Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which region is overall better?
U.S. west coast 198 49.38%
U.S. east coast 203 50.62%
Voters: 401. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 08:55 PM

149 posts, read 162,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollster31 View Post
why are cali people so interested in our ethnicities. I thought it was supposed to be some paradise where everyone sings songs and holds hands while looking at the sky dreaming about unicorns?

Swear, all they think about is race all the time.

exactly & the last poster just confirmed what you stated so culturally exposed but so intolerant.who's thick headed???

Old 07-20-2011, 09:07 PM

1,800 posts, read 3,915,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowincal11 View Post
Whatever. Philly hasn't been a first rate city since the mid 20th century. That title has belonged to NYC, Chicago, and LA with LA now #2 and Chicago #3.

Aside from good Italian and Jewish food and cheesesteaks and pretzels, there really isn't much going on. The nightlife is ok, but nothing spectacular. The history is cool, but you can see it in a day. Entire swaths of the city are crime infested filth pits, which is really a shame since there is so much civic pride.

Reminds me of a play on the old Philadelphia slogan: Remember our past, experience our future, forget about our present.
Doesn't surprise me you are from there.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:14 PM

1,449 posts, read 2,190,850 times
Quote:
Whatever. Philly hasn't been a first rate city since the mid 20th century. That title has belonged to NYC, Chicago, and LA with LA now #2 and Chicago #3.

Aside from good Italian and Jewish food and cheesesteaks and pretzels, there really isn't much going on. The nightlife is ok, but nothing spectacular. The history is cool, but you can see it in a da. Entire swaths of the city are crime infested filth pits, which is really a shame since there is so much civic pride.

Reminds me of a play on the old Philadelphia slogan: Remember our past, experience our future, forget about our present.
Without San Franciscos aesthetically pleasing looks, its just a dump full of stinking bums and is just lame and uninteresting.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:16 PM

149 posts, read 162,166 times
Quote:

Aside from good Italian and Jewish food and cheesesteaks and pretzels, there really isn't much going on. The nightlife is ok, but nothing spectacular. The history is cool, but you can see it in a da. Entire swaths of the city are crime infested filth pits, which is really a shame since there is so much civic pride.

Nobody is California dreamin anymore that whole Malibu Barbie dreamhouse SunTanTom cheeh & chong Hollywood Blvd. thing is over withn all the smog gangs illegals bankrupcy foreclosures & businesses shutting down looks like San Andreas is all you've got.The most significant thing from Cali is Gold's Gym & AHHNOLD...although I did like him when he was big in in the eighties along with CALI.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:16 PM

36,664 posts, read 67,579,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollster31 View Post
wow you cali people are getting desperate. face it: east coast is the beast coast. no one can take us down! we dont think about you, but you all sure as hell think about us
Nope, you've create threads about the Bay Area because of your envy.

//www.city-data.com/forum/city-...ton-vs-sf.html

Please get over it. You will never be us.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:17 PM

36,664 posts, read 67,579,201 times
All of these New Yorker wannabes are quite sad really.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephi215 View Post
Without San Franciscos aesthetically pleasing looks, its just a dump full of stinking bums and is just lame and uninteresting.
Don't live in SF. Maybe it's true, maybe it isn't.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly born Jersey raised View Post
Nobody is California dreamin anymore that whole Malibu Barbie dreamhouse SunTanTom cheeh & chong Hollywood Blvd. thing is over withn all the smog gangs illegals bankrupcy foreclosures & businesses shutting down looks like San Andreas is all you've got.The most significant thing from Cali is Gold's Gym & AHHNOLD...although I did like him when he was big in in the eighties along with CALI.
So the fact that Philly has lost 30% of its population and the city is one stop away from falling into utter chaos means something?

Old 07-20-2011, 09:32 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,961,911 times
Quote:
So the fact that Philly has lost 30% of its population and the city is one stop away from falling into utter chaos means something?

I know people get dinged for discussing history for Philly - but your comment relates to when, 30-40 years ago?

Old 07-20-2011, 09:33 PM

2,957 posts, read 6,479,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Guess who this book is about....
I'm trying to stay out of this one right now b/c its gotten kind of out of hand, but this was just too funny lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.