Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city has a better skyline
Dayton 33 56.90%
Toledo 25 43.10%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 08:34 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,517,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshire81182 View Post
IMO, Dayton because of its density.
I'd also give the nod to Dayton, mainly because of it's apparent higher density of towers.

Old 10-22-2009, 09:32 AM

8,180 posts, read 14,860,458 times
I've seen Toledo's skyline before, but I think this may have been the first time I've seen Dayton's. I'm going with Dayton here; it's more well-proportioned. It doesn't help that Toledo's two tallest are a monolithic glass tower and a brutalist building. But I like its shorter, older buildings.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:51 AM

434 posts, read 1,164,549 times
My favorite view of the Toledo skyline is when you're driving on the Ohio Turnpike and crossing the Maumee River; look north (beyond the old railroad bridge), and you can see the downtown highrises clearly (about 7 miles away).

Old 08-07-2010, 04:27 PM

1 posts, read 2,300 times
I am a proud citizen of toledo and can state with authority Toledo has a bigger downtown, more people by 100,000 and bigger population. Plus Dayton isnt a Lake Port like Toledo. Makes me wonder how many of the above posters have even been in Toledo let alone Ohio. Toledos 2000 census pop figs were Toledo had a population of 313,619 with 139,871 housing units; a land area land area of 80.62 sq. miles; a water area of 3.45 sq. miles; and a population density of 3,889.98 people per sq. mile for Census 2000 placing it 4th largest city in Ohio after Columbus, Cincinnati and Cleveland and 57th largest in the United State. Toledo grew quickly as a result of the Miami and Erie Canal and its position on the railway line between New York and Chicago. It has since become a city well known for its industry, particularly in glass and auto assembly ex. Jeep headquarters and related auto parts production, as well as its art community, education, and local sports teams. The eleven county Northwest Ohio/Toledo/Fremont media market includes over 1 million residents. Unlike Dayton, Toledo is a major Great Lakes Port connecting to NY and Boston and other cities on the Great Lakes. The Port of Toledo is a large Great Lakes port located at the western end of Lake Erie. It provides intermodal access to rail and trucking resources, as well as Big Lucas and Little Lucas, two of the largest cranes of any port on the Great Lakes. Dayton doesnt have this distinction

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ne_evening.jpg

Last edited by DopplerMatt; 08-07-2010 at 04:33 PM.. Reason: added pic of downtown

Old 08-07-2010, 06:37 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,860,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DopplerMatt View Post
I am a proud citizen of toledo and can state with authority Toledo has a bigger downtown, more people by 100,000 and bigger population. Plus Dayton isnt a Lake Port like Toledo. Makes me wonder how many of the above posters have even been in Toledo let alone Ohio. Toledos 2000 census pop figs were Toledo had a population of 313,619 with 139,871 housing units; a land area land area of 80.62 sq. miles; a water area of 3.45 sq. miles; and a population density of 3,889.98 people per sq. mile for Census 2000 placing it 4th largest city in Ohio after Columbus, Cincinnati and Cleveland and 57th largest in the United State. Toledo grew quickly as a result of the Miami and Erie Canal and its position on the railway line between New York and Chicago. It has since become a city well known for its industry, particularly in glass and auto assembly ex. Jeep headquarters and related auto parts production, as well as its art community, education, and local sports teams. The eleven county Northwest Ohio/Toledo/Fremont media market includes over 1 million residents. Unlike Dayton, Toledo is a major Great Lakes Port connecting to NY and Boston and other cities on the Great Lakes. The Port of Toledo is a large Great Lakes port located at the western end of Lake Erie. It provides intermodal access to rail and trucking resources, as well as Big Lucas and Little Lucas, two of the largest cranes of any port on the Great Lakes. Dayton doesnt have this distinction
And none of this has absolutely nothing to do with which skyline is better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City