Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 10:48 AM

120 posts, read 209,496 times

Advertisements

You can't put a city in the top 5, maybe 10, if it doens't have all four professional sports (sorry LA).

This thread is also about cities (sorry, Greenbay).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2012, 12:33 PM

3,647 posts, read 8,334,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago'sFinest View Post
What? The Bulls routinely finish in the top 3 for attendance EVERY season. There was even a season where the Bulls finished 41-41 and still led the league in attendance. Anyone who says Bulls fans are real have never been to Chicago. Bulls fans are realer than any fanbase. You wanna see fake fans go to Miami.

Bulls ATTENDANCE RANK
2004: 3rd
2005: 2nd
2006: 2nd
2007: 1st
2008: 2nd
2009: 2nd
2010: 1st
2011: 1st
2012: 1st

And as far as the Hawks go, the reason why they're more popular is because they have a better tv deal now where all 82 games are on TV. It was not like that in the past. That tv deal has more to do with them being popular than anything. Their current ownership took that team to places that the pass ****ty front office couldnt and it aint all about the wins.

As far as baseball goes, I was born and raised on the Southside and this is OUR TOWN. **** the Chicago Scrubs. We run this town, White Sox fans run this city. Southsiders bully Northsiders and Chicago is our's, Cubs are a lame team for drunk transplants and suburbanites. I dont give a **** about the Cubs. They're fans are jerks that get slapped around by Sox fans during crosstown. Crosstown is hectic, not only do we beat the Cubs usually on the field but when it comes to Cub-White Sox fan fistfights we kick their asses as well EVERY YEAR. **** the Cubs, Chicago hates eachother in baseball. Im a Bulls, White Sox, Bears, and Blackhawk fan. I love my city I love ALL Chicago sports teams except those losers on the Northside. God knows I hate that team on the Northside. I hate the Scrubs more than I hate the Packers, Knicks, Heat, Pistons, Red Wings, Canucks etc and God knows I HATE the Green Bay Packers with all my heart. But ya know what? I would rather see the Packers win a Super Bowl or Knicks win the NBA Finals than see the Chicago Scrubs win a World Series. God forbid they ever lift a WS trophy in my lifetime. I hope they NEVER win anything for the rest of my life. God knows us White Sox fans hate the Cubs with all our heart and soul.

Cubs at White Sox Crosstown Classic Brawl 6/22 - YouTube

Huge Cubs/White Sox Crosstown Classic Punching Brawl 6/28/08 - YouTube

White sox vs cubs fight 6/29/08 - YouTube

Crosstown Classic is ALWAYS a warzone. And Crosstown is going to be crazy this year again, expect more fights, more chaos, more White Sox wins, more Cub fans getting their asses kicked, etc. WE RUN THIS TOWN. Bulls-Bears-Sox-Hawks NO SCRUBS ALLOWED.

Sox and Cubs Fan Argue For Superiority - YouTube

A Crosstown Classic Story Movie Part 1 - YouTube

A Crosstown Classic Story Movie Part 2 - YouTube

A Crosstown Classic Story Movie Part 3 - YouTube

Old 02-24-2012, 02:53 PM

958 posts, read 1,202,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago'sFinest View Post
I showed you attendance and you made excuses, you dont know much about Chicago at all and I can tell. Ask Pacer, Buck, and Piston fans about us. And I dont root for the Bulls because they win, I root for the Bulls because Im from Chicago. Ive been a White Sox fan since I was 10 years old and at that point they hadnt won ****. So if I was rooting on teams only because they win, I'd never have grown up a White Sox fan. Bears havent won a Super Bowl since 1985, but still popular and have sold out EVERY single game for several decades.

And your salty that the Hawks stopped the Flyers in the Stanley Cup so I understand your Blackhawk hate. Your team is no in the history books for the 2010 running ups and you'll never shake that. No one remembers the loser just the champions I know it sucks. But Ill let you think that Hawk fans are bandwagoners even though the Blackhawks were in the playoffs practically every year of the 1990's with Ed Belfour, Chris Chelios, and Jeremy Roenick and even went to a Stanley Cup. Ill let you think the Hawks are all championship bandwagoners even though the Blackhawks were just in the Western Conference Finals the year before they even won the Cup. Yep, none of that happened, Hawk fans never existed.

I root for the Bulls because Im from Chicago. What happened before Jordan is irrelevant to people like me who were born in the 80's. I cant be
a fan of a team of a certain era if Im not even alive for that era. Oh and the Sixers have been in the league since the 40's. Dont matter where they moved to, they are older than the Bulls. Bulls stunk in the early 2000's for a few years and still were packing arenas. Our fanbase never drifted dramatically like your's did after Allen Iverson left, if there's any bandwagoners it's you guys. Why arent yall half as popular as yall were when Iverson was there yet we still are as popular as we ever have been? Ive never heard of the Sixers finishing below .500 and leading the league in attendance. But we did.
The only one making excuses here is you. You point out attendance for years that were mostly competitive years, years that weren't all that long after Jordan did what he did. Show me the attendance for before those years. Actually, I do know quite a bit about your fans, and what exactly do a bunch of random Midwestern nobody fanbases have to do with whether or not you're full of bandwagons? You're 20. You've never seen a Bulls team that lost for enough consecutive years. The Bears as I pointed out, and the Cubs/White Sox are the only teams that have die-hard fans. That doesn't make a real sports city. Also, so do the Eagles who have never once won a Superbowl.

Salty? Man you're trying way too hard. Your overrated team got a whole lot of calls and we didn't, and you all cheated and played dirty, but the fact is that the Flyers didn't deserve to win the way they were playing. You're salty because I called out your bandwagon fan base and because the Flyers have never not had good attendance. Keep trying to deflect that onto me all you like though.

