Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: LA vs Toronto
Los Angeles 277 56.30%
Toronto 215 43.70%
Voters: 492. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 04:57 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,410,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticGermanicPride View Post
yeah, sure, you're a genius, miami's nightlife must really suck. whoever thinks toronto can come anywhere near miami's level when it comes to partying is the biggest idiot on the face of the earth. toronto's nightlife is more on chicago's level if that, not ny or miami.

whoa whoa whoa did someone try to say miami nightlife is below?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2011, 08:27 AM

92 posts, read 155,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX_LAX View Post
Anyways, do you actually think Toronto is a bigger party destination than L.A.? That's completely foolish. If there's one Canadian city known for its nightlife, it would be Montreal and even then I would not put it on the level of New York, Miami, Las Vegas, or Los Angeles.
I agree that Montreal is the premier nightlife destination in Canada, Toronto cannot compete on any level. I do disagree though that Montreal cannot matchup to LA and Las Vegas (Miami and NYC I will give you, but its close) I find Montreal alot more interesting at night than both of those cities.

Old 03-21-2011, 04:50 PM

1,103 posts, read 2,261,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ#1 View Post
If you go to Toronto's main nightlife hotspots, like Entertainment District, Little Italy, and The Annex, you'll see FAR, FAR, FAR more people hanging out and walking around at night than you'll see anywhere in Florida. Not to mention Miami Beach is the only happening area in Miami after midnight, while Toronto has multiple nightclub/nightlife districts.
which total up to about the same amount of the city, probably less, as miami beach is to miami and the vegas strip to vegas. only an idiot would believe cities are popping on every square inch of the city. as if the whole city lives above a &$*#ing nightclub.

Quote:
Miami's new tourist slogan: "Come party at our late-night gas stations".
yeah, sure...

Old 03-21-2011, 05:18 PM

1,103 posts, read 2,261,999 times
Quote:
It's not to who? Of course it's not as popular to Americans, because most Americans are ignorant and have never been here. And even if they are familiar and have heard about the nightlife here, most Americans don't even have a passport, so they can't come here.
yeah, it's us. and that whole passport to canada thing is brand new. so don't act like it's the reason why nobody &%cks with toronto.

Quote:
And you Americans overrate Miami because it's in your country. EXACTLY the same as you're accusing me of overrating Toronto because I'm from Canada. Do you not see how hypocritical you are? Of course you don't, lol.
no, we rate miami the way it should be. it's rated for what it is.

Quote:
You mean like how you're overrating America's nightlife because you're from America? I agree.
i'm overrating american nightlife by saying miami, ny, and vegas have better nightlife than toronto? right.....

Quote:
No, but it's still better than Miami.
wasn't it you who said "not that i'm saying toronto's nightlife is better than miami's" or something along those lines earlier in the thread? what was that supposed to mean? now you're changing your tune? make up your mind, indecisive little swagger jacker.

Old 03-21-2011, 05:29 PM

181 posts, read 302,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticGermanicPride View Post
yeah, it's us. and that whole passport to canada thing is brand new. so don't act like it's the reason why nobody &%cks with toronto.
You still continue to not cite any of your "facts" with sources or statistics. Thousands of people from outside Toronto come to the city for the nightlife every single weekend, so you're lying. Show me your proof that "nobody $#cks with toronto.

And answer the question that I've asked you repeatedly: What areas of Toronto were you walking around at night when you said you saw less nightlife than Miami. I think you're lying when you say you've even been to Toronto. Just answer the question. You were probably hanging out at some gas station in Scarborough wondering where all the people were. LOLOL. Troll.

Quote:
no, we rate miami the way it should be. it's rated for what it is.
No. You said that us Canadians overrate Toronto because it's in our country. That means that you overrate Miami because it's in your country. You can't have it both ways dummy. Either we overrate our cities AND you overrate your cities, or neither of us overrate our own cities.

YOU are the one who said people overrate cities in their own country. I'm not the one who said that. YOU DID. Your own statement means that as an American, you overrate American cities.

