Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is the most Underrated City?
Albuquerque 57 16.15%
Charlotte 30 8.50%
Denver 44 12.46%
El Paso 17 4.82%
Portland 38 10.76%
Milwaukee 53 15.01%
Oklahoma City 25 7.08%
Tucson 9 2.55%
Other (You name it) Has to be on the top 50 Largest! 80 22.66%
Voters: 353. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 11:11 PM

7,076 posts, read 12,345,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Regardless of how "small" our metro may be we are still america's 33rd largest city.
This is so true!!! City limits usually begin to "top out" on population growth before the suburbs and metro populations begin to grow. This happens to all US cities and it will happen to ABQ too (if strict restraints on sprawl aren't enforced).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 02:15 AM

4,552 posts, read 15,025,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
O.K. big boy "Albuquerque" Tulsa and OKC has Elite Academy Universities.....Tulsa University for Tulsa and OKC has Oklahoma University in Norman Oklahoma....Albuquerque Universities Aren't Highly Rated.

I dont think you understood what I was trying to say Mr.Okie fanatic- let me break it down for ya-- Im saying that people arnt hating on OK City,Tulsa,Little Rock and Ft.Worth cause of the lack of education and blah blah blah cause the same could be said for every Southern state and the Southwestern states.So I think people have other reasons of hating on a place. I just dont know what it is cause I dont hate.

Old 07-10-2009, 02:02 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,579,392 times
Default My BAD..can We Still Be Friendly..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
I dont think you understood what I was trying to say Mr.Okie fanatic- let me break it down for ya-- Im saying that people arnt hating on OK City,Tulsa,Little Rock and Ft.Worth cause of the lack of education and blah blah blah cause the same could be said for every Southern state and the Southwestern states.So I think people have other reasons of hating on a place. I just dont know what it is cause I dont hate.
I thought that you were just the typical person from Albuquerque....
that never even been to Tulsa...bagging ..on Tulsa..my "BAD"..but
people from Tulsa And OKC aren't dummies and Tulsa University is
a very "elite' " Academic" university.

P.S. By the way I LOVE ALBUQUERQUE N.M Is A Great City...I stop out in Albuquerque every time that I drive
to Tulsa..Where my FAMILY is...and spend a DAY or TWO there..I Have Been by Myself in CALI For The Last
30 Some odd Years......And Haven't Been To Albuquerque And TULSA Since 2003...

Old 07-10-2009, 03:09 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,503,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
I don't know what it is either. It's just something about the South-Central United States that is overlooked.

BTW, I've been to ABQ many times and really enjoy the area. Santa Fe is also a great town.

Old 07-11-2009, 03:30 PM

Default AZ University Give's Tucson A Advantage Over Albuquerque

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Albuquerque has wayyyyyyyy more Nightlife than Tucson thats forsure!
You have never been to Dowtown Albuquerque i'm assuming..

Plus I have contacts dude.
AZ University brings in more California /LA college students than ASU or UNM and makes Tucson far...far..far..more exciting than Albuquerque N.M
however neither CITY have a CLUB SCENE or NIGHT LIFE.....WORTH BRAGGING ABOUT

Old 07-11-2009, 03:38 PM

Default I Know What It Is...It's Called FLY OVER LAND......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
I don't know what it is either. It's just something about the South-Central United States that is overlooked.

BTW, I've been to ABQ many times and really enjoy the area. Santa Fe is also a great town.
I know what you are trying to say , but just can't quite put your finger on...It...Known as (Fly Over Land)...yeah the area that we are talking
about is known as "fly over land"...and that's mean's that it's not a
"Destination City" that people from the east or west coast or Chicago
San Francisco or any other World Class City or highly rated U.S. city
would even consider stopping off in or visiting.........with the Exception Of Me..

Old 07-11-2009, 04:35 PM

318 posts, read 320,983 times
I think New York City is the most underrated because most people would not give credit to New York for what it is yet they watch New York based TV programming or read New York based newspapers or magazines on a daily basis.

Old 07-11-2009, 04:46 PM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
NYC is not the most underrated large city and to say otherwise shows bias.

Old 07-11-2009, 04:55 PM

318 posts, read 320,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
NYC is not the most underrated large city and to say otherwise shows bias.
Because you say so? Of course it is. Given New York's cultural contribution it is hard to believe that it gets the rap of being uncultured and rough place like it was still 1974. New York mayor's office spends on arts more than National Endowment for the Arts in the entire US. New York is underrated and any attempts at correcting this situation are dismissed as elitism and snobbery.

Old 07-11-2009, 04:59 PM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalcut View Post
Because you say so? Of course it is. Given New York's cultural contribution it is hard to believe that it gets the rap of being uncultured and rough place like it was still 1974. New York mayor's office spends on arts more than National Endowment for the Arts in the entire US. New York is underrated and any attempts at correcting this situation are dismissed as elitism and snobbery.
It's elitism and snobbery as well as arrogance if people especially New Yorkers actually believe they are the most underrated city in the nation. You can't be called underrated if people actually believe you are the capital of the World and you have the United Nations headquarters and you are still essentially the cultural and financial capital of the world. You can't be underrated. If any city in America is underrated, it's Philadelphia simply because it is a powerhouse in itself but is shadowed by New York to it's north and Washington DC to it's south. Most people know that NY's crime is not nearly as bad as it use to be. In fact, more people believe Chicago and LA's crime is worse than New Yorks and it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City