Actually, it in fact does matter when they moved to Philadelphia. Before the Sixers, there was the Warriors, and the Nationals were in Syracuse.

No they didn't, and by the way, that was only a few years after Jordan made the team a dynasty so please don't ever try to act like it had been light-years since then.

Actually, our fanbase has been strong ever since the 60s. You somehow seem to think that people not being able to afford overpriced tickets or not wanting to go has anything to do with whether or not they're die-hard fans. Iverson's Sixers brought people in from the suburbs and people who aren't real basketball fans and only wanted to be entertained for the most part. The Sixers with Andre Miller brought in real Sixers fans. Also, Iverson didn't even remotely make the Sixers popular; he made his jersey popular. The Sixers have had a very large, die-hard fanbase since the 60s. In that time they have only won ONE Finals and have not been continuously competitive the way the Bulls have from Jordan to today, yet they have a very large die-hard fanbase. People here, the real fans at least, don't like watching a team with Iverson or any other selfish ballhog on it. We didn't want Carmelo Anthony, we don't want Lou Williams, and we can't stand the clueless people who write about the Sixers and represent our fanbase.

Ah, once again trying to act like it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that your team has barely not been competitive every single year since the late 80s. Nice try. Sorry but you get absolutely no credit from me.

Old 03-04-2012, 01:07 AM

269 posts, read 418,158 times
Any excuses for the Blackhawks not selling out even when they were bad?

Old 03-04-2012, 01:10 AM

269 posts, read 418,158 times
Im an NYer, and as far as NY goes, the most LOYAL fans are definitely Giants and Rangers.

Even Francesa thinks so.

Old 03-25-2012, 01:49 AM

167 posts, read 269,456 times
I think pound for pound, Chicago is the best sports city. The fans are loyal and passionate, but not douchey and entitled like Boston and New York. It's also the only city to follow the hierarchy of football/baseball/basketball/hockey, each sport getting a healthy dose of attention and support.

Old 03-25-2012, 01:50 AM

167 posts, read 269,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slevin Kelevra View Post
You can't put a city in the top 5, maybe 10, if it doens't have all four professional sports (sorry LA).

This thread is also about cities (sorry, Greenbay).
So, you wouldn't put Pittsburgh in your top 10?

Old 03-25-2012, 12:37 PM

8,634 posts, read 13,041,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by couldntthinkofaclevername View Post
The only one making excuses here is you. You point out attendance for years that were mostly competitive years, years that weren't all that long after Jordan did what he did. Show me the attendance for before those years. Actually, I do know quite a bit about your fans, and what exactly do a bunch of random Midwestern nobody fanbases have to do with whether or not you're full of bandwagons? You're 20. You've never seen a Bulls team that lost for enough consecutive years. The Bears as I pointed out, and the Cubs/White Sox are the only teams that have die-hard fans. That doesn't make a real sports city. Also, so do the Eagles who have never once won a Superbowl.

Salty? Man you're trying way too hard. Your overrated team got a whole lot of calls and we didn't, and you all cheated and played dirty, but the fact is that the Flyers didn't deserve to win the way they were playing. You're salty because I called out your bandwagon fan base and because the Flyers have never not had good attendance. Keep trying to deflect that onto me all you like though.

Actually, it in fact does matter when they moved to Philadelphia. Before the Sixers, there was the Warriors, and the Nationals were in Syracuse.

No they didn't, and by the way, that was only a few years after Jordan made the team a dynasty so please don't ever try to act like it had been light-years since then.

Actually, our fanbase has been strong ever since the 60s. You somehow seem to think that people not being able to afford overpriced tickets or not wanting to go has anything to do with whether or not they're die-hard fans. Iverson's Sixers brought people in from the suburbs and people who aren't real basketball fans and only wanted to be entertained for the most part. The Sixers with Andre Miller brought in real Sixers fans. Also, Iverson didn't even remotely make the Sixers popular; he made his jersey popular. The Sixers have had a very large, die-hard fanbase since the 60s. In that time they have only won ONE Finals and have not been continuously competitive the way the Bulls have from Jordan to today, yet they have a very large die-hard fanbase. People here, the real fans at least, don't like watching a team with Iverson or any other selfish ballhog on it. We didn't want Carmelo Anthony, we don't want Lou Williams, and we can't stand the clueless people who write about the Sixers and represent our fanbase.

Ah, once again trying to act like it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that your team has barely not been competitive every single year since the late 80s. Nice try. Sorry but you get absolutely no credit from me.
Your right, most of the people who bad mouth Sixers fans don't no what they are talking about!

Old 03-25-2012, 12:45 PM

78 posts, read 157,876 times
At least the sixers don't have problems filling seats unlike most other cities.
Philadelphia is the top sports city.

Philadelphia has the loyal fans, the sports bars, the parties, the sports figures from the city, the rings, and the stadiums.

Philadelphia
Chicago
Boston
New York
Pittsburgh
St. Louis

Old 03-27-2012, 08:40 AM

14,198 posts, read 22,830,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuy85 View Post
Any excuses for the Blackhawks not selling out even when they were bad?
Yeah, Blackhawks fans should be grateful that they don't have to put up with half the **** that Penguins fans do, even though the recent histories of both teams are strikingly similar. Both teams played in arenas that were barely half-full when they were lousy early last decade, yet Blackhawks fans don't get labeled as "bandwagoners" the way Penguins fans do. Both teams parlayed a series of poor seasons into high draft picks, yet the Blackhawks are never accused of deliberately tanking to get Jonathan Toews or Patrick Kane the way the Penguins are accused of tanking to get Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin. Simply put, the Blackhawks are the Penguins of the Western Conference, yet nobody hates them for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City