Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 11:20 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,239,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
Its funny how Florida has 5 million more people than Illinois, but just a $100 billion ahead in GDP.
Yes, when I made the list I was suprised how well Illinois came out to be. I knew that Illinois has Chicagoland but still I did not know there are almost 13 million people in the state. Also the state does very well economically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 10:48 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,518,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manhattanrican View Post
I think city data has exhausted the debates about CA and TX being #1 and 2 respectiveley...now I'd like to know what you think is the 3rd most important? Florida and its beaches? NY and wallstreet? Illinois and chicago?

Pennsylvania and it's great universities and colleges.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:42 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,181,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Well people forget about NASA in Florida and, it's helping the aerospace industry downthere. I think launching rockets to the moon was an important thing, maybe it wasn't THAT big a deal to some people on hear. People also forget about lockhead martin having a lab in Orlando, and Orlando is a HOTBED for weapons testing, and simulation. And Florida is growing in the Biomedical field with Scripps building a lab down in Palm Beach County and then you got all the Naval Bases down there, I think that's important, then you got all the ports, one of them being the Port Of Jacksonville where Toyota car parts are shipped in, so if you drive a Toyota.... And also Florida has the 4th highest number of High-tech companies, the IBM PC was developed at the IBM in Boca Raton. And also Orlando was a hotspot for filming, Nickelodeon studios in the 90's had plenty of shows filmed there at Universal Studios, and many other movies filmed there also. And Florida's GDP is right behind New Yorks. So Floridas not TOO obselete. But #3 is definately New York, and #4 is definately Florida.
Nice post...as much as I love New York, I love Florida too, but the Florida stereotype is that it's a "vacation state" and that people don't work at all lol. Wrong.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
You guys are the ONLY people I've ever heard Florida being similar to NY when it comes to importance. MAYBE Illinois, but Florida? I just fell off the cough laughing....lmao.
Fell off the what? Where are you originally from? I bet it's not New York lol..

Old 04-29-2010, 11:48 PM

It's funny how I know more people that can't wait to leave New York than people that want to stay. Family members included. I still love it, as a place for the summertime...you can have the horrible winter though.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:53 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times
I hate to revive an already dead thread, but I just don't see what's so far fetched about putting Florida as number 4 behind NY. NO ONE is saying Florida is ABOVE NY as far as the economy goes, but Florida has the 4th highest GDP in the nation behind NY, the 4th highest population in the nation behind NY, so it would make plenty of sense to put it at number 4. They are comparable states. Texas and CA are far and ahead of both.

Old 03-22-2015, 06:57 PM

6 posts, read 6,753 times
Florida
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City