Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 01:27 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,732,677 times

Advertisements

nj did not invent baseball. i proved that in the other thread, but again:

Quote:
In 1845, the Knickerbocker Club of New York City began using Elysian Fields in Hoboken to play baseball due to the lack of soft grounds on Manhattan.
source:
Origins of baseball - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

read that.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:28 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,090,865 times
If anything yawn to the newark museum. Who goes there, i didnt even know it existed but u know these exist though along with the rest of the world lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJbGpeOEXeY
one of the worlds greatest

Queens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq5P6ilLDjQ

Old 12-23-2009, 01:33 PM

2,705 posts, read 8,270,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
If anything yawn to the newark museum. Who goes there, i didnt even know it existed but u know these exist though along with the rest of the world lol

Queens

YOU may not have any interest in going to the Newark Museum ... just like most adults over the age of 35 don't listen to the hip hop garbage that you INCESSANTLY keep bringing up, LOL.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:34 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,088,142 times
I don't see how a money-losing zoo is such a hard-hitter for you guys lol. Yanks, mos definitely...but the zoo?

Coney Island? I mean...seriously?

The only borough that gives work is Brooklyn and some parts of Qns.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:35 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,814,516 times
Quote:

Queens

This is a lot more interesting then the Bronx zoo IMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvis-puFAXM

Liberty Science Center, Jersey City

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7Q1_C9eZ5k

Old 12-23-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
YOU may not have any interest in going to the Newark Museum ... just like most adults over the age of 35 don't listen to the hip hop garbage that you INCESSANTLY keep bringing up, LOL.
And what's funny is that Newark Museum IS world-renowned for its Tibetan collection.

This guy seems to think that b/c he doesn't associate with it that the rest of the world somehow doesn't.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:44 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,090,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
And what's funny is that Newark Museum IS world-renowned for its Tibetan collection.

This guy seems to think that b/c he doesn't associate with it that the rest of the world somehow doesn't.
First of all.

1. It makes no sense even bringing up the newark museum. When brooklyn and queens have more world class museums. And the newark museum is not as world recognized as them nor anything else i posted in this thread so far

2. The bronx zoo(said this so many times) is the biggest metropolitan zoo in the united states. And is new yorks premier zoo. PLZ dont embarass yourself by comparing a world class venue to Six flags lol

3. The queens science center is more recognized than the one you posted. Didnt even knew that one exist either just like the rest of america

Old 12-23-2009, 01:50 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,732,677 times
queens:
flushing's chinatown is almost larger than manhattan's chinatown.
the mets. eh. its still more than jersey has.
the most diverse area OF OUR COUNTRY and one of the most diverse areas IN THE WORLD.
birthplace of run dmc, russell simmons, ll cool j, etc.

Quote:
Were each borough an independent city, Brooklyn and Queens would be the fourth- and fifth-largest cities in the United States, respectively. If Queens were its own city it would be the fourth largest by population in the U.S.
source: wiki

the tallest skyscraper outside of manhattan is in queens.
home of JFK airport which is a major airport in the u.s.
LGA as well. you know about LGA so i don't have to go into that.

adding on to the above:

Quote:
The economy of Queens is based on tourism, industry, and trade. Because the New York metropolitan area has three major airports, the airspace overhead is among the busiest and most regulated in the world. John F. Kennedy International Airport, alongside Jamaica Bay, is the country's busiest airport in terms of international travelers. La Guardia Airport, on the East River, mostly serves eastern North America.
source: wiki

our population:
Quote:
Queens has the largest Asian American population-by-county outside of the Western United States
Quote:
The 2000 census showed that the borough is home to the largest concentration of Indian-Americans in the nation, with a total population of 129,715 (5.79% of the borough population),[64] as well as Pakistani-Americans, who number 15,604.[65] Queens has the second largest Sikh population in the nation after California.
do you like
ugly betty?
30 rock?
did you watch all in the family back in the day?
sesame street??

oh ok. all in queens. yep.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
First of all.

1. It makes no sense even bringing up the newark museum. When brooklyn and queens have more world class museums. And the newark museum is not as world recognized as them nor anything else i posted in this thread so far

2. The bronx zoo(said this so many times) is the biggest metropolitan zoo in the united states. And is new yorks premier zoo. PLZ dont embarass yourself by comparing a world class venue to Six flags lol

3. The queens science center is more recognized than the one you posted. Didnt even knew that one exist either just like the rest of america

You just don't get it. I've noticed that you don't really argue valid points, you argue on emotion (hence your said reason for creating this thread). All you say is:

well this is more world-renowned than this (no proof), and don't bring this up, b/c it's not as known as this (no proof)

And how do I know this you do this? Because the Liberty Science Center is THE most visited science center in the metro-area. BUT, you'll sit there and just say: "oh the Queens science center is more recognized"

only by you sir, only by you.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:59 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,814,516 times
Quote:
First of all.

1. It makes perfect sense. It makes sense because you keep on stating that NJ doesn't have much of any culturally significance, but when I show you NJ's culture you brush it away like it doesn't exist or it's not "important" or "well known" enough for your ignorant standards. You're basically just letting NJ win this one.

2. San Diego Zoo is bigger and better. And whether or not the Bronx Zoo is a world class venue, people only go there to look at wild animals just like people do at six flags wild safari. And if that's considered one of The Bronx top "world class venues" then your just proving my point the the Bronx can't compare to NNJ.

3. I never knew about the Queens science center.. But it obviously still exist and exerts culture, that I"M aware of. How does the Liberty Science Center in Jersey City serve any less of a culture importance?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City