool herc moved from jamaica when he was a little kid anyway

If anything a nj station, atleast one, should be known to new yorkers. None are however. Small time dont count either. Im not hopeless its just that your state is cultureless
I'll give you that, but it wasn't Afrika or Kool who got Hip hop to its fame and glory. Sugar Hill Gang's (from NJ) Rappers Delight of 1979 was the first hip hop single to ever make it on the top 40, popularizing hip hop across the nation.

The Bronx created it, NJ popularized it.

~
Are you saying that NJ stations only matter if the oh mighty NYers know of them!? Get over yourself!
What a weak argument you just concocted. (besides, NYC stations are infamous for having a lot of commercial play; so whether or not they're known, they suck)

Old 12-27-2009, 09:28 AM

Quote:
I'll give you that, but it wasn't Afrika or Kool who got Hip hop to its fame and glory. Sugar Hill Gang's (from NJ) Rappers Delight of 1979 was the first hip hop single to ever make it on the top 40, popularizing hip hop across the nation.

The Bronx created it, NJ popularized it.

~
Are you saying that NJ stations only matter if the oh mighty NYers know of them!? Get over yourself!
What a weak argument you just concocted. (besides, NYC stations are infamous for having a lot of commercial play; so whether or not they're known, they suck)
Lol at nj popularizing hip hop. Only one of the members were from Englewood, the other two were from the bronx.

And im just saying those radio stations have no relevance in the tristate region. I doubt most jerseyans know those stations

Old 12-27-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Lol at nj popularizing hip hop. Only one of the members were from Englewood, the other two were from the bronx.

And im just saying those radio stations have no relevance in the tristate region. I doubt most jerseyans know those stations
No,
2 of the 3 were born in Englewood. (Englewood is practically my neighbor, and it's well known around here that Hank was the only one who wasn't originally from Englewood)

And I'm just saying who cares whether or not they're broadcasting for the tri state region or not. As long as I got my music, I can care less what NYC is listen too. (but i guess you do )
~

Anyway, we gave you examples of how successfull NJ's culture came out to be even with the disadvantage of having NYC and Philadelphia as neighbors (Long Island has a hard time getting any recognition of culture because of NYC while NJ has done well)

The only people who deny that NJ has culture is the arrogant NYers who think the world revolves around them.

Old 12-27-2009, 09:57 AM

Quote:
No,
2 of the 3 were born in Englewood. (Englewood is practically my neighbor, and it's well known around here that Hank was the only one who wasn't originally from Englewood)

And I'm just saying who cares whether or not they're broadcasting for the tri state region or not. As long as I got my music, I can care less what NYC is listen too. (but i guess you do )
~

Anyway, we gave you examples of how successfull NJ's culture came out to be even with the disadvantage of having NYC and Philadelphia as neighbors (Long Island has a hard time getting any recognition of culture because of NYC while NJ has done well)

The only people who deny that NJ has culture is the arrogant NYers who think the world revolves around them.
Point is they all werent from new jersey. And grandmaster caz wrote their lyrics anyway

I just find it weird that New jersey doesnt have atleast one popular station to be proud of

The point was to see if jersey had more culture than the supposedly "podunk" boroughs of new york city. Idaho has culture of some kind, every state does. I dont see how new jersey is much different than long island culturally

Old 12-27-2009, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Point is they all werent from new jersey. And grandmaster caz wrote their lyrics anyway

I just find it weird that New jersey doesnt have atleast one popular station to be proud of

The point was to see if jersey had more culture than the supposedly "podunk" boroughs of new york city. Idaho has culture of some kind, every state does. I dont see how new jersey is much different than long island culturally
A station to be proud of...
I'm rather close to NYC, so I do get all the same stations you get, but the rest of Jersey (the shore, Trenton area, Warren and Sussex) have their own independent radio stations that they're oh so very "proud" of There's more to the state beyond the NYC metro you know.

Who called the boroughs podunk!? I sure didn't.
Actually, I thought I might enlighten you on something; do you remember the Favorite NYC borough thread? Take a look who voted for the Bronx... yours truly.

Here's my comment,

Quote:
The Bronx because of family, the build up, and the proximity to Manhattan, Jersey, and the rest of NY state.) The Bronx used to be the #1 place to be in NYC around the 50s and 60s.. A lot of it went downhill, but it still is my favorite borough.

I know Morris Park, Throgs Neck, and Clason Point are places i'd live without a doubt if I chose to live in the Bronx.

2nd Choice would go to Manhattan
3rd to Brooklyn
4th to Queens
5th to Staten Island (When i drive from Bayonne/Jersey City into Staten Island.. it's like crossing the bridge into a different county in NJ.. nothing special, it actually seems less urban in SI)
This is proof that I never intentionally disrespected your beloved Bronx. It was your bashing towards NJ that got me "disrespecting" the Bronx. You reap what you sow.

Old 12-27-2009, 07:02 PM

203 posts, read 689,146 times
Own em bperone... I'm an advocate for ppl movin out of this hell hole... The ny ppl see on tv is manhattan thas the only borough that matters
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City