Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 11:14 AM

17,998 posts, read 9,066,741 times

Advertisements

People on this board are always bashing the South( I admit I do that to) people,culture,mentality etc.. So I thought I would give a chance for people to express why they hate the North.

I live in the North and love it here and I would love to hear from others( especially from the South) why they hate the North.

Old 05-03-2009, 11:19 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,228,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
People on this board are always bashing the South( I admit I do that to) people,culture,mentality etc.. So I thought I would give a chance for people to express why they hate the North.

I live in the North and love it here and I would love to hear from others( especially from the South) why they hate the North.
The people, the density,weather, the violence, the crowds,etc

Old 05-03-2009, 11:19 AM

806 posts, read 2,960,971 times
I don't hate the North at all. Nor do I hate the South.

Could I make some bullcrap list of negative things? Sure. I realize that just as quickly someone could do the same thing against the South.

I don't care if my Southern friends on this forum make a list, however-- its about time we got some revenge for all the crap we've gotten.

I guess I do hate the cold..

Old 05-03-2009, 11:28 AM

10,239 posts, read 19,614,993 times
Quote:

Best reason I can think of is because the North is full of yankees! BWHAHAHAHAHA

*AHEM* Ok...ok...I am just joking! Hell, my own kids are "half-northern"

Seriously, much as I kid about it, my own experiences when visiting in the northern states have been very enjoyable. Other than that folks up there talk funny (couldn't resist that one!) ...I encountered nothing but friendly people (ok...perhaps more "reserved" than we Southerners in casual encounters) and good times!

Last edited by TexasReb; 05-03-2009 at 11:36 AM..

Old 05-03-2009, 11:28 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,519,144 times
I only hate the outrageous taxes up North

Old 05-03-2009, 11:31 AM

3,235 posts, read 8,720,675 times
taxes taxes taxes

Old 05-03-2009, 11:31 AM

12,384 posts, read 28,527,896 times
the cold and snow

Old 05-03-2009, 11:38 AM

17,998 posts, read 9,066,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
Best reason I can think of is because the North is full of yankees! BWHAHAHAHAHA

*AHEM* Ok...ok...I am just joking! Hell, my own kids are "half-northern"

Seriously, much as I kid about it, my own experiences when visiting in the northern states has been very enjoyable. Other than that folks up there talk funny...I encountered nothing but friendly people (ok...perhaps more "reserved" than we Southerners in casual encounters) and good times!
I'm glad you enjoyed your journey to the northern states.

what you said about Yankees kind of reminds me of an unpleasant encounter I had while traveling through Alabama one time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by garmin239 View Post
taxes taxes taxes
the taxes arent as bad as they are made out to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
the cold and snow

I love my coldness and lots of snow!(seriously I love the cooler weather!) Nothing like making snow angels and snow ball wars!!

Old 05-03-2009, 11:46 AM

12,384 posts, read 28,527,896 times
Quote:

what you said about Yankees kind of reminds me of an unpleasant encounter I had while traveling through Alabama one time.

I love my coldness and lots of snow!(seriously I love the cooler weather!) Nothing like making snow angels and snow ball wars!!
It was OK for me for the first few weeks, then it gets old. Easier to deal with the heat though esp if you don't have a car.

Old 05-03-2009, 11:46 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,519,144 times
Quote:

Yeah right, just ask any NY'er
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City