Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 11:49 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,635,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
your redneck friend is quoting you again..... lol

he is like a nagging, old 70 year old women

Anyways, my vote is for PA. I wish there was a poll. I like to see Florida loose
She said they don't get fires in PA.
I thought that was interesting.

Do have something relevant to add to that?

And it is lose not loose. Did they not teach you that when you got your MBA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 12:01 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,655,649 times
220 acres of the Poconos don't burn every year. Why? IT RAINS ALL YEAR in the NE, unlike SW FLORIDA which goes for months and months without any rain. Very difficult to have wildfires when it is RAINING.

Is this so difficult for you to understand? Florida = year round SUN = NO RAIN = WILDFIRES

Old 05-17-2009, 12:10 PM

Default Wildfires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
She said they don't get fires in PA.
I thought that was interesting.

Do have something relevant to add to that?

And it is lose not loose. Did they not teach you that when you got your MBA?
220 acres of the Poconos are on fire every year? Little secret. The NE doesn't go for months and months without either rain or snow, which happens with the SUNSHINE STATE. Very difficult for wildfires to start when the ground is soaked from rain, or has SNOW on the ground. It is only when there is a severe draught (not common like Florida) that wildfires start.

You lose this one, buddy. Or are you going to try to say that the NE is now JUST LIKE FLORIDA???? Go ahead, try it.

Old 05-17-2009, 01:49 PM

2,413 posts, read 5,747,685 times
This is no contest for me. I've been to PA and was not impressed. I like FL's climate much more. And the Cities are more fun. There is nothing special about Amish people except thier cookies . I love the beach and everything there is to do with to ocean; Swimming, snorkling, scuba diving, deep sea fishing, surfing, skim boarding, shelling, ect. Can't do any of that in PA.

Old 05-17-2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
220 acres of the Poconos don't burn every year. Why? IT RAINS ALL YEAR in the NE, unlike SW FLORIDA which goes for months and months without any rain. Very difficult to have wildfires when it is RAINING.

Is this so difficult for you to understand? Florida = year round SUN = NO RAIN = WILDFIRES
With year round sun, ill take the small chance of a wildfire.

Old 05-17-2009, 02:15 PM

Default Small?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Fla View Post
With year round sun, ill take the small chance of a wildfire.
It is hardly a SMALL chance in the Everglades. That is a very big price to pay for sunshine.

My water bills also reflect a very big price to pay for the year round sunshine. Anyway, it looks like the rainy season may have started. It's like a monsoon outside now.

Enjoy your fun in the sunshine now.

Last edited by TANaples; 05-17-2009 at 02:25 PM..

Old 05-17-2009, 03:38 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,635,632 times
Quote:

Not to difficult to understand that every area has wildfires.

PA Wildfire Contained - WETM 18 Online

(FILE AP) TIOGA - Firefighters in Tioga County Pennsylvania have managed to control a wildfire that’s been burning since this past weekend west of Wellsboro.

State forestry officials said 780 acres of state forest have burned near the Village of Rexford that’s in Shippen Township.

Old 05-17-2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
It is hardly a SMALL chance in the Everglades. That is a very big price to pay for sunshine.

My water bills also reflect a very big price to pay for the year round sunshine. Anyway, it looks like the rainy season may have started. It's like a monsoon outside now.

Enjoy your fun in the sunshine now.
Wait, your complaining about the dry season and the fire danger, and now your complaining that its raining You have won My typical New Yorker award for today. And yes, I will enjoy the sunshine. Its Florida, the weather will change back to sunny in 5 mins

Old 05-17-2009, 07:03 PM

Default You don't understand sarcasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Fla View Post
Wait, your complaining about the dry season and the fire danger, and now your complaining that its raining You have won My typical New Yorker award for today. And yes, I will enjoy the sunshine. Its Florida, the weather will change back to sunny in 5 mins
do you? I AM thoroughly enjoying the RAIN. Are YOU? Yes, the sun came out at 7 PM. Oh, let's hurry up and go fishing before the sun goes down.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:08 PM

Quote:
do you? I AM thoroughly enjoying the RAIN. Are YOU? Yes, the sun came out at 7 PM. Oh, let's hurry up and go fishing before the sun goes down.
yes, I enjoy the rain. It keeps FL cool. And it leaves plenty of time to do things before sunset, if your not lazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City