Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2010, 10:14 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,049,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavercreek33 View Post
The Chicago Spire is one great piece of architecture. What do you think of some of the new talls going up across the country?

OKC
Cincinnati
Charlotte
and your city Austin?
I personally love the work Austin is doing to it's downtown. Take a picture of Austin's skyline in 2004 and then compare it a decade later in 2014, and you'll see how it's dramatically different.

Oklahoma City building the supertall is a good sign for OKC, especially recently when they got OKC Thunders. They're making head way as a leader in growth, I hope they continue to do the work to break through and become a large city like Charlotte, Austin, and Columbus.

I really love the idea that Cincinnati is getting a tall building. I think you of all people will know how I truly feel about Cincy, you've seen my posts in the past. I really believe that Cincy is a VERY underrated city, and it's often forgotten about. I hope they continue to revitalize their skyline and city as well, and can follow in Pittsburgh's footsteps.

Charlotte is a rather impressive city, the amount it's grown in the 1990's to present day is probably something no one would've predicted in 1950. I really like their skyline, when I see pictures of it, I get the vibe that it's somewhat like a mix between Philadelphia's and Atlanta's. I don't know if anyone else feels that way, but that's just my personal opinion on Charlotte. Great cityscape!

Old 04-28-2010, 10:19 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,186,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
I personally love the work Austin is doing to it's downtown. Take a picture of Austin's skyline in 2004 and then compare it a decade later in 2014, and you'll see how it's dramatically different.

Oklahoma City building the supertall is a good sign for OKC, especially recently when they got OKC Thunders. They're making head way as a leader in growth, I hope they continue to do the work to break through and become a large city like Charlotte, Austin, and Columbus.

I really love the idea that Cincinnati is getting a tall building. I think you of all people will know how I truly feel about Cincy, you've seen my posts in the past. I really believe that Cincy is a VERY underrated city, and it's often forgotten about. I hope they continue to revitalize their skyline and city as well, and can follow in Pittsburgh's footsteps.

Charlotte is a rather impressive city, the amount it's grown in the 1990's to present day is probably something no one would've predicted in 1950. I really like their skyline, when I see pictures of it, I get the vibe that it's somewhat like a mix between Philadelphia's and Atlanta's. I don't know if anyone else feels that way, but that's just my personal opinion on Charlotte. Great cityscape!
I agree it looks like Philly and ATL's kid.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:41 PM

404 posts, read 595,908 times
I'm surprised at some of the rediculous cities on this list. NO San Jose, CA. And Cleveland over KC? Lulz..fail.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:55 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,632,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoKC View Post
I'm surprised at some of the rediculous cities on this list. NO San Jose, CA. And Cleveland over KC? Lulz..fail.
So what if Cleveland is over KC. Cleveland's skyline is better than KC's anyway. Cleveland is above KC because it has more buildings, read the OP's post.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:04 PM

Quote:
So what if Cleveland is over KC. Cleveland's skyline is better than KC's anyway. Cleveland is above KC because it has more buildings, read the OP's post.
That doesn't mean it looks better, sure Cleveland has acouple nice buildings and they kind of stand out, but different angles of the KC skyline you'll get a completely different perspective of it's size. Plus we all know Cleveland sucks.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:06 PM

31 posts, read 62,604 times
Now surprise la and sf came so close together. Its hard to see both because sf has fog and la has smog

Old 04-28-2010, 11:07 PM

Quote:
That doesn't mean it looks better, sure Cleveland has acouple nice buildings and they kind of stand out, but different angles of the KC skyline you'll get a completely different perspective of it's size. Plus we all know Cleveland sucks.
LOL Cleveland beats KC in just about everything. Cleveland has a hell of a lot more angles than KC does, what go take in some views from the cornfields! In Cleveland you have the lake, the lakefront, and areas from the lakefront parks and beaches.

In reality, KC sucks, GHETTOkc!

Troll!

Old 04-28-2010, 11:10 PM

Quote:
LOL Cleveland beats KC in just about everything. Cleveland has a hell of a lot more angles than KC does, what go take in some views from the cornfields! In Cleveland you have the lake, the lakefront, and areas from the lakefront parks and beaches.

In reality, KC sucks, GHETTOkc!

Troll!
No actually Cleveland sucks. Troll!

Old 04-28-2010, 11:13 PM

Quote:
No actually Cleveland sucks. Troll!
You know nothing about Cleveland. I was just in KC about two months ago, it's downtown was dead, and can't even compete with Cleveland on cultural levels. I am in Cleveland now on business.

ha!, the pot calling the kettle black. Your actions reek troll. Look it up. Go to bed, you have school in the morning.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:16 PM

Quote:
You know nothing about Cleveland. I was just in KC about two months ago, it's downtown was dead, and can't even compete with Cleveland on cultural levels. I am in Cleveland now on business.

ha!, the pot calling the kettle black. Your actions reek troll. Look it up. Go to bed, you have school in the morning.
I know the Browns stink, and the Indians smell liek poo!
...and I know that your skyline is overrated, and Cleveland is filled with Ohio sillynannys. Now you go to bed, you need some much needed beauty sleep, troll!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City