Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2009, 12:25 AM

3,003 posts, read 6,092,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
The Bronx Zoo, Botanical gardens and Yankee Stadium get the majority of their visitors from within the city and close surrounding areas.
Calling them tourists is just fooling yourself.

And on #3 your point is that you don't think anyone from outside NYC should comment? Does that make any sense?
They were refered to as tourist whether they are from the tristate or not. Calling it anything else is just hating. The fact is it gets millions of visits every year, you dont know where ppl are coming from. Stop hating. I proved the boroughs get millions of visitis period

Never said that. But i am weary of people from littlr rock arkansa who've never been to nyc yet feel it neccessary to include themselves in something they know nothing about

Old 12-28-2009, 12:39 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
They were refered to as tourist whether they are from the tristate or not. Calling it anything else is just hating. The fact is it gets millions of visits every year, you dont know where ppl are coming from. Stop hating. I proved the boroughs get millions of visitis period

Never said that. But i am weary of people from littlr rock arkansa who've never been to nyc yet feel it neccessary to include themselves in something they know nothing about
Someone from the Bronx going to the Bronx Zoo or other places you mentioned are referred to as visitors not tourists. Season ticket holders to the Yankees are not tourists.

Calling them tourists is being delusional.

You proved nothing, your arguments are weak.

Many of these people who you assume have never been to NY seem to have more knowledge of it than you.

Using words like "jealous", "haters", etc in an argument shows you have nothing.

As a side note, if you switch to Mozilla Firefox for your web browser it will underline in red all your misspellings as you type. It makes for a much easier to read post.
I believe CD also has a spell checker you can download.

Old 12-28-2009, 12:50 AM

2,561 posts, read 5,813,671 times
Quote:
Someone from the Bronx going to the Bronx Zoo or other places you mentioned are referred to as visitors not tourists. Season ticket holders to the Yankees are not tourists.

Many of these people who you assume have never been to NY seem to have more knowledge of it than you.

Using words like "jealous", "haters", etc in an argument shows you have nothing.

As a side note, if you switch to Mozilla Firefox for your web browser it will underline in red all your misspellings as you type. It makes for a much easier to read post.
I know many outsiders or how ever you want to call them that purchase or lease more expensive properties than 90% of what the locals spend. My ex girlfriend's mom lives In Steamboat Springs Colorado, but she has an eight million dollar condo in Manhattan which she visits about 5-6 times a year.Weekend Warrior status.Pretty common place for many to have a residence in New York for biz or pleasure...not really tourist clasification.

Old 12-28-2009, 01:11 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,103,496 times
Quote:

The 2 most commonly used words by NY'ers with no valid retort.

I still say that New Jersey has been more influential than the boroughs (other than Manhattan). I have yet to see a rational and factual argument to come close to making me change my mind

Old 12-28-2009, 01:18 AM

Quote:

Ok so all the millions going to these attractions are new yorkers? I just finished reading a site where ppl from all over in the US and abroad were raving about yankee stadium.

Your a clown if you think all those people are local, your talking about the biggest team in american sports. Point is it is an attraction, one that gets millions of visitis regardless. Thats why im calling you a hater. Cuz this is very simple and for some reason its not getting through.

Attraction+millions of visitors/touris=thats it. Bringing up how many of those are bronxites or whatever is ridiculous

I dont understand whats weak about that. I dont understand how i have nothing, when i've been providing things for 14 pages.

I find it funny that your hell bent on trying to make the boroughs seem irrelevant its funny.But its not going to work. Where are you from?

Old 12-28-2009, 03:33 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
Ok so all the millions going to these attractions are new yorkers? I just finished reading a site where ppl from all over in the US and abroad were raving about yankee stadium.

Your a clown if you think all those people are local, your talking about the biggest team in american sports. Point is it is an attraction, one that gets millions of visitis regardless. Thats why im calling you a hater. Cuz this is very simple and for some reason its not getting through.

Attraction+millions of visitors/touris=thats it. Bringing up how many of those are bronxites or whatever is ridiculous

I dont understand whats weak about that. I dont understand how i have nothing, when i've been providing things for 14 pages.

I find it funny that your hell bent on trying to make the boroughs seem irrelevant its funny.But its not going to work. Where are you from?
Moderator cut: comment
I never said all the visitors were local just the vast majority.

I guess a little education is in order.