Quote:
i'm overrating american nightlife by saying miami, ny, and vegas have better nightlife than toronto? right.....
YOU are the one who said people overrate cities in their own country. I'm just going by what you said.

Quote:
wasn't it you who said "not that i'm saying toronto's nightlife is better than miami's" or something along those lines earlier in the thread?
If you could actually read, I said that any city where people hang out at gas stations has a sad nightlife, because if it did have a strong nightlife, people wouldn't have to hang at gas stations. I didn't initially say anything about Miami, and didn't even know what city the dummy who boasted about "people hanging out at gas stations" at 3am was talking about. I don't know if people in Miami really do chill out at gas stations at 3am or not.

Hell, I'm not even the one who mentioned Miami in the first place. Why would I when it's Toronto vs. L.A.

Old 03-23-2011, 06:04 PM

182 posts, read 454,687 times
Quote:
You still continue to not cite any of your "facts" with sources or statistics. Thousands of people from outside Toronto come to the city for the nightlife every single weekend, so you're lying. Show me your proof that "nobody $#cks with toronto.

And answer the question that I've asked you repeatedly: What areas of Toronto were you walking around at night when you said you saw less nightlife than Miami. I think you're lying when you say you've even been to Toronto. Just answer the question. You were probably hanging out at some gas station in Scarborough wondering where all the people were. LOLOL. Troll.

No. You said that us Canadians overrate Toronto because it's in our country. That means that you overrate Miami because it's in your country. You can't have it both ways dummy. Either we overrate our cities AND you overrate your cities, or neither of us overrate our own cities.

YOU are the one who said people overrate cities in their own country. I'm not the one who said that. YOU DID. Your own statement means that as an American, you overrate American cities.

YOU are the one who said people overrate cities in their own country. I'm just going by what you said.

If you could actually read, I said that any city where people hang out at gas stations has a sad nightlife, because if it did have a strong nightlife, people wouldn't have to hang at gas stations. I didn't initially say anything about Miami, and didn't even know what city the dummy who boasted about "people hanging out at gas stations" at 3am was talking about. I don't know if people in Miami really do chill out at gas stations at 3am or not.

Hell, I'm not even the one who mentioned Miami in the first place. Why would I when it's Toronto vs. L.A.
yo MJ#1 ur the BEST MAN UR THE BEST, Everything i wanted to say, lol u said it for me lol, ur the goodam best, overrate, but its true, they have 308 mil junk people, wanting to overrate some **** small city.

Old 03-23-2011, 06:10 PM

994 posts, read 1,830,956 times
I really don't understand some members on this board. City-data is an american website, chock full of Americans so expect what you are getting if you don't like it, I suggest you start your own canadian version of city-data. It's really annoying, for complaining about Americans the way you guys do, I am surprised that you would want particpate in these forums. As an example why the hell would I join a Republican forum website when I am liberal and a democrat. If you can't keep the coversation intelligent and peaceful, then what the hell are you doing here?

Also I am very aware there also American trolls, but I don't like foreigners coming here and telling us what is wrong with us, and blah blah blah.

Old 03-23-2011, 06:18 PM

6,695 posts, read 9,947,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihos501 View Post
yo MJ#1 ur the BEST MAN UR THE BEST, Everything i wanted to say, lol u said it for me lol, ur the goodam best, overrate, but its true, they have 308 mil junk people, wanting to overrate some **** small city.
SERIOUSLY! California has more people than Canada. That's a shame.

Old 03-23-2011, 06:26 PM

1,654 posts, read 5,855,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
SERIOUSLY! California has more people than Canada. That's a shame.
How is that a shame? What are you, 12? The lack of maturity in this board is unfathomable.

Old 03-23-2011, 06:32 PM

6,695 posts, read 9,947,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThroatGuzzler View Post
How is that a shame? What are you, 12? The lack of maturity in this board is unfathomable.
WOW, you refuse to say that to the person that said "they have 308 mil junk people".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City