Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2021, 09:47 PM

9,915 posts, read 6,628,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Nice, wholesome Midwestern city. Site of a neat pedestrian bridge crossing the river into Iowa. Their airport is called Eppley Airfield (instead of "International Airport").

Valdosta, GA
From pictures, very nice looking town center. Seems to be quite in the Deep South.

Sarasota, FL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2021, 12:25 AM

3,467 posts, read 3,388,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
From pictures, very nice looking town center. Seems to be quite in the Deep South.

Sarasota, FL
It's a pretty nice city. Also its botanic gardens, and nearby islands, are decent too. Along with its location on the Gulf. And less suburban-y, vs. how Fort Myers and Naples seem to be like.

Ste. Genevieve, MO

Old 04-19-2021, 07:39 AM

13,647 posts, read 7,968,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Ste. Genevieve, MO
A small town on the Mississippi River south of St. Louis. I've been through there on I-55, but I never stopped over in the town. It's a beautiful, hilly area. Judging by its name, I'm guessing it was founded by French settlers prior to the Louisiana Purchase.

Marquette, Michigan

Old 04-20-2021, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
A small town on the Mississippi River south of St. Louis. I've been through there on I-55, but I never stopped over in the town. It's a beautiful, hilly area. Judging by its name, I'm guessing it was founded by French settlers prior to the Louisiana Purchase.

Marquette, Michigan
I've visited Marquette before, believe it or not! It's a nice and clean smaller city, up in the Upper Peninsula.

Mankato, MN

Old 04-20-2021, 07:50 AM

13,647 posts, read 7,968,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I've visited Marquette before, believe it or not! It's a nice and clean smaller city, up in the Upper Peninsula.

Mankato, MN
I've been to Marquette too, Sony. I love the UP and am planning to go back. Probably not this summer but hopefully next.

The only thing I know about Mankato is that it's in the southern part of the state and is home to Minnesota State University.

Newport, Rhode Island

Old 04-20-2021, 12:04 PM

899 posts, read 521,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I've been to Marquette too, Sony. I love the UP and am planning to go back. Probably not this summer but hopefully next.

The only thing I know about Mankato is that it's in the southern part of the state and is home to Minnesota State University.

Newport, Rhode Island
Looks fairly nice, also has a good position not too far from Providence, but on an island.

Yuba City, California

Old 04-20-2021, 12:29 PM

6,384 posts, read 5,021,384 times
Has a Punjabi-Mexican community. Northwest(?) of Sacramento. I unfortunately never ended up visiting when I lived in that part of the country.

Tyler, TX

Old 04-20-2021, 01:02 PM

14,201 posts, read 9,103,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
Has a Punjabi-Mexican community. Northwest(?) of Sacramento. I unfortunately never ended up visiting when I lived in that part of the country.

Tyler, TX
Biggest city in the East Texas pinelands, and as one might expect from a city located in the middle of a huge forest, it's a center of lumber and wood products manufacturing. My grandmother was born and raised in Lufkin, a few miles up US 59.

Lawrence, Kan.

Old 04-20-2021, 01:58 PM

6,384 posts, read 5,021,384 times
One of the Plains state's two big college towns along with Manhattan. Kurt Cobain once met his hero Allen Ginsberg in his home there, and was struck that the author lived such an isolated life, he didn't know who the current president was. Later that day, I believe, Ginsberg mentioned that something didn't seem right with Cobain.

Rocky Mount, NC

Old 04-20-2021, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
One of the Plains state's two big college towns along with Manhattan. Kurt Cobain once met his hero Allen Ginsberg in his home there, and was struck that the author lived such an isolated life, he didn't know who the current president was. Later that day, I believe, Ginsberg mentioned that something didn't seem right with Cobain.

Rocky Mount, NC
Hadn't been there, but it seems like(from what I looked up) a depressed city that probably once had more industrial jobs. Maybe one day, that town will bounce back? And I know Amtrak trains stop there.

Greensboro, NC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City