Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 03:39 PM

37,188 posts, read 39,473,415 times

Advertisements

California has LA, the Bay Area (San Francisco/San Jose/Silicon Valley/Stanford/Wine Country), and San Diego. These three (along with many smaller ones) are among the most influential/populous/prosperous regions in the nation. Though they individually don't match up to NYC, combined they offer more than NYC and the rest of New York State. Does that make more sense now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 03:39 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,706,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Look at the title of the thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
I get what you are saying but NYC is located in NY, and LA is in Cali. That is why I said that NYC (NY) comes first then CALI, because of LA But yeah you are right.
I acknowledged that the title is "Why is cali the most talked about state on here?"

Old 07-27-2009, 03:40 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,376,427 times
Quote:
Yeah it sure is, but since I live in a military city there are many NYers here, that is how I survive. If it was not because there are NYers here I would have drowned
So, tell us - have you ever been outside of your comfort zone, or are you just not interested in a place if there are a dearth of native New Yorkers around to keep you above water?

I think I know the answer.........

Old 07-27-2009, 03:41 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,236,937 times
Quote:
I acknowledged that the title is "Why is cali the most talked about state on here?"
Oh, and your answer is NYCS??? ok, gotcha

Old 07-27-2009, 03:42 PM

2,848 posts, read 6,442,242 times
It's pretty obvious to anyone who has spent a lot of time on City Data that Texas gets discussed way more than Cali or New York.

I'm not sure why. It does have more people than New York though and judging by the number of posters you get from Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth and Austin you would think it had more people than Cali.

I guess City Data is just a very popular site with Texans. North Carolina has a huge number of posters as well but most of them stay on their State forum where as a lot of Texan posters post on the General U.S. and City vs. City forums as well.

Old 07-27-2009, 03:45 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,236,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
It's pretty obvious to anyone who has spent a lot of time on City Data that Texas gets discussed way more than Cali or New York.

I'm not sure why. It does have more people than New York though and judging by the number of posters you get from Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth and Austin you would think it had more people than Cali.

I guess City Data is just a very popular site with Texans. North Carolina has a huge number of posters as well but most of them stay on their State forum where as a lot of Texan posters post on the General U.S. and City vs. City forums as well.
Honestly, it's not many active Texan's that frequent the General US section. I've noticed lots of newbies popping up out of nowhere for all states, especially when it comes to city vs. city

Texas is discussed more because it is brought up more. Lots of the threads that include TX in the title weren't even created by Texans.

Old 07-27-2009, 03:45 PM

37,188 posts, read 39,473,415 times
It seems like there are a lot of New Yorkers and Floridians as well. As for Californians, norcal folk seem to outnumber Angelenos. Actually, it seems like there's a much smaller number of LA posters than would be expected (unless you make the argument that LA public schools are so shoddy that the kids never quite figure out how to use the interwebz).

Old 07-27-2009, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
So, tell us - have you ever been outside of your comfort zone, or are you just not interested in a place if there are a dearth of native New Yorkers around to keep you above water?

I think I know the answer.........
Yes I have been to FL, Chicago, Georgia, but nothing compares like NY, and many other places more.. However I believe this thread was created to bash NY, because I have already asked Why NY is the most talked about in CD...

Old 07-27-2009, 03:47 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,573,514 times
Everybody is arguing about California and New York. All I can say is that they are both great states and the best thing is that they are not located in the south.

Old 07-27-2009, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Oh, and your answer is NYCS??? ok, gotcha
Like I said I acknowleged it, so I do not what are you trying to imply here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City