Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city do you feel is bashed the most in general?
New York City 7 15.56%
Chicago 6 13.33%
L.A 23 51.11%
Other 9 20.00%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 11:33 AM

2,561 posts, read 5,830,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
LA, NYC and Chicago are bashed. But, really what city on city-data isn't bashed?

It really annoys me when people on this site say "those places are just expensive and crowded"

Ugh..... that is what a city is suppose to be like.

Big cities are expesnive because they provide entertainment. Big cities are crowded because that is what makes it a city

If you dont like it then stay in Mayberry and close your mouth

Or you could just move to Aspen Colorado which is more expensive than NYC,LA OR Chicago..this little Colorado town offers a great art/cultural scene, five star nightlife, beautiful people/w pristine surroundings and no traffic jams/crime.. Vail/Telluride..Jackson Hole Wyoming are some other nice Mayberry's

Last edited by Scott5280; 04-28-2009 at 11:50 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 11:59 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,290,346 times
It really goes in phases.

I noticed last fall there was a TON of Houston bashing going on. The past few months or so there was a TON of Chicago bashing going on.

Then you get the LA bashing which shows itself in the mix as well, although I notice NYC gets a lot less. It's on such a different level though, it's kinda hard to compare.

It's more interesting to see areas that tend to NOT get bashed. San Fran, Seattle and Boston seem to fit that mix.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:31 PM

464 posts, read 1,082,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
I believe you have every right & credibility to post negatively on Chicago because you live there. But the attacks on your city can get ridiculous & are unfounded. I think the 3 largest cities get the most negativity because of people's envy. Ironically most have never even been in Chicago yet criticize it for unsubstantiated things & exaggerations. I know I read enough hate posts on Los Angeles to turn my stomach
He isn't from Chicago. He lies about living here lol.

Old 04-29-2009, 05:06 PM

399 posts, read 557,259 times
Chicago is a beautiful city. I guess why it tends to be disregarded is because its in the mid-west. And kind of "Fly-over" country. Washington D.C or Boston can bare more importance and get more media attention.

Los Angeles and NYC are the Media/Fashion/Entertainment Capitals of the world. Which is why they are a huge deal over the world. If some of the media managed to move to Chicago, perhaps there might be a demand. But the city is beautiful in its own way. Personally if demand increases, so do rents and cost of living. Etc. Why would we want that? lol.

Old 04-29-2009, 05:33 PM

2,498 posts, read 11,463,363 times
Favorite things about each of these three (I LOVE these threads when we can say something nice)!!!

New York City: The ultimate urban paradise in the USA, great public transit, beautiful setting on rivers, the pride of its people, a pulse about it that can't be really described but is just awesome.

Los Angeles: Love the collection of urban "villages" that each have their own feel, my favorite type of weather, like the beaches, like skiing in mountains.

Chicago: I like the location up against Lake Michigan, great skyline, less expensive than other two, good public transit, a different culture than the coastal cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City