Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 12:00 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,527,896 times

Advertisements

UC... you are kind of making a fool of yourself. just stop, I'm laughing too hard here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 12:02 PM

749 posts, read 1,317,415 times
This is 2009, we buy things off the internet these days. I could care less if I don't have eight options of where to buy my $2500 suit instead of the two or three places here in Charlotte. Back to topic, to me I need green in my city, lots of it, so of course I'm going to choose Charlotte.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:09 PM

1,588 posts, read 4,064,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
^^^^LOL LOL LOL!!!
H&M is coming to uptown Charlotte near the new Ritz Carlton and the new Bang and Olufsen.
H&M was supposed to be a part of the EpiCentre / 210 Trade development. This was announced back in early 2005??

Old 08-05-2009, 12:09 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,527,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinablue View Post
This is 2009, we buy things off the internet these days. I could care less if I don't have eight options of where to buy my $2500 suit instead of the two or three places here in Charlotte. Back to topic, to me I need green in my city, lots of it, so of course I'm going to choose Charlotte.
Charlotte loses, why can't you just say that... There are plenty of people who do care. I have no problems believing people in Charlotte don't want this kind of stuff, all the while they(the actual city of Charlotte has full funding and control) are building the NASCAR hall of fame in Uptown. Which just goes to show you the huge cultural differences in a city like Charlotte. My friend just moved there from Chicago and is going out of his mind. I know several from the east coast in the same dilemma.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:11 PM

749 posts, read 1,317,415 times
^^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinablue View Post
Phoenix has better shopping, point settled. next topic.
What? Are you blind? Did you not read my post at all....I was trying to change the subject since it was causing such an uproar, geesh. My advice for your friend would be to do some research before he moves to such unknown places.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:12 PM

7,077 posts, read 12,353,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
UC... you are kind of making a fool of yourself. just stop, I'm laughing too hard here.
Um, how so? I have said MANY times that Phoenix is ahead of Charlotte when it comes to retail. However, I see Charlotte closing that gap in the next 5 to 10 years. If you think that is a "foolish" statement then that is your opinion. I stand by my statements. A foolish statement would be claiming that Charlotte and Phoenix are retail equals (which I have not done). You must have me confused with another Charlotte poster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
Charlotte loses, why can't you just say that... There are plenty of people who do care. I have no problems believing people in Charlotte don't want this kind of stuff, all the while they are building the NASCAR hall of fame though. Which just goes to show you the huge cultural differences in a city like Charlotte. My friend just moved there from Chicago and is going out of his mind. I know several from the east coast in the same dilemma.
You mean the same NASCAR Hall of Fame that cities like Atlanta tried to get but lost out to Charlotte ROTFLMAO!!! And as for your friend from Chicago, if he did not move to uptown Charlotte, he obviously couldn't affort it. People from NYC that live in or near Uptown Charlotte are in HEAVEN (their words, not mine). Some even LOVE the suburban locations of town as well. Boy is this thread getting good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOut View Post
H&M was supposed to be a part of the EpiCentre / 210 Trade development. This was announced back in early 2005??
That was an old announcement that I honestly was not aware of. The latest announcement (as of this year) is for a store not too far from Epicentre near the Arena. I am not sure, but I think it is going to be a part of the ground floor retail of one of the hotels in the area. Again, I am not sure of the EXACT location. I do know the H&M talk is much stronger than the Bloomies talk. We will see what happens.

Last edited by urbancharlotte; 08-05-2009 at 12:27 PM..

Old 08-05-2009, 02:06 PM

174 posts, read 404,091 times
Seeing how one of the original poster's guidelines was affordability, do you really think this 3 page debate on upscale shopping really matters?

Anyways, back on point. I choose Charlotte. I have nothing against Phoenix - at all. It's a great city and I could definitely be happy there. But, I simply prefer green over the desert. I also like the vicinity to the ocean and mountains. Plus, I actually prefer the fact that it is only about half the size of Phoenix.

Old 08-05-2009, 02:11 PM

8,630 posts, read 10,157,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCbyChoice View Post
Seeing how one of the original poster's guidelines was affordability, do you really think this 3 page debate on upscale shopping really matters?

Anyways, back on point. I choose Charlotte. I have nothing against Phoenix - at all. It's a great city and I could definitely be happy there. But, I simply prefer green over the desert. I also like the vicinity to the ocean and mountains. Plus, I actually prefer the fact that it is only about half the size of Phoenix.
Since the OP has stated in posts since the original post that it's the sunsets, shopping, lifestyle that add to the allure, I really think it does matter.

If your criteria were solely based on the vicinity to the ocean and mountains, Phoenix would be just as good of a match. It's the same distance to Puerto Penasco, MX as Charlotte is to the ocean...and the mountains are on a grander scale (not necessarily better, just bigger), but I hear ya with the green. I like green too.

Old 08-05-2009, 02:14 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,876,413 times
^So when Phoenix residents want to go to the beach, do they go to Mexico? Just curious.

Old 08-05-2009, 02:15 PM

8,630 posts, read 10,157,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
^So when Phoenix residents want to go to the beach, do they go to Mexico? Just curious.
or San Diego.

We've got direct flights to Hawaii as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City