A tourist is defined as a person who travels for pleasure, usually sightseeing and staying in hotels.

Someone who lives in the Bronx and goes to the zoo is visiting the zoo, they are not a tourist.

I never said the other boroughs were irrelevant. I questioned your claim that there were millions visiting all the other boroughs after I said the vast majority stay in Manhattan.

What does my location have to do with anything? I believe it is in the top right corner of each of my posts anyway.

Last edited by Keeper; 12-29-2009 at 06:48 AM..

Old 12-28-2009, 07:12 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,939,050 times
I go to the Bronx zoo once a year since I'm a teacher. Almost all the visitors are tourists. Maybe 25% are school field trips, like us. Also, if most visitors were locals, wouldn't we hear of our neighbors constantly saying they're going to the Bronx zoo??? When I taught for 2 years in the Bronx, I had just ONE student tell me their parents are taking them to the Bronx zoo.

Old 12-28-2009, 08:08 AM

5,251 posts, read 13,818,272 times
Quote:
lol. Like i said in the other thread- "You cant be from New York" I mean every thread u manage to embarass the city. Its like chinese water torture. No true new yorker would whisper the things you post on theses forums.

And to young champ. Millions visit the boroughs each year in tourism. And millions live in the borough. The boroughs on their own can take on small cities idk why ppl got this twisted. It mainly stems from jealousy. Where are you from btw?

EDIT-And i like to add. Most people saying no one visits the boroughs, almost all the time come from STATES or CITIES that no one wants to visit
I'm sure the Bronx-kid is from the Bronx. Why would he say he's from the Bronx and want out If he wasn't really from there? That wouldn't make sense.

The only reason I could imagine people faking there location is because they want to excite themselves by putting a phony desired location.

+1 rep for Bronx-kid for being one of the open minded NYers.

Old 12-28-2009, 08:27 AM

5,251 posts, read 13,818,272 times
Quote:
Your talking this that and the third and still didnt say where your from. I could get all ya information from that alone for obvious reasons.

Never said ppl plan whole trips just to see brooklyn. Im just saying there are enough attractions in the boroughs that get millions of tourist each year, thus you cant come at the boroughs like they dont get it in on their own right. And everybody knows this, people need to stop hating. Theres die hard yankee fans that would trek from anywhere to see a game. Thats what the bronx has. Somebody might not want to go to forest hills. But Jamaica ave is a good shopping district along with fordham road. People from the tristate trek it to both.

The boroughs go hard. Brooklyn,bronx and queens would be top ten cities off population if they were there own cities. All with world class venues and better transportation than actual cities.

Ya need to fall back
Excluding Manhattan, do you really think NJ see's less tourist than the other 4 boroughs?
"Nationally, New Jersey ranks 7th in domestic traveler spending with close to 45 million overnight trips each year."

Old 12-28-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Please, if you are going to call me a clown you should try and have at least one sentence in your post without some kind of spelling or grammatical error.
I never said all the visitors were local just the vast majority.

I guess a little education is in order.

A tourist is defined as a person who travels for pleasure, usually sightseeing and staying in hotels.

Someone who lives in the Bronx and goes to the zoo is visiting the zoo, they are not a tourist.

I never said the other boroughs were irrelevant. I questioned your claim that there were millions visiting all the other boroughs after I said the vast majority stay in Manhattan.

What does my location have to do with anything? I believe it is in the top right corner of each of my posts anyway.
I post really quick and really dont have time to spell check. Your the only person who has had that complaint. Its lame really

I think a little common sense is in store for you. Get it through your skull- People from the bronx are not the vast majority going to these places trust me. Have you ever been to the ny botanical or the bronx zoo. Look around those places you can tell most of these people are not from the bronx. U have to be a clown or a hater to use that as an argument against places that receive millions of visits each year. I dont know why you keep saying that. Any rational person would know that

"I never said the other boroughs were irrelevant. I questioned your claim that there were millions visiting all the other boroughs after I said the vast majority stay in Manhattan."

Ok you questioned it and i proved my case. So?.........................

And to bperone-

I never said the boroughs get more visitis i couldnt call it. The boroughs might not be that far behind..they ight be idk. Jersey is a state. One state vs four countyies. The boroughs are however more culturally significant than than your state.

And the bronx-kidd is hating on his own city, thats not normal. Thats open minded?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City