Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: LA vs Toronto
Los Angeles 277 56.30%
Toronto 215 43.70%
Voters: 492. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 12:39 AM

15 posts, read 29,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMR23 View Post
Uh yeah, and u can catch a train in LA too.
L.A.'s public transit is crap. It is sparse and infrequent. In theory you COULD live there without a car, but it would be very inconvenient for most people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2011, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticGermanicPride View Post
well i removed the videos, but yes it was nightlife. life at night, dozens of party goers hanging out at random gas stations at 3 am, crazy mofos burning rubber, it's all a part of the atmosphere. you want sophistication, go to the clubs. but all of that is what goes on outside the clubs.
Man, the nightlife must really suck there if people have nothing better to do at 3am than hang out at gas stations. lololol.

Old 03-20-2011, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX_LAX View Post
No, what I said was total number. Not on a percentage basis.
Well obviously a city with a far larger population is going to have more immigrants. That's a stupid comparison. That's like saying Canada on the whole is more "international" because Canada has more immigrants than L.A.

That is why we use percentages. To account for the differences in population. I can't believe I'm having to explain this to you.

Old 03-20-2011, 12:50 AM

92 posts, read 155,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TO Man View Post
No. Toronto has lots of parties that go until 5am or later. I explained that earlier in the thread, but I guess you can't read.
I lived in Toronto for quite a few years, and while its a perfectly "nice" city it is not a major party destination. See those of us with stamps in our passports (or passports at all) know that you have to leave North America to actually find a suitable city to party in.

Like I said you are on city data at 2-3am and I was just rolling home at 5, which was early here in Berlin. Stop trying to play off Toronto as some second coming of Rio during Carnival, it is a bore, bottom line. A bore with a 2am last call at that.

Old 03-20-2011, 12:56 AM

3,717 posts, read 8,186,790 times
Pretty much every major city in the us has an el/subway system now. But as far as LA area goes, can you catch a train from Compton to Hollywood? That would be interesting.

Old 03-20-2011, 01:23 AM

2,918 posts, read 5,608,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
Pretty much every major city in the us has an el/subway system now. But as far as LA area goes, can you catch a train from Compton to Hollywood? That would be interesting.
get on the blue line, switch to red line at metro center.

but LA does have bad public transport right now, no denying that. needs another 20 yrs at least i think. LA metro rail will never be comparable to the NYC subway, but it will be the second largest in the country (daily ridership) at some point in the future, within 10 years if the 30/10 plan is actually approved.

Last edited by foadi; 03-20-2011 at 01:31 AM..

Old 03-20-2011, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardman View Post
I lived in Toronto for quite a few years, and while its a perfectly "nice" city it is not a major party destination. See those of us with stamps in our passports (or passports at all) know that you have to leave North America to actually find a suitable city to party in.

Like I said you are on city data at 2-3am and I was just rolling home at 5, which was early here in Berlin. Stop trying to play off Toronto as some second coming of Rio during Carnival, it is a bore, bottom line. A bore with a 2am last call at that.
So because I wasn't out partying last night means Toronto isn't a great party city? LOLOL @ your logic.

And you are lying when I said I was trying to play Toronto off as something else. What I said is that there are lots of parties that go until 5am or later.

And for the record I've been to Britain, Scotland, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Holland, and Belgium. So don't try to imply I'm not well-travelled, because you'd be lying.

Old 03-20-2011, 01:33 AM

nightlife is lame in both cities.

Old 03-20-2011, 01:57 AM

depends man, theres different pricing tiers for ladyboys doing the P4P thing. if you pick one up in a bar in nana plaza or something it will be more expensive, if you pick one up from outside, just walking down sukhumvit or something, it will be significantly less expensive.

just be sure not to drink at all and stay in a hotel with safe in room, ladyboys are not to be trusted bro. they will rip you off if given the chance.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:54 PM

1,654 posts, read 5,855,640 times
That last picture definitely convinced me. I'm sold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City