Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Southern California or North Jersey
Southern California 115 65.71%
North Jersey 60 34.29%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 04:53 AM

4,906 posts, read 6,845,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
Anyway the thread just left the direction from it's intended NJ VS. So Cal..and again we are talking about NYC..
agreed. But metro areas and proximity are whats important here. Why else would someone had paid 800,000 plus for a house in a place like Yorba Linda?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 05:00 AM

2,561 posts, read 5,812,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
agreed. But metro areas and proximity are whats important here. Why else would someone had paid 800,000 plus for a house in a place like Yorba Linda?
That is a good point,but why do people for hundreds of miles along the coast pay well over a million for a shack?..the ocean. This is the huge difference.. California's attraction dollar wise is more associated to geography,proximity to natural scenery..East Coast is a region of more urban amenity..it's an uneven comparison based on uneven variables..you feel me?

Last edited by Scott5280; 08-13-2009 at 05:22 AM..

Old 08-13-2009, 05:08 AM

One other component to New Jersey VS. Southern California is established population within the two regions. NJ .=much older in general=scarcity for land=longer time period..the West//especially California is a brand new toy in comparison to East Coast Cities..my guess is that if everything..variables among both coasts remain fairly equal. California will pass NYC in pricing..with the current economic situation,,current California politicians..ok I'M DEAD WRONG..

Old 08-13-2009, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
It has nothing to do with 9/11.
It's funny how people from a place like SoCal (which believe most desire to live there) will comment like you did. You first state that places in Socal are the most desirable and then are offended when a NYer states that NY is the most desirable. Truth is that not everyone desires either place.
That is actually a VERY EXCELLENT POINT..I have always said people in California think about NYC about as much as they do Mars and of course visa versa.. Very true indeed.. Of course for me no where exists outside Colorado..LOL..just kidding it's a little different from you guys here ..

Old 08-13-2009, 05:20 AM

So NYC is new home IAMEXICAN..No one can argue where home is for you.. I just got sick of hearing one sided opinions on these forums.. I choose Colorado to California, but enjoy some memories,and going back to California to visit.. I need to visit NJ,NY here soon too

Old 08-13-2009, 06:40 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,818,241 times
If I had to live in Jersey, I would rather South Jersey over North Jersey.

Old 08-13-2009, 06:43 AM

11,326 posts, read 20,326,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
If I had to live in Jersey, I would rather South Jersey over North Jersey.
Me too.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:07 AM

2,705 posts, read 8,270,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverestClimb View Post
Personally, I think we can all see that neither of you knows anything about Cal or NY if you actually believe that traffic is much less in N Jersey.

Complete and epic fail by both
Honestly ... the traffic in North Jersey is not that bad, AT ALL. I've hit much worse traffic in Upstate NY and Central Pennsylvania (unlikely, one would think), and (of course) Long Island. I think Long Island is what gives the NY Metro area a bad traffic reputation to out-of-staters (because both NY Airports are on LI/Queens). Other than traffic leading into the Holland Tunnel, Lincoln Tunnel, or GWB, at rush hours ... the traffic in NJ is totally reasonable, and generally really tolerable. It's much less of a car culture here, than in SoCal, that is for sure.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:12 AM

2,705 posts, read 8,270,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
Agreed...But Coastal OC. Balboa Island,Sea Shore Drive at the South End of the Peninsula..LOL that puts Jersey to shame within itself..
Where have you been in NJ, to make such claims? Just curious.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:14 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,931,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
Honestly ... the traffic in North Jersey is not that bad, AT ALL. I've hit much worse traffic in Upstate NY and Central Pennsylvania (unlikely, one would think), and (of course) Long Island. I think Long Island is what gives the NY Metro area a bad traffic reputation to out-of-staters (because both NY Airports are on LI/Queens). Other than traffic leading into the Holland Tunnel, Lincoln Tunnel, or GWB, at rush hours ... the traffic in NJ is totally reasonable, and generally really tolerable. It's much less of a car culture here, than in SoCal, that is for sure.

That's strange, because whenever i listen to traffic during rush hour, 80% of the time the accidents/major traffic is in NJ. I think it's much worse there than Queens or Long Island.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City