Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2009, 09:54 PM

21 posts, read 59,759 times

Advertisements

I have two kids and i,m staying in louisiana right now i thinking about moving to either georgia or california, moreno valley rent is the same as georgia but i keep hearing how bad it is i here most people from cali are leaving going to the south has it got that worse were people are leaving cali for south.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 04:22 PM

21 posts, read 65,862 times
As in all cities in the US, you have good areas as well as not so good. Moreno Valley has some nice areas. The city gets a bad rap, like many others. Just give your kids a good upbringing, teach them right from wrong, show thems lots of love and decide which city works for you. One thing for sure - SoCal has some great weather with low humidity. Plenty of fun places, beaches, mountains snow, and sufr. In all in one state.Good Luck!

Old 06-22-2009, 09:13 PM

132 posts, read 427,272 times
Having been to both, I'd choose Atlanta.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:55 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,912,879 times
My parents in Moreno Valley were about to move to Alpharetta, GA. They decided to stay in Moreno Valley. They live in a nice part of town (no crime, good schools, mountain views). It all depends on what you are looking for.

Old 06-23-2009, 03:19 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,085,202 times
Never been to GA but I would recomend MV

Old 06-23-2009, 06:40 PM

212 posts, read 641,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
My parents in Moreno Valley were about to move to Alpharetta, GA. They decided to stay in Moreno Valley. They live in a nice part of town (no crime, good schools, mountain views). It all depends on what you are looking for.
Having lived in MV for 2 years, I cannot see how any part of it is crime-free.

Old 06-26-2009, 05:58 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,912,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathegg88 View Post
Having lived in MV for 2 years, I cannot see how any part of it is crime-free.
I've spent most of my life there. My parents lived there when it was Sunnymead. My dad went to UCR in the 1960s-late 1970s. I know Moreno Valley. Yes, there are crime free parts (Sunnymead Ranch, Coleman Estates, Steeplechase Hills, Hidden Springs, Shadow Mountain, Box Springs, Moreno Valley Ranch, StoneRidge Ranch, most of Rancho Belago...these places are hardly crime havens).

See, who recently moved in, that go by what they hear...and not the facts. They don't take the time to learn the city, they only observe one or two incidents in THEIR area and assume the same happens in the entire city of 190k.

This is not saying that there is no crime in the entire city, but rather there are MANY safe places in the city. Conversely, there are some not so safe areas. I avoid central Moreno Valley and Edgemont as well as some parts of Rancho Belago heading toward central Moreno Valley. So you see, the core of the city is not that great, but the outside part is fine.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:41 PM

50 posts, read 133,739 times
google watch dog
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City