Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which region is overall better?
U.S. west coast 198 49.38%
U.S. east coast 203 50.62%
Voters: 401. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 08:28 PM

161 posts, read 182,902 times

Advertisements

why are cali people so interested in our ethnicities. i thought it was supposed to be some paradise where everyone sings songs and holds hands while looking at the sky dreaming about unicorns?

swear, all they think about is race all the time.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:32 PM

149 posts, read 162,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowincal11 View Post
But...But...I thought Philly was so diverse people from all ethnicities and from all over the world are constantly walking down the street whereas Cali is all whites and Mexicans.
Unlike the west coast are demographic is constantly changing & the minorities are always swapping neighbrohoods although yeah you've got main influences but there not in your face.If you come over here you might have an ear eye & throat Doc as a Jew but a Brazilian might sell you a cell phone.So it's all over the place now.Italians do have ther own neighborhood near the Marina not to far from where the rocky statue used to be & the Vets stadium ...but anyway you question me all you want I choose WAWA anyday over Winchels.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:34 PM

1,800 posts, read 3,918,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly born Jersey raised View Post
Unlike the west coast are demographic is constantly changing & the minorities are always swapping neighbrohoods although yeah you've got main influences but there not in your face.If you come over here you might have an ear eye & throat Doc as a Jew but a Brazilian might sell you a cell phone.So it's all over the place now.Italians do have ther own neighborhood near the Marina not to far from where the rocky statue used to be & the Vets stadium ...but anyway you question me all you want I choose WAWA anyday over Winchels.
You didn't answer my question. What ethnicity are you?

Old 07-20-2011, 08:42 PM

Quote:
That's funny considering the last time I was in Philly I went to the ball game and the people sitting behind us were constantly making fun of those from South Jersey who think they are from Philly.
Yeah that's funny & probably happened but Jersey has there own thing going on & Philly definitely gives South Jersey a hard time @ times & vice versa when they com over here.But yeah they have close ties to each other so never try to play one against the other in a real life scenerario you'll get tag teamed.You go to a Phillies game & now your an expert I got family from S.West off of Bartram ave & I hang there all the time no problems also got Family in N. East & Cheltenham NO PROBLEMS & if anything Jersey is more like NY not Philly to different styles.Nice try

Old 07-20-2011, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Yeah that's funny & probably happened but Jersey has there own thing going on & Philly definitely gives South Jersey a hard time @ times & vice versa when they com over here.But yeah they have close ties to each other so never try to play one against the other in a real life scenerario you'll get tag teamed.You go to a Phillies game & now your an expert I got family from S.West off of Bartram ave & I hang there all the time no problems also got Family in N. East & Cheltenham NO PROBLEMS & if anything Jersey is more like NY not Philly to different styles.Nice try
And again. What ethnicity are you?

Old 07-20-2011, 08:45 PM

Quote:
You didn't answer my question. What ethnicity are you?
What ethnicity are you????A little personal for a forum right that's a first

Old 07-20-2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:
And again. What ethnicity are you?
Where are you going now You Cali guys are all over the place man.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:52 PM

Quote:
What ethnicity are you????A little personal for a forum right that's a first
You obviously don't know rules over here & probably never spent much time ...YOU DON'T GET PERSONAL.But i'll adress if you fill me in on our background & where going with this but you seem to be gettin personal & off topic of discussion.Reaching are we???

Old 07-20-2011, 08:52 PM

Whatever. Philly hasn't been a first rate city since the mid 20th century. That title has belonged to NYC, Chicago, and LA with LA now #2 and Chicago #3.

Aside from good Italian and Jewish food and cheesesteaks and pretzels, there really isn't much going on. The nightlife is ok, but nothing spectacular. The history is cool, but you can see it in a da. Entire swaths of the city are crime infested filth pits, which is really a shame since there is so much civic pride.

Reminds me of a play on the old Philadelphia slogan: Remember our past, experience our future, forget about our present.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:53 PM

I'm not going anywhere you just seem to be such an expert on the racial and ethnic dynamics of Philly, a large part of the East Coast, and the West Coast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.