Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2009, 11:00 AM

6,613 posts, read 16,597,946 times

Advertisements

Had CA been settled by Euros when NYS was, today it would be several smaller states. Its land area is practically the size of NYS+NJ+5 of the six New England states! Of course it has more of everything!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 11:06 AM

37,188 posts, read 39,473,415 times
Though it is blessed with more topographical/climactic diversity within its area than any equivalent area in the East.

Old 07-29-2009, 11:22 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,964,799 times
CA is certainly blessed.

Old 07-29-2009, 11:25 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,964,799 times
The thing with CA, even IF you DID divide it up in different states, those states within themselves would be awesome also. From an econimic, natural, diversity standpoint, Bay Area, SoCal, NorCal we're there own states, they would be awesome.

Old 07-29-2009, 11:52 AM

2,413 posts, read 5,753,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
And I think I have ackowledged that already that we are talking about states, I advice you do a little reading first

Thank you

Cali more important than NYC? HA that's a joke.

Now why are we going to NYC vs. LA? Didn't NYC win on that the thread on which city has a greatest influence?

Note: I have mention NYC due to you, because you said "and the rest of the entire state of California is way more important than NYC and all of NY
NYC is the Financial capital of the Western World. " So please do not say that this is about states LOL
What I don't get is, if NYC is so great, why are you making things up to make it seem more important? NYC is great, but it can't win in everything, so stop trying.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:00 PM

353 posts, read 817,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
The thing with CA, even IF you DID divide it up in different states, those states within themselves would be awesome also. From an econimic, natural, diversity standpoint, Bay Area, SoCal, NorCal we're there own states, they would be awesome.
you gave me and idea!

Old 07-29-2009, 01:33 PM

1,020 posts, read 2,756,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
And I think I have ackowledged that already that we are talking about states, I advice you do a little reading first

Thank you

Cali more important than NYC? HA that's a joke.

Now why are we going to NYC vs. LA? Didn't NYC win on that the thread on which city has a greatest influence?

Note: I have mention NYC due to you, because you said "and the rest of the entire state of California is way more important than NYC and all of NY
NYC is the Financial capital of the Western World. " So please do not say that this is about states LOL
I'm sorry, but this argument is pretty bad. You can't just pick the largest and most important city in a region as evidence that said region is more important than another region. That's like saying that the Aztec Empire was more important than the British Empire in 1500 because Tenochtitlan was much bigger than London (212,000 vs. 50,000, respectively).

Old 07-29-2009, 01:54 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,724,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesBloodAxe View Post
You should probably get out more
Yeah. I'm sure that's it Dr. Phil. Thanks.

I have gone to NYC probably 20 times or so and always have had a great time. But then vacations tend to be that way.

Old 07-29-2009, 02:15 PM

2,437 posts, read 8,187,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widowmaker2k View Post
I'm sorry, but this argument is pretty bad. You can't just pick the largest and most important city in a region as evidence that said region is more important than another region. That's like saying that the Aztec Empire was more important than the British Empire in 1500 because Tenochtitlan was much bigger than London (212,000 vs. 50,000, respectively).
Or, to put it another way...

Sao Paulo and Mexico City both have populations which eclipse that of New York City. Does that mean that Brazil and Mexico are both more important than the US on the world scene?

Old 07-29-2009, 08:29 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,706,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Fla View Post
What I don't get is, if NYC is so great, why are you making things up to make it seem more important? NYC is great, but it can't win in everything, so stop trying.
Who's trying? LOL. I am trying because it is already proved that NYC is more important then every city in the US.

Well I just have provided you with references, you cannot argue with facts Here are the references again if maybe you did not see it

GAWC World Cities Ranking List

The 60 Most Important Cities in the World (http://ezinearticles.com/?The-60-Most-Important-Cities-in-the-World&id=925532 - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City